Where to buy bulk cable in Toronto.

Last response: in Home Audio
March 26, 2005 12:35:10 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm in Toronto (Canada) and am building a bunch of instrument cables
(regular coax for guitars and other unbalanced applications). I only
need about 250' of cable, but the prob is i've only found places that
will sell about a thousand feet at a time and no less (Electrosonic).
Any other place i've been to (Supremetronic/Active Electronics) downtown
has been 55 cents or more a foot which seems like too much money.

Any Toronto locals know of any places where i can buy a short run of
unbalanced coax?

Thanks,

Mike

More about : buy bulk cable toronto

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 12:35:11 AM

Mike Rocha wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm in Toronto (Canada) and am building a bunch of instrument cables
> (regular coax for guitars and other unbalanced applications). I only
> need about 250' of cable, but the prob is i've only found places that

> will sell about a thousand feet at a time and no less (Electrosonic).

> Any other place i've been to (Supremetronic/Active Electronics)
downtown
> has been 55 cents or more a foot which seems like too much money.
>
> Any Toronto locals know of any places where i can buy a short run of
> unbalanced coax?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

How about Long & McQuade? They sell that bulk instrument cable in the
basement at the Bloor St Store.

Are you sure Electrosonic doesn't have rolls of Belden shielded single
conductor instrument cable in 250' rolls? If you were asking for Co-Ax
they might have thought you wanted a Video cable.

Ask "Glentronix" if they will sell you 250' of Canare GS-6. They are
in Thornhill. Still $.54 a foot is average for that stuff; cheap in
canadian.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 11:52:27 AM

Mike Rocha wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm in Toronto (Canada) and am building a bunch of instrument cables
> (regular coax for guitars and other unbalanced applications). I only
> need about 250' of cable, but the prob is i've only found places that

> will sell about a thousand feet at a time and no less (Electrosonic).

> Any other place i've been to (Supremetronic/Active Electronics)
downtown
> has been 55 cents or more a foot which seems like too much money.
>
> Any Toronto locals know of any places where i can buy a short run of
> unbalanced coax?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Try http://www.sascom.com. they carry "Gotham" brand cable..

Good Stuff..
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 12:58:17 PM

Rapco in Toronto 1-800-263-5765 has all kinds of bulk cables.

Jim Samson is the contact.

Near 400 & Finch

!