how to boot someone in halo

Hi dave,

"dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:078101c4a124$680e9fe0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| how do i boot someone in halo also how do you know if
| someone is using cheats such as mods?

To Ban a player or kick him off the server the server administrator
needs to type the appropriate command into the console as follows:

First kick them out of the game using:
sv_kick "playername" (use the quotes)

Then ban them from being able to rejoin using:
sv_ban "playername" (use the quotes)

When you are ready to unban the player use:
sv_unban "playername"

To activate the console edit the path to your HALO game:
Right-Click the Shortcut to the game
Select Properties
Edit the Target line by adding -console to the end:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -console

To access the Console when inside the game:
Press ~ and then Press the [TAB] button.

I hope this helps!

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.