Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Software for managing windows (not the os)

  • Configuration
  • Switch
  • Software
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 25, 2010 8:45:20 PM

Hey all, I need a program that I can install on Win 7 that will allow me to switch/bring to front a specific window ?
Like, Ctrl+alt+# would bring up a window etc.


More about : software managing windows

February 26, 2010 5:20:11 AM

Atleast something that will click at an x/y position on the screen at the press of a button/s ?
February 26, 2010 5:07:11 PM

... If I'm reading this right, you want to use keystrokes to "click" an area on the screen?

There are ways to do it, but alas, young grasshopper, this is one answer I do not have readily available.
I've seen it down, though, it wasn't easy
Basically, it requires a bit of coding know-how. I don't know the commands (nor do I know if they'd work in Win7), but they are out there, and require knowing the positioning of cursor almost down to the pixel.
February 26, 2010 5:09:32 PM

Otherwise, judging by your initial posting, it sounds like you're looking to open programs/windows using keystrokes, which is much simpler.

Right-click any of the shortcuts you have (most likely on the desktop) and go to the properties menu (assuming you have administrative rights here). There will be a section where you can put in a "Shortcut Key" command. Go there, choose your keystrokes, and viola! Open windows without that damn cursor getting away from you!