SSG's Battles In Italy - is out

Priced at the same level at its Normandy release $50USD and 254 megs
digital download. Let's hope for a smooth bug free release. I'll get
mine shortly.
13 answers Last reply
More about battles italy
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Might want to hold off a little while as things still being put in
    place!

    I also recommend a tip from Matrix to use a Download Manager.
    StarDownloader (Matrix's free recommendation) worked fine last time
    when my download of World at War tanked).

    Interesting business, this digital shopping.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    The latest is GFI folks.

    Regimental level Sicily... I know it was real a hoot to play at Panzer
    Campaign Sicily's battalion level.

    Finally something to compare approach and research. I'd like SSG to do
    Africa next - 1940-1943 with a big campaign ;-) I'd like HPS to do
    Tunisia too!

    So many great sausage manufacturers and none the wurst ;-)
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Mike click on the Australian map on the store page and all should work
    fine. You'll go to an Aussie "store". IIRC you can record suburb,
    postcade and phone number.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Did you click "international order form"? I haven't made the
    transaction yet and it does seem that DR have changed their shop front
    in this way. I liked the old method.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Mike,

    Did you choose "Non-US" as your state? I'm not aware of any problems
    ordering from Australia, but if you have any specifics or are willing
    to e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com, I'll look into it with Digital
    River in the morning and make sure everything is working as it should.
    We've been getting orders, both download and shipment, from Australia
    as recently as earlier today so I'd be surprised if something broke
    just this evening.

    Regards,

    - Erik
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Adam,

    Good point - Mike, did you click on the "International Order Form" link
    when ordering?

    Regards,

    - Erik
  7. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Mike,

    If you drop me an e-mail at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order
    number, I can get DR to check into this and find out what the problem
    is. As other orders have gone through to Australia without a problem
    and are going through today I have to assume it's either something
    specific to your payment info or something that they just "broke"
    today. Either way I'd be happy to resolve it together with you if you
    have a moment.

    Regards,

    - Erik
  8. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    "Adam Parker" <joadpar@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > The latest is GFI folks.
    >
    > Regimental level Sicily... I know it was real a hoot to play at Panzer
    > Campaign Sicily's battalion level.
    >
    > Finally something to compare approach and research. I'd like SSG to do
    > Africa next - 1940-1943 with a big campaign ;-) I'd like HPS to do
    > Tunisia too!
    >
    > So many great sausage manufacturers and none the wurst ;-)

    Nope, only one sausage maker, but nice bait. You've obviously trolled
    before ;-)
  9. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    "Adam Parker" <joadpar@bigpond.com> wrote in message
    > The latest is GFI folks.
    >
    > Regimental level Sicily... I know it was real a hoot to play at Panzer
    > Campaign Sicily's battalion level.
    >
    > Finally something to compare approach and research. I'd like SSG to do
    > Africa next - 1940-1943 with a big campaign ;-) I'd like HPS to do
    > Tunisia too!
    >
    > So many great sausage manufacturers and none the wurst ;-)

    Ground fault interrupt?

    I tried to buy it but got foiled in my attempt. It seems the digital river
    folks don't understand Australian address formats. "It is very important
    that the billing address you enter matches the billing address of your
    payment method" and no way to enter the state if you're not in America.
    Sheesh.

    Impulse passed, for the moment anyway.

    Regards,
    Mike Kreuzer
    www.mikekreuzer.com
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    > Mike click on the Australian map on the store page and all should work
    > fine. You'll go to an Aussie "store". IIRC you can record suburb,
    > postcade and phone number.

    Nope. That's what I did last time, but I just tried again anyway now I've
    had some more tea. Didn't help. It's digital download only so I guess it
    defaults to America. Gets the currency right, but the address block wrong.
    Early days I suppose.

    Regards,
    Mike Kreuzer
    www.mikekreuzer.com
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    > Did you click "international order form"? I haven't made the
    > transaction yet and it does seem that DR have changed their shop front
    > in this way. I liked the old method.

    Still no dice. I can only think it's the missing state that's the problem
    as there's nowhere to add that on the international form either, but that's
    just a guess. Could be something else. There's a phone number but that's
    an international call. I might leave it for today.

    Regards,
    Mike Kreuzer
    www.mikekreuzer.com
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    "ERutins" <erikr@matrixgames.com> wrote in message
    > Mike,
    >
    > If you drop me an e-mail at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order
    > number, I can get DR to check into this and find out what the problem
    > is. As other orders have gone through to Australia without a problem
    > and are going through today I have to assume it's either something
    > specific to your payment info or something that they just "broke"
    > today. Either way I'd be happy to resolve it together with you if you
    > have a moment.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > - Erik

    Could well be me, have e mailed you the details.

    Regards,
    Mike Kreuzer
    www.mikekreuzer.com
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    "Mike Kreuzer" <mikekreuzer@SAMEAGAIN.com> wrote in message
    > "ERutins" <erikr@matrixgames.com> wrote in message
    >> Mike,
    >>
    >> If you drop me an e-mail at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order
    >> number, I can get DR to check into this and find out what the problem
    >> is. As other orders have gone through to Australia without a problem
    >> and are going through today I have to assume it's either something
    >> specific to your payment info or something that they just "broke"
    >> today. Either way I'd be happy to resolve it together with you if you
    >> have a moment.

    Prob. fixed quickly & w/o fuss. Thank yous to Matrix! Downloading now.

    Regards,
    Mike Kreuzer
    www.mikekreuzer.com

PC gaming Games IBM Video Games