Sign in with
Your question
Closed

College wifi locked p2p sharing

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 28, 2013 9:53:03 AM

I am a medical student and I use my college wifi to download torrent files via utorrent. Earlier they have blocked torrent sites, So... I use to download the torrent address via my 3G Dongle and then open it in the utorrent to download the whole file ( 4 GB or 8 GB size). The WiFi provides about 1-2 Mbps speed and the files ude to download very easily . But, now along with the blocked site , ... the utorrent is not catching speed. I THINK THEY HAVE COMPLETELY BLOCKED P2P SHARING !!!!...... Please help, is there any way to hack this ??????!!!!

Best solution

February 28, 2013 7:41:00 PM

Discussion of gaining unauthorized access is not allowed here.
February 28, 2013 7:58:17 PM

They own the network. If they want to block illegal activity, which can get them sued for millions of dollars, it is their prerogative. Please read the forum rules, which forbid questions about getting around other people's security.

I think that you had better pay attention in Medical Ethics class - you seem to be unaware of basic ethics. Complaining that you are being blocked from illegal behavior is not a good way to get the confidence of your patients.
Score
Related resources
February 28, 2013 7:58:29 PM

This topic has been closed by WyomingKnott
Score
February 28, 2013 7:59:45 PM

Best answer selected by WyomingKnott.
Score
!