Battles in Italy - screenshots

Hi,

Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

--
"Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam."
(Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')

Nice. But I still hate that grainy look.

KISS

Eddy Sterckx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also
>
> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=

They didn't change a thing in the Anzio map following my comments, did
they ?

Well, I've just begun working on an Anzio scenario for TOAW-ACoW: I
strongly feel *my* map will be better ;)

BTW, I need the complete aerial OOBs for the battle at Anzio, I have
collected some data, but I still lack exaustive numbers and types of
aircrafts for both sides: could someone help me ?

Regards,

--------------------
Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it
--------------------

Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote in news:3fk2goF88hhlU1
@individual.net:

> Eddy Sterckx wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also
>>
>> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=
>
> They didn't change a thing in the Anzio map following my comments, did
> they ?

Don't know really - these screenshots are almost a month old.

> Well, I've just begun working on an Anzio scenario for TOAW-ACoW: I
> strongly feel *my* map will be better ;)

Awaiting screenshots to prove this bold claim :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

--

Eddy Sterckx wrote:

> Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote in news:3fk2goF88hhlU1
> @individual.net:
>
>>They didn't change a thing in the Anzio map following my comments, did
>>they ?
>
> Don't know really - these screenshots are almost a month old.

I see... I'll patiently wait for the final ones then :)

>>Well, I've just begun working on an Anzio scenario for TOAW-ACoW: I
>>strongly feel *my* map will be better ;)
>
> Awaiting screenshots to prove this bold claim :)

Here you are buddy (one hex = 2.5 Km):
http://www.lucamorandini.it/anzio/map-0.0.20.png

Mind, this is a preliminary one !

Regards,

--------------------
Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it
--------------------

Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote in news:3fk4tsF86tr3U1
@individual.net:

> http://www.lucamorandini.it/anzio/map-0.0.20.png

GIS software developer ! - no guesses where this "the map must be
accurate" obsession comes from :)

btw nice screenshot - especially appreciate the fact the timestamp
indicates it was taken after I asked for it - talk about a fresh screenshot
:)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

--

Eddy Sterckx wrote:

> GIS software developer ! - no guesses where this "the map must be
> accurate" obsession comes from :)

;)

> btw nice screenshot

Thanks, but I tended to recreate a good map for a simulation, not just a
precise pne:

1) Area west of Aprilia is made up of "bocage" hexes, which wasn't the
case (light woods with ravines instead)... but it was a difficult
terrain, and the closest thing to it in TOAW is, you guess, "bocage".

2) Some villages were so small I just put their names on the map, not a
"built-up" hex, which would have been bad for the game.

3) Most of the terrain is flat cropland, as it was, but I put the
weather to "heavy precipitation" in order to make it muddy.

4) The pivotal role of Aprilia and Cisterna is now apparent: they
command the objectives of Shingle: National Route 7 and National Route 6
(the black line across Valmontone up North).

5) You may notice the airfield East of Nettuno: some P-40s were
stationed there after the engineers re-activated the old artillery
school airstrip.

6) I have added way too anchorages hexes, but some of them were
makeshift ones and TOAW doesn't differentiate between "light" and
"heavy" anchorages.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it