Battles in Italy - screenshots

Hi,

Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

--
"Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam."
(Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')

    Nice. But I still hate that grainy look.

    KISS

    "Eddy Sterckx" <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also
    >
    > http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=
    >
    > Greetz,
    >
    > Eddy Sterckx
    >

    > --
    > "Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam."
    > (Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')
  2. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Eddy Sterckx wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also
    >
    > http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=

    They didn't change a thing in the Anzio map following my comments, did
    they ?

    Well, I've just begun working on an Anzio scenario for TOAW-ACoW: I
    strongly feel *my* map will be better ;)

    BTW, I need the complete aerial OOBs for the battle at Anzio, I have
    collected some data, but I still lack exaustive numbers and types of
    aircrafts for both sides: could someone help me ?

    Regards,

    --------------------
    Luca Morandini
    www.lucamorandini.it
    --------------------
  3. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote in news:3fk2goF88hhlU1
    @individual.net:

    > Eddy Sterckx wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Downloaded these too - might as well put them up also
    >>
    >> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4124492&a=31770257&f=
    >
    > They didn't change a thing in the Anzio map following my comments, did
    > they ?

    Don't know really - these screenshots are almost a month old.

    > Well, I've just begun working on an Anzio scenario for TOAW-ACoW: I
    > strongly feel *my* map will be better ;)

    Awaiting screenshots to prove this bold claim :)

    Greetz,

    Eddy Sterckx

    --
    "Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam."
    (Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')
  4. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Eddy Sterckx wrote:

    > Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote in news:3fk2goF88hhlU1
    > @individual.net:
    >
    >>They didn't change a thing in the Anzio map following my comments, did
    >>they ?
    >
    > Don't know really - these screenshots are almost a month old.

    I see... I'll patiently wait for the final ones then :)

    >>Well, I've just begun working on an Anzio scenario for TOAW-ACoW: I
    >>strongly feel *my* map will be better ;)
    >
    > Awaiting screenshots to prove this bold claim :)

    Here you are buddy (one hex = 2.5 Km):
    http://www.lucamorandini.it/anzio/map-0.0.20.png

    Mind, this is a preliminary one !

    Regards,

    --------------------
    Luca Morandini
    www.lucamorandini.it
    --------------------
  5. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Luca Morandini <lmorandini@ieee.org> wrote in news:3fk4tsF86tr3U1
    @individual.net:

    > http://www.lucamorandini.it/anzio/map-0.0.20.png

    GIS software developer ! - no guesses where this "the map must be
    accurate" obsession comes from :)

    btw nice screenshot - especially appreciate the fact the timestamp
    indicates it was taken after I asked for it - talk about a fresh screenshot
    :)

    Greetz,

    Eddy Sterckx

    --
    "Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam."
    (Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')
  6. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?)

    Eddy Sterckx wrote:

    > GIS software developer ! - no guesses where this "the map must be
    > accurate" obsession comes from :)

    ;)

    > btw nice screenshot

    Thanks, but I tended to recreate a good map for a simulation, not just a
    precise pne:

    1) Area west of Aprilia is made up of "bocage" hexes, which wasn't the
    case (light woods with ravines instead)... but it was a difficult
    terrain, and the closest thing to it in TOAW is, you guess, "bocage".

    2) Some villages were so small I just put their names on the map, not a
    "built-up" hex, which would have been bad for the game.

    3) Most of the terrain is flat cropland, as it was, but I put the
    weather to "heavy precipitation" in order to make it muddy.

    4) The pivotal role of Aprilia and Cisterna is now apparent: they
    command the objectives of Shingle: National Route 7 and National Route 6
    (the black line across Valmontone up North).

    5) You may notice the airfield East of Nettuno: some P-40s were
    stationed there after the engineers re-activated the old artillery
    school airstrip.

    6) I have added way too anchorages hexes, but some of them were
    makeshift ones and TOAW doesn't differentiate between "light" and
    "heavy" anchorages.

    Regards,

    Luca Morandini
    www.lucamorandini.it