Palm Tungsten T Screen not responding can anything be done?

June 29, 2004 1:32:42 AM

Hi all,

Over a period of a few months the screen on my TT has become less and less
responsive once turned on, particularly at the top edge and bottom edge of
the screen. I have tried updating to the latest OS updates for the TT and
this evening I tried a soft reset, so far nothing has worked. Is this a
known problem with the TT? If so is there any recommended cure other than
forking out more cash to upgrade the TT?

TIA,

Ray
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 11:13:16 AM

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:32:42 +0000 (UTC), "Ray Harper"
<Ray.Harper@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Over a period of a few months the screen on my TT has become less and less
>responsive once turned on, particularly at the top edge and bottom edge of
>the screen. I have tried updating to the latest OS updates for the TT and
>this evening I tried a soft reset, so far nothing has worked. Is this a
>known problem with the TT? If so is there any recommended cure other than
>forking out more cash to upgrade the TT?

I've had a problem from day one with my TT, it misses about 1 out of 6
taps. I exchanged it several times but they all had the same problem.

Mike Pawka eznoh@niceup.com RAW #94
Jammin Reggae Archives Cybrarian niceup.com
Jammin Reggae Virtual Radio Cyber-DJ reggaeradio.org
Nice Up Enterprises FAX/PH: 619-226-6108
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 2:32:43 PM

In article news:<cbq2pq$l4l$1@hercules.btinternet.com>, Ray Harper
wrote:
> Over a period of a few months the screen on my TT has become
> less and less responsive once turned on, ...
[snip]
> Is this a known problem with the TT? If so is there any
> recommended cure other than forking out more cash to upgrade
> the TT?

The digitizer on my T|T packed up altogether. Palm tech support told
me to try a hard reset, and after that I couldn't get past the screen
calibration stage of the initial power-up (obviously).

I unded up sending it back to Palm for repair under warranty (it was
about 8 months old at the time).

Sent it to Telford and got it back (the same unit, not a replacement)
from somewhere in the Czech republic!

The Palm website has a page that lets you register a device for a
return for repair (whether under warranty or not). It didn't work for
me - I had to EMail them, you may have more luck.

Cheers,
Daniel.
!