Sprint Vision Data Service

Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!

Bubba De Bub
17 answers Last reply
More about sprint vision data service

    Bubba DeBub wrote:

    > Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
    > providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!

    Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
    your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
    and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.

    Legally, that is.

    Notan

    Notan wrote:

    >>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
    >>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
    >
    > Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
    > your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
    > and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.

    And the $10 per month doesn't give you the download credits; the $15/month
    package does. Of course, if you don't need the download credits you can pay the
    lower price. But the higher price does give you $10/month in download credits,
    bringing your net cost to $5 per month if you download more than one or two
    things every month. :)

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    What are the "things" that you would download?

    Bubba

    Bubba DeBub wrote:
    > What are the "things" that you would download?

    Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month in
    credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and games.
    However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download anything in
    a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you download a single game
    costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02 doesn't carry over, etc. And you
    can't ask Sprint to apply the unused balance to your account balance - it can
    only be used for content downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from
    Sprint, or you only purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no
    download credits is probably a better deal.

    > Bubba
    >
    > "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message

    >>>Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
    >>>your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
    >>>and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.
    >>
    >>And the $10 per month doesn't give you the download credits; the $15/month
    >>package does. Of course, if you don't need the download credits you can
    >>pay the lower price. But the higher price does give you $10/month in
    >>download credits, bringing your net cost to $5 per month if you download
    >>more than one or two things every month. :)

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    Steve,

    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I never download any of that stuff
    anyway so I am good with the $10 per month Vision.

    Regards,

    Bubba De Bub

    "Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote in message
    > What are the "things" that you would download?
    >
    > Bubba

    Porn, porn porn porn porn ;-)

    Although there is a way to connect your laptop to the Internet it is
    not through your phone as a modem. Yes it does cost more.

    Jerome Zelinske wrote:

    > Although there is a way to connect your laptop to the Internet it is
    > not through your phone as a modem. Yes it does cost more.

    I assume you're talking about a Connection Card.

    Yes?

    Notan
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Really? That was not the way I understood it to work. The $15 plans
    get you the $5 or $10 DL credit, but I thought your bill was always $15
    or more.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Jerome Zelinske wrote:
    > Really? That was not the way I understood it to work. The $15
    > plans get you the $5 or $10 DL credit, but I thought your bill was
    > always $15 or more.

    Your bill with the $15 unlimited Vision plan is always $15. The $10 credit is
    applied to content purchases from Sprint and if you don't make those purchase
    in a given month, you lose the opportunity to use the $10 credit that month.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
    <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:

    >Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
    >providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!

    Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
    have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
    world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
    trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
    Sahara Desert.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message news:691o511o4adllrd9e1132pducsj6nvcfc9@4ax.com...
    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
    > <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
    >>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
    >
    > Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
    > have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
    > world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
    > trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
    > Sahara Desert.

    Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?
    I doubt that there is all that much difference between Verizon's
    and Sprint's data coverage areas. In some places, Verizon's is
    better, in other places SprintPCS's coverage is better.

    --
    John Richards
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    That is very true. I work for a company that did a cross-country test of
    Sprint and Verizon voice and data services. Everyone thought that Sprint
    would loose. It was a draw. There is no such thing as "the best network". If
    you believe that, I hope that the Easter Bunny was good to you!

    The best network is the one that works where you live, work and travel. That
    could be Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, or T-Mobile.

    Can you hear me now? :-)

    Bubba DeBub

    "John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
    > "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
    >> <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
    >>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
    >>
    >> Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
    >> have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
    >> world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
    >> trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
    >> Sahara Desert.
    >
    > Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?
    > I doubt that there is all that much difference between Verizon's
    > and Sprint's data coverage areas. In some places, Verizon's is
    > better, in other places SprintPCS's coverage is better.
    >
    > --
    > John Richards
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    John... that was the point of my post. ;-)

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:21:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
    <BubbaDeBub@rRideUmCowboy.com> wrote:

    >That is very true. I work for a company that did a cross-country test of
    >Sprint and Verizon voice and data services. Everyone thought that Sprint
    >would loose. It was a draw. There is no such thing as "the best network". If
    >you believe that, I hope that the Easter Bunny was good to you!
    >
    >The best network is the one that works where you live, work and travel. That
    >could be Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, or T-Mobile.
    >
    >Can you hear me now? :-)
    >
    >Bubba DeBub
    >

    >"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
    >> "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
    >>> have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
    >>> world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
    >>> trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
    >>> Sahara Desert.
    >>
    >> Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?
    >> I doubt that there is all that much difference between Verizon's
    >> and Sprint's data coverage areas. In some places, Verizon's is
    >> better, in other places SprintPCS's coverage is better.
    >>
    >> --
    >> John Richards

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    John Richards wrote:

    > Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?

    I doubt it. The Sahara is in Africa. However, I'm in the middle of the Mojave
    Desert and both Sprint and Verizon operate networks here. :)

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:50:32 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    wrote:

    >Bubba DeBub wrote:
    >> What are the "things" that you would download?
    >
    >Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month in
    >credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and games.
    >However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download anything in
    >a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you download a single game
    >costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02 doesn't carry over, etc. And you
    >can't ask Sprint to apply the unused balance to your account balance - it can
    >only be used for content downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from
    >Sprint, or you only purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no
    >download credits is probably a better deal.

    I've had the $15/month package for about 5 months so far. The sales
    people never explained the download credit portion of this to me...I
    was only interested in the unlimited portion.

    So, can you tell me simply, is this $10 credit automatic, or is there
    some action I have to take to be reimbursed? It would be nice to
    download a game or two at times, but I'm not interested enough if
    there is additional action on my part (yeah, I'm lazy that way).

    What's the simply story, if you don't mind?
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    John Yossarian wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:50:32 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Bubba DeBub wrote:
    >>
    >>>What are the "things" that you would download?
    >>
    >>Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month in
    >>credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and games.
    >>However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download anything in
    >>a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you download a single game
    >>costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02 doesn't carry over, etc. And you
    >>can't ask Sprint to apply the unused balance to your account balance - it can
    >>only be used for content downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from
    >>Sprint, or you only purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no
    >>download credits is probably a better deal.
    >

    > I've had the $15/month package for about 5 months so far. The sales
    > people never explained the download credit portion of this to me...I
    > was only interested in the unlimited portion.
    >
    > So, can you tell me simply, is this $10 credit automatic, or is there
    > some action I have to take to be reimbursed? It would be nice to
    > download a game or two at times, but I'm not interested enough if
    > there is additional action on my part (yeah, I'm lazy that way).
    >
    > What's the simply story, if you don't mind?

    Yes, it's automatic. You either have a $5 or $10 credit, depending on
    your Vision plan. I think the Picture plan has a $5 credit.

    You just download the stuff from their website, and they automatically
    apply the credit.

    In eight months, I never found a single thing worth downloading for free
    -- much less for actual money, so I switched to the $10 plan, with no
    download credit.

Sprint PCS Performance Internet Service Providers Product