Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sprint Vision Data Service

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 4:32:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!

Bubba De Bub
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 5:59:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bubba DeBub wrote:
>
> Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
> providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!

Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.

Legally, that is.

Notan
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 7:39:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Notan wrote:

>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>
> Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
> your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
> and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.

And the $10 per month doesn't give you the download credits; the $15/month
package does. Of course, if you don't need the download credits you can pay the
lower price. But the higher price does give you $10/month in download credits,
bringing your net cost to $5 per month if you download more than one or two
things every month. :) 

--
JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Related resources
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 8:46:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

What are the "things" that you would download?

Bubba

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:D 3eu6e$vbc$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> Notan wrote:
>
>>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>>
>> Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
>> your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
>> and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.
>
> And the $10 per month doesn't give you the download credits; the $15/month
> package does. Of course, if you don't need the download credits you can
> pay the lower price. But the higher price does give you $10/month in
> download credits, bringing your net cost to $5 per month if you download
> more than one or two things every month. :) 
>
> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>
> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 8:50:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bubba DeBub wrote:
> What are the "things" that you would download?

Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month in
credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and games.
However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download anything in
a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you download a single game
costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02 doesn't carry over, etc. And you
can't ask Sprint to apply the unused balance to your account balance - it can
only be used for content downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from
Sprint, or you only purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no
download credits is probably a better deal.

>
> Bubba
>
> "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> news:D 3eu6e$vbc$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
>
>>Notan wrote:
>>
>>
>>>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>>>
>>>Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
>>>your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
>>>and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.
>>
>>And the $10 per month doesn't give you the download credits; the $15/month
>>package does. Of course, if you don't need the download credits you can
>>pay the lower price. But the higher price does give you $10/month in
>>download credits, bringing your net cost to $5 per month if you download
>>more than one or two things every month. :) 


--
JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
April 11, 2005 9:13:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Steve,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I never download any of that stuff
anyway so I am good with the $10 per month Vision.

Regards,

Bubba De Bub

"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
news:D 3f2bd$bn$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
> Bubba DeBub wrote:
>> What are the "things" that you would download?
>
> Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month
> in credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and
> games. However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download
> anything in a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you
> download a single game costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02
> doesn't carry over, etc. And you can't ask Sprint to apply the unused
> balance to your account balance - it can only be used for content
> downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from Sprint, or you only
> purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no download credits is
> probably a better deal.
>
>>
>> Bubba
>>
>> "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
>> news:D 3eu6e$vbc$1@ratbert.glorb.com...
>>
>>>Notan wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>>>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>>>>
>>>>Just to clarify, the $10 per month is for connections using *only*
>>>>your phone. If you want to connect to the Internet with a laptop,
>>>>and use your phone as a modem, it'll cost quite a bit more.
>>>
>>>And the $10 per month doesn't give you the download credits; the
>>>$15/month package does. Of course, if you don't need the download credits
>>>you can pay the lower price. But the higher price does give you $10/month
>>>in download credits, bringing your net cost to $5 per month if you
>>>download more than one or two things every month. :) 
>
>
> --
> JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
> Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
>
> "The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
> --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:14:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote in message
news:6%D6e.6308$%c1.1925@fed1read05...
> What are the "things" that you would download?
>
> Bubba

Porn, porn porn porn porn ;-)
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:55:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Although there is a way to connect your laptop to the Internet it is
not through your phone as a modem. Yes it does cost more.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 4:55:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
>
> Although there is a way to connect your laptop to the Internet it is
> not through your phone as a modem. Yes it does cost more.

I assume you're talking about a Connection Card.

Yes?

Notan
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:00:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Really? That was not the way I understood it to work. The $15 plans
get you the $5 or $10 DL credit, but I thought your bill was always $15
or more.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:00:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Jerome Zelinske wrote:
> Really? That was not the way I understood it to work. The $15
> plans get you the $5 or $10 DL credit, but I thought your bill was
> always $15 or more.

Your bill with the $15 unlimited Vision plan is always $15. The $10 credit is
applied to content purchases from Sprint and if you don't make those purchase
in a given month, you lose the opportunity to use the $10 credit that month.


--
JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 5:31:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
<BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:

>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!

Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
Sahara Desert.
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:36:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message news:691o511o4adllrd9e1132pducsj6nvcfc9@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
> <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:
>
>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>
> Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
> have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
> world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
> trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
> Sahara Desert.

Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?
I doubt that there is all that much difference between Verizon's
and Sprint's data coverage areas. In some places, Verizon's is
better, in other places SprintPCS's coverage is better.

--
John Richards
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:36:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

That is very true. I work for a company that did a cross-country test of
Sprint and Verizon voice and data services. Everyone thought that Sprint
would loose. It was a draw. There is no such thing as "the best network". If
you believe that, I hope that the Easter Bunny was good to you!

The best network is the one that works where you live, work and travel. That
could be Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, or T-Mobile.

Can you hear me now? :-)

Bubba DeBub


"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
news:EyU6e.342$HK6.40@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
> "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message
> news:691o511o4adllrd9e1132pducsj6nvcfc9@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
>> <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>>
>> Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
>> have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
>> world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
>> trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
>> Sahara Desert.
>
> Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?
> I doubt that there is all that much difference between Verizon's
> and Sprint's data coverage areas. In some places, Verizon's is
> better, in other places SprintPCS's coverage is better.
>
> --
> John Richards
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:36:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John... that was the point of my post. ;-)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:21:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
<BubbaDeBub@rRideUmCowboy.com> wrote:

>That is very true. I work for a company that did a cross-country test of
>Sprint and Verizon voice and data services. Everyone thought that Sprint
>would loose. It was a draw. There is no such thing as "the best network". If
>you believe that, I hope that the Easter Bunny was good to you!
>
>The best network is the one that works where you live, work and travel. That
>could be Verizon, Sprint, Cingular, or T-Mobile.
>
>Can you hear me now? :-)
>
>Bubba DeBub
>
>
>"John Richards" <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote in message
>news:EyU6e.342$HK6.40@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...
>> "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:691o511o4adllrd9e1132pducsj6nvcfc9@4ax.com...
>>> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:32:52 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
>>> <BubbaDeBub@yeehaw.redneck.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Sprint Vision data service for $10/month rules!! All other cellular
>>>>providers drool in comparison to the cost and performance!!!
>>>
>>> Please. I'd rather pay $49.99 per month with Verizon Wireless like I
>>> have (for the moment) because they have "the best network in the
>>> world." As they say, your $10 Sprint plan won't help you if you're
>>> trying to use your phone to download ringers in the middle of the
>>> Sahara Desert.
>>
>> Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?
>> I doubt that there is all that much difference between Verizon's
>> and Sprint's data coverage areas. In some places, Verizon's is
>> better, in other places SprintPCS's coverage is better.
>>
>> --
>> John Richards
>
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 2:13:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John Richards wrote:

> Uh, Verizon has data service in the middle of the Sahara Desert?

I doubt it. The Sahara is in Africa. However, I'm in the middle of the Mojave
Desert and both Sprint and Verizon operate networks here. :) 

--
JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA - http://JustThe.net/ - 888.480.4NET (4638)
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free"
--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 10:42:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:50:32 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
wrote:

>Bubba DeBub wrote:
>> What are the "things" that you would download?
>
>Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month in
>credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and games.
>However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download anything in
>a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you download a single game
>costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02 doesn't carry over, etc. And you
>can't ask Sprint to apply the unused balance to your account balance - it can
>only be used for content downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from
>Sprint, or you only purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no
>download credits is probably a better deal.

I've had the $15/month package for about 5 months so far. The sales
people never explained the download credit portion of this to me...I
was only interested in the unlimited portion.

So, can you tell me simply, is this $10 credit automatic, or is there
some action I have to take to be reimbursed? It would be nice to
download a game or two at times, but I'm not interested enough if
there is additional action on my part (yeah, I'm lazy that way).

What's the simply story, if you don't mind?
Anonymous
April 14, 2005 8:29:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

John Yossarian wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:50:32 -0700, Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
> wrote:
>
>
>>Bubba DeBub wrote:
>>
>>>What are the "things" that you would download?
>>
>>Ringers, games, wallpaper. With the $15/month package, you get $10/month in
>>credits towards downloads of content such as wallpaper and ringers and games.
>>However, it's a case of "use it or lose it." If you don't download anything in
>>a given month, the $10 credit doesn't carry over. If you download a single game
>>costing $4.98 one month, the remaining $5.02 doesn't carry over, etc. And you
>>can't ask Sprint to apply the unused balance to your account balance - it can
>>only be used for content downloads. So if you don't ever purchase content from
>>Sprint, or you only purchase content occasionally, the $10/month with no
>>download credits is probably a better deal.
>
>
> I've had the $15/month package for about 5 months so far. The sales
> people never explained the download credit portion of this to me...I
> was only interested in the unlimited portion.
>
> So, can you tell me simply, is this $10 credit automatic, or is there
> some action I have to take to be reimbursed? It would be nice to
> download a game or two at times, but I'm not interested enough if
> there is additional action on my part (yeah, I'm lazy that way).
>
> What's the simply story, if you don't mind?

Yes, it's automatic. You either have a $5 or $10 credit, depending on
your Vision plan. I think the Picture plan has a $5 credit.

You just download the stuff from their website, and they automatically
apply the credit.

In eight months, I never found a single thing worth downloading for free
-- much less for actual money, so I switched to the $10 plan, with no
download credit.
!