Can SOMEBODY explain Sprint plans?

I just called up a Sprint store. I also went online. There are two
kinds of plans - Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible. I asked for the
difference. They told me that there is none except that the Free &
Flexible allows you to pay only $5 per every 100 minutes over your
plan. With the Free & Clear, you pay a lot more.

OK. Gotcha so far. So what would I get with Free & Clear that I don't
get with Fair & Flexible? I was told by the salesperson and her boss
"nothing, that is why 98% go with the Fair & Flexible."

Wait, not so fast. I asked him the same question I asked the junior
salesperson. Why would anyone ever go for the Clear if the Flexible is
the exact same but with better features if you go over your minutes?
He answers "some people don't go over their minutes and don't need
them." This is like an Abbot and Costello comedy. I tried to explain
yet again - why would anyone choose a plan that might cost them more
if it doesn't cost them anything to get a plan that will reduce the
amount of money it costs if they happen to go over their minutes?
After all, if it doesn't cost them anything, why agree to go with the
same plan except agree to pay more if you go over your alotted time?

Pause. He says "If you were offered last year's Lexus or this year's
brand new Lexus, you'd probably take the brand new Lexus and that's
why 98% of our customers choose the Fair & Flexible." I'm about to
have a cow. I asked him who the 2% might be who would choose an old
used car when the same money would get them a brand new one? He said
"well, that's the choice we give people to allow them the opportunity
to choose and the Free & Clear plan is the older plan that we will be
phasing out." So I asked the obvious follow up question... "Given that
both plans cost the same money... why bother even offering the Free &
Clear plan which isn't as good for your customers?"

Stupid question. He answers that many people are on the old plan so
they give customers the option to choose whichever plan they prefer.

Could this get any dumber? So who is to blame for this... the
salespeople in the store or the marketing genuises at Sprint?
25 answers Last reply
More about explain sprint plans

    JSOUL dot com wrote:
    > I just called up a Sprint store. I also went online. There are two
    > kinds of plans - Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible. I asked for the
    > difference. They told me that there is none except that the Free &
    > Flexible allows you to pay only $5 per every 100 minutes over your
    > plan. With the Free & Clear, you pay a lot more.
    >
    > OK. Gotcha so far. So what would I get with Free & Clear that I don't
    > get with Fair & Flexible? I was told by the salesperson and her boss
    > "nothing, that is why 98% go with the Fair & Flexible."

    Well, here's the thing. They're almost identical. But if you go over by only a
    couple minutes in any given month, you still pay the $5 on F&F. Not so on F&C.

    > Pause. He says "If you were offered last year's Lexus or this year's
    > brand new Lexus, you'd probably take the brand new Lexus and that's
    > why 98% of our customers choose the Fair & Flexible."

    Wow, that was stupid. :D

    If you go over on a regular basis and the amount of minutes you go over varies
    widely, you're best off using F&F. If you never go over, you're probably best
    off using F&C if the plans are cheaper (I forget if they are or not).

    > Could this get any dumber? So who is to blame for this... the
    > salespeople in the store or the marketing genuises at Sprint?

    Your sales rep was a flaming moron. Did my explanation help at all?

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message
    > I just called up a Sprint store. I also went online. There are two
    > kinds of plans - Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible. I asked for the
    > difference. They told me that there is none except that the Free &
    > Flexible allows you to pay only $5 per every 100 minutes over your
    > plan. With the Free & Clear, you pay a lot more.
    >
    > OK. Gotcha so far. So what would I get with Free & Clear that I don't
    > get with Fair & Flexible? I was told by the salesperson and her boss
    > "nothing, that is why 98% go with the Fair & Flexible."
    >
    > Wait, not so fast. I asked him the same question I asked the junior
    > salesperson. Why would anyone ever go for the Clear if the Flexible is
    > the exact same but with better features if you go over your minutes?
    > He answers "some people don't go over their minutes and don't need
    > them." This is like an Abbot and Costello comedy. I tried to explain
    > yet again - why would anyone choose a plan that might cost them more
    > if it doesn't cost them anything to get a plan that will reduce the
    > amount of money it costs if they happen to go over their minutes?
    > After all, if it doesn't cost them anything, why agree to go with the
    > same plan except agree to pay more if you go over your alotted time?
    >
    > Pause. He says "If you were offered last year's Lexus or this year's
    > brand new Lexus, you'd probably take the brand new Lexus and that's
    > why 98% of our customers choose the Fair & Flexible." I'm about to
    > have a cow. I asked him who the 2% might be who would choose an old
    > used car when the same money would get them a brand new one? He said
    > "well, that's the choice we give people to allow them the opportunity
    > to choose and the Free & Clear plan is the older plan that we will be
    > phasing out." So I asked the obvious follow up question... "Given that
    > both plans cost the same money... why bother even offering the Free &
    > Clear plan which isn't as good for your customers?"
    >
    > Stupid question. He answers that many people are on the old plan so
    > they give customers the option to choose whichever plan they prefer.
    >
    > Could this get any dumber? So who is to blame for this... the
    > salespeople in the store or the marketing genuises at Sprint?

    The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!. Did you even take
    the time to look over the pricing differences between F & F and F & C? No
    plan is right for everyone ... and SPCS offers different levels of plans per
    what the individual or families needs. F & F plans require a 2 year
    commitment. F & C plans require a 1 year commitment.

    You made no mention what your needs, in terms of minutes are. Let's say you
    need 700 minutes. With F & F, the cost would be $50 plus whatever other
    options you wanted, plus T & S. In a F & C, the cost would be $50/mo, plus
    options plus T & S for 600 minutes. If you find 700 AT minutes aren't
    enough, you can get a F & C plan for $65 for 1100/mo. minutes. If you found
    you needed 1100 AT minutes on the F & F plan, the cost would move up to $70.
    These are SPCS corporate coverage area rates I'm listing here.

    It's too bad that the salesmen did not tell you of the differences. It's
    also too bad that you didn't read the differences yourself, either at the
    store or from their website.

    Bob

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!

    No, it isn't.

    He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds like the
    salesrep was a total goober.

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:51:08 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >"JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I just called up a Sprint store. I also went online. There are two
    >> kinds of plans - Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible. I asked for the
    >> difference. They told me that there is none except that the Free &
    >> Flexible allows you to pay only $5 per every 100 minutes over your
    >> plan. With the Free & Clear, you pay a lot more.
    >>
    >> OK. Gotcha so far. So what would I get with Free & Clear that I don't
    >> get with Fair & Flexible? I was told by the salesperson and her boss
    >> "nothing, that is why 98% go with the Fair & Flexible."
    >>
    >> Wait, not so fast. I asked him the same question I asked the junior
    >> salesperson. Why would anyone ever go for the Clear if the Flexible is
    >> the exact same but with better features if you go over your minutes?
    >> He answers "some people don't go over their minutes and don't need
    >> them." This is like an Abbot and Costello comedy. I tried to explain
    >> yet again - why would anyone choose a plan that might cost them more
    >> if it doesn't cost them anything to get a plan that will reduce the
    >> amount of money it costs if they happen to go over their minutes?
    >> After all, if it doesn't cost them anything, why agree to go with the
    >> same plan except agree to pay more if you go over your alotted time?
    >>
    >> Pause. He says "If you were offered last year's Lexus or this year's
    >> brand new Lexus, you'd probably take the brand new Lexus and that's
    >> why 98% of our customers choose the Fair & Flexible." I'm about to
    >> have a cow. I asked him who the 2% might be who would choose an old
    >> used car when the same money would get them a brand new one? He said
    >> "well, that's the choice we give people to allow them the opportunity
    >> to choose and the Free & Clear plan is the older plan that we will be
    >> phasing out." So I asked the obvious follow up question... "Given that
    >> both plans cost the same money... why bother even offering the Free &
    >> Clear plan which isn't as good for your customers?"
    >>
    >> Stupid question. He answers that many people are on the old plan so
    >> they give customers the option to choose whichever plan they prefer.
    >>
    >> Could this get any dumber? So who is to blame for this... the
    >> salespeople in the store or the marketing genuises at Sprint?
    >
    >The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!. Did you even take
    >the time to look over the pricing differences between F & F and F & C? No
    >plan is right for everyone ... and SPCS offers different levels of plans per
    >what the individual or families needs. F & F plans require a 2 year
    >commitment. F & C plans require a 1 year commitment.

    Considering that I called the Sprint store to ask about the plans and
    their own representatives told me there was no difference (including
    the toll free number at Sprint for the third opinion), perhaps you
    should cut the newcomer some slack here. Unfortunately it's not clear
    at all.

    >You made no mention what your needs, in terms of minutes are. Let's say you
    >need 700 minutes. With F & F, the cost would be $50 plus whatever other
    >options you wanted, plus T & S. In a F & C, the cost would be $50/mo, plus
    >options plus T & S for 600 minutes. If you find 700 AT minutes aren't
    >enough, you can get a F & C plan for $65 for 1100/mo. minutes. If you found
    >you needed 1100 AT minutes on the F & F plan, the cost would move up to $70.
    >These are SPCS corporate coverage area rates I'm listing here.

    Ah. OK. I see. Most of them are so hell bent on selling the F & F plan
    that they don't hear what they are saying. In fact, they shove that
    F&F plan everywhere (probably because of the 2 year commitment so they
    can convince it's a way better plan and worth it to make the
    commitment.)

    >It's too bad that the salesmen did not tell you of the differences. It's
    >also too bad that you didn't read the differences yourself, either at the
    >store or from their website.

    Nothing is written clearly. There is so much F & F and no real
    comparison it's hard to tell. Considering that someone tells you that
    98% opt for F & F and that the F & C is the "old" plan it's difficult
    to perceive the difference. In fact on the web site the F & F is the
    recommended plan. You have to be incredibly well versed to know the
    subtlies. Jeez. Glad I asked HERE and not any further at any Sprint
    location...

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:51:08 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >"JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I just called up a Sprint store. I also went online. There are two
    >> kinds of plans - Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible. I asked for the
    >> difference. They told me that there is none except that the Free &
    >> Flexible allows you to pay only $5 per every 100 minutes over your
    >> plan. With the Free & Clear, you pay a lot more.
    >>
    >> OK. Gotcha so far. So what would I get with Free & Clear that I don't
    >> get with Fair & Flexible? I was told by the salesperson and her boss
    >> "nothing, that is why 98% go with the Fair & Flexible."
    >>
    >> Wait, not so fast. I asked him the same question I asked the junior
    >> salesperson. Why would anyone ever go for the Clear if the Flexible is
    >> the exact same but with better features if you go over your minutes?
    >> He answers "some people don't go over their minutes and don't need
    >> them." This is like an Abbot and Costello comedy. I tried to explain
    >> yet again - why would anyone choose a plan that might cost them more
    >> if it doesn't cost them anything to get a plan that will reduce the
    >> amount of money it costs if they happen to go over their minutes?
    >> After all, if it doesn't cost them anything, why agree to go with the
    >> same plan except agree to pay more if you go over your alotted time?
    >>
    >> Pause. He says "If you were offered last year's Lexus or this year's
    >> brand new Lexus, you'd probably take the brand new Lexus and that's
    >> why 98% of our customers choose the Fair & Flexible." I'm about to
    >> have a cow. I asked him who the 2% might be who would choose an old
    >> used car when the same money would get them a brand new one? He said
    >> "well, that's the choice we give people to allow them the opportunity
    >> to choose and the Free & Clear plan is the older plan that we will be
    >> phasing out." So I asked the obvious follow up question... "Given that
    >> both plans cost the same money... why bother even offering the Free &
    >> Clear plan which isn't as good for your customers?"
    >>
    >> Stupid question. He answers that many people are on the old plan so
    >> they give customers the option to choose whichever plan they prefer.
    >>
    >> Could this get any dumber? So who is to blame for this... the
    >> salespeople in the store or the marketing genuises at Sprint?
    >
    >The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!. Did you even take
    >the time to look over the pricing differences between F & F and F & C? No
    >plan is right for everyone ... and SPCS offers different levels of plans per
    >what the individual or families needs. F & F plans require a 2 year
    >commitment. F & C plans require a 1 year commitment.

    Looking again at the page I looked at there is no mention of a 2 year
    commitment for the F & F plan. I found that requirement on another
    page when I was browsing and realized it only because you mentioned
    it. Thanks.

    What Steve said plus. There is a third category. We are on the FFF
    Fair Flexible Family plan with three phones. I doubt we will often go
    over the 800 minutes. But the flexible is cheep enough that I am not
    worried.

    "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:d3fe7d$2tk$2@ratbert.glorb.com...
    > Bob Smith wrote:
    >
    >> The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!
    >
    > No, it isn't.
    >
    > He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds like the
    > salesrep was a total goober.

    That's a case of misplaced trust.
    I'd trust the written plans (on the website or in a SprintPCS brochure)
    much more than I'd trust the spoken word of a sales person.

    --
    John Richards

    is it possible to get the $5 'no roaming charges' on the F&F plan??
    "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    What Steve said plus. There is a third category. We are on the FFF
    Fair Flexible Family plan with three phones. I doubt we will often go
    over the 800 minutes. But the flexible is cheep enough that I am not
    worried.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > Bob Smith wrote:
    >
    > > The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!
    >
    > No, it isn't.
    >
    > He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds like
    the
    > salesrep was a total goober.

    Steve, he didn't even go to the store. He said he called the store. All the
    information was listed on the site, and he apparently knew that there were
    two sets of plans, and they are fairly easy to understand. The OP should
    have dug a little deeper in the web site, as it appears all his questions
    could be answered there.

    As for the fault, I didn't discount the sales force not telling the OP the
    differences. We don't know squat about what salesman, or the length of time
    the salesman has been out of training whether the salesman was even taught
    about the F & C plans. He could have instructed in his training to push F &
    F, as SPCS may be phasing out those other plans.

    Bob
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 04:19:58 GMT, "John Richards"
    <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote:

    >"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:d3fe7d$2tk$2@ratbert.glorb.com...
    >> Bob Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!
    >>
    >> No, it isn't.
    >>
    >> He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds like the
    >> salesrep was a total goober.
    >
    >That's a case of misplaced trust.
    >I'd trust the written plans (on the website or in a SprintPCS brochure)
    >much more than I'd trust the spoken word of a sales person.

    Even those are inconsistent unfortunately. Bless the marketing people.
    TM.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:21:49 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    >> Bob Smith wrote:
    >>
    >> > The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!
    >>
    >> No, it isn't.
    >>
    >> He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds like
    >the
    >> salesrep was a total goober.
    >
    >Steve, he didn't even go to the store. He said he called the store. All the
    >information was listed on the site, and he apparently knew that there were
    >two sets of plans, and they are fairly easy to understand. The OP should
    >have dug a little deeper in the web site, as it appears all his questions
    >could be answered there.

    Have you seen the site? The Fair and Friendly or whatever it is called
    is "the recommended" and doesn't have all the information you provided
    to me in certain areas. They have some really nice graphics but leave
    out even the small print. It's difficult to tell what the real
    difference is when you want 700 minutes and they cost the same. The
    cost is not so different either.

    >As for the fault, I didn't discount the sales force not telling the OP the
    >differences. We don't know squat about what salesman, or the length of time
    >the salesman has been out of training whether the salesman was even taught
    >about the F & C plans. He could have instructed in his training to push F &
    >F, as SPCS may be phasing out those other plans.

    Ah, so I guess actually speaking to people whose jobs it is to explain
    the difference between the plans clearly is also the fault of the
    customer. I spoke to the salesperson and the store manager.

    But wait - if they were instructed to push the F&F plan and phase out
    the other one, then maybe they were deliberately trying to push me in
    one direction regardless of logic? And I guess that's the fault of the
    customer for seeing some of the inconsistency in the message?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Steve Sobol wrote:
    > Bob Smith wrote:
    >
    >> The person to blame is .... get ready for it .... YOU!
    >

    > No, it isn't.
    >
    > He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds like
    > the salesrep was a total goober.

    That said, no salesperson no matter how skilled they may be could
    possibly explain it to someone who can't be bothered to actually look at
    the price points and see a difference.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    JSOUL dot com wrote:

    > Have you seen the site? The Fair and Friendly or whatever it is called
    > is "the recommended" and doesn't have all the information you provided
    > to me in certain areas. They have some really nice graphics but leave
    > out even the small print. It's difficult to tell what the real
    > difference is when you want 700 minutes and they cost the same. The
    > cost is not so different either.

    The cost is not so different? Wow, you can't do math!

    The basic price points might start out the same, but as you progress in
    usage, you start seeing huge differences in what your money will get
    you. For example: both Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible will get you
    300 minutes for $35, or 700 minutes for $50. However, the intermediate
    price points reap HUGE differences. $65 on F&F will get you 900
    minutes... while those same $65 will reap 1100 minutes on F&C. $80 gets
    you 1100 minutes on F&F and 1400 minutes on F&C, and so on.

    Bottom line: Free & Clear is best suited for heavy users who can
    accurately predict their monthly usage and whose calling patterns are
    very consistent from one month to the next. If you can do this, you can
    save anywhere from $5 to $20 a month by selecting the appropriate F&C
    plan and sticking within its limitations instead of just letting your
    minute usage tier ride on F&F.

    However, there are segments of users whose calling patterns change
    drastically from one billing cycle to the next; this is who Fair and
    Flexible is targeted for. They will not get the same price breaks as a
    more "stable" wireless cusomer who has selected a more fixed plan, but
    at the same time, they won't be gouged in overage fees. It's a middle
    ground that is acceptable to a wireless user with erratic calling patters.

    Now, I learned ALL of this just by going to the SprintPCS website,
    punching in my zip code and looking at the plans. In fact it took
    longer for me to type out my explanation than it did to for me to
    actually understand it. Why couldn't you?

    > Ah, so I guess actually speaking to people whose jobs it is to explain
    > the difference between the plans clearly is also the fault of the
    > customer.

    I hate to break it to you, but it kinda IS the customer's fault if they
    come into the store, incapable of understanding certain basic concepts
    like the value of money and how that relates to the amount paid for an
    item or service, and then expects the store salespeople to be able to
    compensate for that gap.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "stevie" <sf@dum.org> wrote in message news:6uR6e.4381$bR1.3449@fe04.lga...
    > is it possible to get the $5 'no roaming charges' on the F&F plan??
    > "Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > What Steve said plus. There is a third category. We are on the FFF
    > Fair Flexible Family plan with three phones. I doubt we will often go
    > over the 800 minutes. But the flexible is cheep enough that I am not
    > worried.

    I don't see why not, as long as your account is in a SPCS corporate coverage
    area or an affiliate that offers the $5 option. It's listed as an option for
    F & F plans for Charlotte.

    Bob
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    stevie wrote:
    > is it possible to get the $5 'no roaming charges' on the F&F plan??

    Yes it is. I have it added on my plan.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:21:49 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    > <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    > >"Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message

    > >> No, it isn't.
    > >>
    > >> He was trying to get educated on the different plans, and it sounds
    like
    > >the
    > >> salesrep was a total goober.
    > >
    > >Steve, he didn't even go to the store. He said he called the store. All
    the
    > >information was listed on the site, and he apparently knew that there
    were
    > >two sets of plans, and they are fairly easy to understand. The OP should
    > >have dug a little deeper in the web site, as it appears all his questions
    > >could be answered there.
    >
    > Have you seen the site? The Fair and Friendly or whatever it is called
    > is "the recommended" and doesn't have all the information you provided
    > to me in certain areas. They have some really nice graphics but leave
    > out even the small print. It's difficult to tell what the real
    > difference is when you want 700 minutes and they cost the same. The
    > cost is not so different either.

    Sure I've seen it. I plugged in a zip code, and all the details came up.
    Something that a prospective customer would do, to see what's available
    where they live.

    > >As for the fault, I didn't discount the sales force not telling the OP
    the
    > >differences. We don't know squat about what salesman, or the length of
    time
    > >the salesman has been out of training whether the salesman was even
    taught
    > >about the F & C plans. He could have instructed in his training to push F
    &
    > >F, as SPCS may be phasing out those other plans.
    >
    > Ah, so I guess actually speaking to people whose jobs it is to explain
    > the difference between the plans clearly is also the fault of the
    > customer. I spoke to the salesperson and the store manager.

    No, I didn't say that at all. Go back to my original reply to you and read
    the last paragraph ... again.

    > But wait - if they were instructed to push the F&F plan and phase out
    > the other one, then maybe they were deliberately trying to push me in
    > one direction regardless of logic? And I guess that's the fault of the
    > customer for seeing some of the inconsistency in the message?

    I didn't say that either ... In saying that, were you pushed in the wrong
    direction with what your perceived calling needs are? Do you know what your
    actual needs are in terms of estimated minutes to use in a month, whether
    you do most of your calling during weekdays during the day (AT minutes), or
    evenings and weekends. Did you mention how many AT minutes were needed? Did
    you even mention what you wanted to cover your calling needs, during your
    conversation with the SPCS reps?

    Something is missing here.

    Bob
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "JSOUL dot com" <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in message news:4v0o515qvd4h9esgle76pbf1df01l4qc5p@4ax.com...

    > Ah, so I guess actually speaking to people whose jobs it is to explain
    > the difference between the plans clearly is also the fault of the
    > customer. I spoke to the salesperson and the store manager.
    >
    > But wait - if they were instructed to push the F&F plan and phase out
    > the other one, then maybe they were deliberately trying to push me in
    > one direction regardless of logic? And I guess that's the fault of the
    > customer for seeing some of the inconsistency in the message?

    No, but at some point it becomes naive to believe that a salesman or
    sales manager will tell you the *whole* story, unslanted by their
    ulterior motives.

    --
    John Richards
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    stevie wrote:
    > is it possible to get the $5 'no roaming charges' on the F&F plan??

    Yes. You can get Free & Clear America or Fair & Flexible America. $5/month
    extra if you're in a market area owned and operated by Sprint corporate (not a
    reseller).

    --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    The FF does not require a 2 year Advantage Agreement. The N & W
    starting at 1900 does.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:29:32 GMT, Jerome Zelinske
    <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > The FF does not require a 2 year Advantage Agreement. The N & W
    >starting at 1900 does.

    ??? What is N & W? Bob insists that F & F does require two years and
    I found this in the fine print in the bottom of that plan (but not in
    the presentation explaining it:) After clicking on "Advantage
    Agreement" I think that this is marketing's way of saying "your
    contract" with the desire to influence the customer into feeling he's
    got an "advantage" agreement and not just a regular agreement.

    "A two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement is required for Sprint PCS
    Fair & FlexibleSMPlans and Nights starting at 7 p.m. A one-year Sprint
    PCS Advantage Agreement is required for all other plans.
    Month-to-month payment options may be available depending on your
    plan. "
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    The 700 minute level is the only one where the cost is the same. If
    you consistently go over 1000 minutes, a FC plan would cost less.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Steve, he didn't even go to the store. He said he called the store. All
    > the
    > information was listed on the site, and he apparently knew that there were
    > two sets of plans, and they are fairly easy to understand.

    Perhaps for you, but it's incredible that you'd suggest a consumer is at
    fault for calling a Sprint store to get some clarification on the plans.

    > As for the fault, I didn't discount the sales force not telling the OP the
    > differences. We don't know squat about what salesman, or the length of
    > time
    > the salesman has been out of training whether the salesman was even taught
    > about the F & C plans.

    A good salesperson who is new on the job or doesn't know the difference will
    say as much. It's very poor (albeit pretty common) behavior for salespeople
    to try to pretend they know more than they do.

    > He could have instructed in his training to push F &
    > F, as SPCS may be phasing out those other plans.

    There's nothing wrong with "pushing" a particular plan, but it's unethical
    when that "push" turns into purposely misleading statements (the salesperson
    saying "there's no difference!"), if that's what your suggested occured.

    ---Joel Kolstad
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > The FF does not require a 2 year Advantage Agreement. The N & W
    > starting at 1900 does.

    Actually Jerome, if you read the below, the two year agreement is required
    for the F & F plans or if one takes the 7:00 PM N & W option.

    A two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement is required for Sprint PCS Fair &
    FlexibleSMPlans and Nights starting at 7 p.m. A one-year Sprint PCS
    Advantage Agreement is required for all other plans.

    At least that's the way I'm reading it.

    Bob
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:29:32 GMT, Jerome Zelinske
    > <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > The FF does not require a 2 year Advantage Agreement. The N & W
    > >starting at 1900 does.
    >
    > ??? What is N & W? Bob insists that F & F does require two years and
    > I found this in the fine print in the bottom of that plan (but not in
    > the presentation explaining it:) After clicking on "Advantage
    > Agreement" I think that this is marketing's way of saying "your
    > contract" with the desire to influence the customer into feeling he's
    > got an "advantage" agreement and not just a regular agreement.
    >
    > "A two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement is required for Sprint PCS
    > Fair & FlexibleSMPlans and Nights starting at 7 p.m. A one-year Sprint
    > PCS Advantage Agreement is required for all other plans.
    > Month-to-month payment options may be available depending on your
    > plan. "

    What small print? It's in the same sized font as the rest of the text on
    that page. http://tinyurl.com/3uuvy

    Bob
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    JSOUL dot com <tkdREMOVESPAMinthecity@yahSPAMoo.com> wrote in

    > I just called up a Sprint store. I also went online. There are two
    > kinds of plans - Free & Clear and Fair & Flexible. I asked for the
    > difference. They told me that there is none except that the Free &
    > Flexible allows you to pay only $5 per every 100 minutes over your
    > plan. With the Free & Clear, you pay a lot more.
    >
    > OK. Gotcha so far. So what would I get with Free & Clear that I don't
    > get with Fair & Flexible? I was told by the salesperson and her boss
    > "nothing, that is why 98% go with the Fair & Flexible."
    >
    > Wait, not so fast. I asked him the same question I asked the junior
    > salesperson. Why would anyone ever go for the Clear if the Flexible is
    > the exact same but with better features if you go over your minutes?
    > He answers "some people don't go over their minutes and don't need
    > them."

    So .... What part of that don't you understand ?
    Your starting to sound a lot like the long lost 4th stooge.
    If you anticipate going over your minutes, use F&F.
    If you don't, use F&C.

    Hope this helps

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers