Interchangable Chargers?

I have a charger from an old but working Samsung A500 with an output of
5.0V and a charger from a new Sanyo MM-7400 with an output of 5.2V.
Both have a small barrel plug that fits either phone, but the Samsung
charger has a small removable rubber "donut" that shortens the length
of the plug. Does anyone know if the chargers can be used
interchangeably?
3 answers Last reply
More about interchangable chargers

    <SprintPCSUser@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have a charger from an old but working Samsung A500 with an output of
    > 5.0V and a charger from a new Sanyo MM-7400 with an output of 5.2V.
    > Both have a small barrel plug that fits either phone, but the Samsung
    > charger has a small removable rubber "donut" that shortens the length
    > of the plug. Does anyone know if the chargers can be used
    > interchangeably?

    That's a question to ask Samsung or Sanyo. I'm willing to bet that both
    companies will say no.

    Bob

    Bob Smith wrote:
    > <SprintPCSUser@aol.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a charger from an old but working Samsung A500 with an output of
    >>5.0V and a charger from a new Sanyo MM-7400 with an output of 5.2V.
    >>Both have a small barrel plug that fits either phone, but the Samsung
    >>charger has a small removable rubber "donut" that shortens the length
    >>of the plug. Does anyone know if the chargers can be used
    >>interchangeably?
    >

    > That's a question to ask Samsung or Sanyo. I'm willing to bet that both
    > companies will say no.
    >
    > Bob

    And yet, Sprint PCS sells chargers labeled neither Samsung nor Sanyo and
    with the "Standardized Charging Connector" (SCC) and which are intended
    to be used on both brands. I think that ever since Sprint introduced
    phones using the SCC, it's safe to interchange the chargers. By the
    way, I remove the rubber donut for a better fit.

    Frank Harris wrote:

    > And yet, Sprint PCS sells chargers labeled neither Samsung nor Sanyo and
    > with the "Standardized Charging Connector" (SCC) and which are intended
    > to be used on both brands. I think that ever since Sprint introduced
    > phones using the SCC, it's safe to interchange the chargers. By the
    > way, I remove the rubber donut for a better fit.

    As long as they have the SCC port and the charger is labeled for both,
    then I'd say it's safe. Or at the very least, it's Sprint's headache if
    the charger fries your phone. :)

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers