Laptop recording studio, suggested gear

Last response: in Home Audio
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2005 1:44:21 PM

Hello everyone,
I am looking for suggestions for gear to add to my laptop to make it
suitable for live recording. I dont want too serious gear but
something better than the default equipment it comes with.

I was thinking about the audigy soundcard that is out for laptops and a
nice microphone.

Are there any reccomendations for mics? Is there a significant
difference between them?

Also, I only need to record one or two instruments so is there any
simple but high quality software suggested?

thanks
March 28, 2005 5:04:19 PM

> Also, I only need to record one or two instruments so is there any
> simple but high quality software suggested?

Take a look at Audacity (open source). It can record and edit.
March 30, 2005 5:28:53 PM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:04:19 -0600, Dan <dan@nospam.com> wrote:

>> Also, I only need to record one or two instruments so is there any
>> simple but high quality software suggested?
>>

>Take a look at Audacity (open source). It can record and edit.

Somebody here, I think, mentioned Kristal:

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Haven't used it yet...

Andy
!