How to get rid of Sanyo 8200

henry

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003

I am a new Sprint customer, in southern California.

I switched to Sprint from Verizon (with them since 1994) two months
ago. I switched because of the way Verizon gouges on overtime minutes.

At the Sprint store I bought a Sanyo 8200 for $59 and the $35/mo
Fair&Flexible America plan. I agreed to a 24 mo contract.

I have come to hate the 8200. The sound is harsh and hurts my ear - or
I can't hear it. And for some reason it makes it much harder to
understand a caller who has an accent. It is also much harder to dial
(finding the right button to hit) than is the Moto Startac that I was
using with Verizon. I still have the Verizon plan going, so a couple
days ago I tried the Startac again, and it is much more comfortable. Of
course, it won't take pictures, surf the net, etc.

I would like to stay with Sprint, but the store tells me that to go to a
different phone I would have to pay a big "full price." Any suggestions?

Henry

Henry wrote:

> I would like to stay with Sprint, but the store tells me that to go to a
> different phone I would have to pay a big "full price." Any suggestions?

As long as your account is current, eBay is a good venue to sell your
phone and use the proceeds to buy a new one.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Costco no longer allows you to buy a phone without having it activated
in the store.

Isaiah Beard <sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com> wrote in

> Henry wrote:
>
>> I would like to stay with Sprint, but the store tells me that to go
>> to a different phone I would have to pay a big "full price." Any
>> suggestions?
>

> As long as your account is current, eBay is a good venue to sell your
> phone and use the proceeds to buy a new one.

Costco has Sprint phone at a lesser price

Ski wrote:

> Costco has Sprint phone at a lesser price

Big note here.

I'm in Southern California too, in Victorville. About a 90-minute drive from
Los Angeles. Our Costco's Sprint kiosk is operated by a Sprint authorized
retail agent whose policy is NOT to sell phones without a contract or a re-up.
They just won't do it. I don't know who Costco contracts with down closer to
the Big City; things might be different down there.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

larryt510@hotmail.com wrote in news:1113375140.649673.228390
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Costco no longer allows you to buy a phone without having it activated
> in the store.

HMMM the one in the Marina told me yesterday I could pay full price and get
the phone. His full price was less than Sprints full price . ( they are
also carrying t mobil and Verizon )

"Henry" <dREDoACToTHtIS2@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I am a new Sprint customer, in southern California.
>
> I switched to Sprint from Verizon (with them since 1994) two months
> ago. I switched because of the way Verizon gouges on overtime minutes.
>
> At the Sprint store I bought a Sanyo 8200 for $59 and the $35/mo
> Fair&Flexible America plan. I agreed to a 24 mo contract.
>
> I have come to hate the 8200. The sound is harsh and hurts my ear - or
> I can't hear it. And for some reason it makes it much harder to
> understand a caller who has an accent. It is also much harder to dial
> (finding the right button to hit) than is the Moto Startac that I was
> using with Verizon. I still have the Verizon plan going, so a couple
> days ago I tried the Startac again, and it is much more comfortable. Of
> course, it won't take pictures, surf the net, etc.
>
> I would like to stay with Sprint, but the store tells me that to go to a
> different phone I would have to pay a big "full price." Any suggestions?
>
> Henry

Henry, if you are a very new customer, i.e.: 14 days or less, you can return
the phone back to SPCS and get another model.

Bob

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in

> "Henry" <dREDoACToTHtIS2@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> I am a new Sprint customer, in southern California.
>>
>> I switched to Sprint from Verizon (with them since 1994) two months
>> ago. I switched because of the way Verizon gouges on overtime
>> minutes.
>>
>> At the Sprint store I bought a Sanyo 8200 for $59 and the $35/mo
>> Fair&Flexible America plan. I agreed to a 24 mo contract.
>>
>> I have come to hate the 8200. The sound is harsh and hurts my ear -
>> or I can't hear it. And for some reason it makes it much harder to
>> understand a caller who has an accent. It is also much harder to
>> dial (finding the right button to hit) than is the Moto Startac that
>> I was using with Verizon. I still have the Verizon plan going, so a
>> couple days ago I tried the Startac again, and it is much more
>> comfortable. Of course, it won't take pictures, surf the net, etc.
>>
>> I would like to stay with Sprint, but the store tells me that to go
>> to a different phone I would have to pay a big "full price." Any
>> suggestions?
>>
>> Henry
>
> Henry, if you are a very new customer, i.e.: 14 days or less, you can
> return the phone back to SPCS and get another model.
>
> Bob

the mm7400 has much better sound