Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

data cable for sanyo 4700

Tags:
  • Sprint PCS
  • Sanyo
  • Cable
  • Internet Service Providers
  • Product
Last response: in Network Providers
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 8:35:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
one? Thanks.


--
tp0050

More about : data cable sanyo 4700

Anonymous
April 19, 2005 1:19:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:35:02 +0000, tp0050
<tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote:

>
>Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
>doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
>one? Thanks.

I bought mine on e-Bay. A quick search tonight showed 3 people
selling them. The link below is for a guy who has 9 of them with a
Buy It Now price of $14.95 plus 6.95 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...


- -

To reply via e-mail, remove the "x" at the beginning of my e-mail address
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 8:46:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Michaels" <xoritani@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckm861pc7jcjoeo7okl58ndvddnbha3b8r@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:35:02 +0000, tp0050
> <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
>>doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
>>one? Thanks.
>
> I bought mine on e-Bay. A quick search tonight showed 3 people
> selling them. The link below is for a guy who has 9 of them with a
> Buy It Now price of $14.95 plus 6.95 shipping.

That's a total of $21.90. Isn't that awfully close to the instant gratification
price at the local Radio Shack store?

--
John Richards
Related resources
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:51:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:46:54 GMT, "John Richards"
<jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote:

>"Michaels" <xoritani@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckm861pc7jcjoeo7okl58ndvddnbha3b8r@4ax.com...
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:35:02 +0000, tp0050
>> <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>>Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
>>>doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
>>>one? Thanks.
>>
>> I bought mine on e-Bay. A quick search tonight showed 3 people
>> selling them. The link below is for a guy who has 9 of them with a
>> Buy It Now price of $14.95 plus 6.95 shipping.
>
>That's a total of $21.90. Isn't that awfully close to the instant gratification
>price at the local Radio Shack store?


Well I was under the impression that this cable was relatively
unavailable, due to the fact that it uses the serial port, and because
the phone is somewhat old now. I just glanced at the Radio Shack web
site, but didn't find one listed.


- -

To reply via e-mail, remove the "x" at the beginning of my e-mail address
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:26:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

My Sprint sales rep sent me to Best Buy where I bought Susteen
DataPilot, which comes with a box of adapters that work with numerous
phones, including my 3G Samsung. I then bought the high end sprintpcs
plan that the sales lady and her mgr told me includes unlimited data
services. I've been using it for decent speed internet access for the
last 6 mos, including this morning.

Now I just went to logon and my Spring phone put a msg on the screen
"you may not use Sprint phones to serve as modems to computers".
My DataPilot will not connect. I called Sprint Customer Service and
the guy just recites like a parrot: " You may not use a SprintPCS
handset
to serve as a modem". I tell him about the Sprint sales lady and her
mgr to sent me to the Best Buy to buy the adaptor, and he parrots
the statement. I tell him I've used it for 6 mos and it is the whole
reason
I signed the expensive 2 yr contract for the top tier Sprint Vision pkg
that I was told included unlimited data services. Parrot. He recited
the same statement at least 20 times. I feel like I got f***ed and
didn't
even get kissed!
Back to my snail pace phone line.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 10:03:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bottom line, you should have done a little research (including
checking out this newsgroup) before believing what a sales rep
tells you.

--
John Richards


<grosskenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1114302399.192093.132260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> My Sprint sales rep sent me to Best Buy where I bought Susteen
> DataPilot, which comes with a box of adapters that work with numerous
> phones, including my 3G Samsung. I then bought the high end sprintpcs
> plan that the sales lady and her mgr told me includes unlimited data
> services. I've been using it for decent speed internet access for the
> last 6 mos, including this morning.
>
> Now I just went to logon and my Spring phone put a msg on the screen
> "you may not use Sprint phones to serve as modems to computers".
> My DataPilot will not connect. I called Sprint Customer Service and
> the guy just recites like a parrot: " You may not use a SprintPCS
> handset
> to serve as a modem". I tell him about the Sprint sales lady and her
> mgr to sent me to the Best Buy to buy the adaptor, and he parrots
> the statement. I tell him I've used it for 6 mos and it is the whole
> reason
> I signed the expensive 2 yr contract for the top tier Sprint Vision pkg
> that I was told included unlimited data services. Parrot. He recited
> the same statement at least 20 times. I feel like I got f***ed and
> didn't
> even get kissed!
> Back to my snail pace phone line.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:21:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

It doesn't matter the size of the voice plan that you have on your
phone. If you add Vision to it, you get unlimited data on your phone.
The brochures and web site have long, many months/years, said that
Vision on a phone is not to be connected to any other device. If you
want data on your laptop, you will need a pcmcia card and a data for
laptop plan.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:51:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"tp0050" <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message
news:tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com...
>
> Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
> doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
> one? Thanks.

Google for 'sanyo 4700 serial data cable' produced 903 hits.

Man what a country!