data cable for sanyo 4700

Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
one? Thanks.

--
tp0050
7 answers Last reply

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:35:02 +0000, tp0050
    <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote:

    >Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
    >doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
    >one? Thanks.

    I bought mine on e-Bay. A quick search tonight showed 3 people
    selling them. The link below is for a guy who has 9 of them with a
    Buy It Now price of $14.95 plus 6.95 shipping.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50328&item=5714605371&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

    - -

    To reply via e-mail, remove the "x" at the beginning of my e-mail address

    "Michaels" <xoritani@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckm861pc7jcjoeo7okl58ndvddnbha3b8r@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:35:02 +0000, tp0050
    > <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
    >>doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
    >>one? Thanks.
    >
    > I bought mine on e-Bay. A quick search tonight showed 3 people
    > selling them. The link below is for a guy who has 9 of them with a
    > Buy It Now price of $14.95 plus 6.95 shipping.

    That's a total of $21.90. Isn't that awfully close to the instant gratification
    price at the local Radio Shack store?

    --
    John Richards

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:46:54 GMT, "John Richards"
    <jr70@blackhole.invalid> wrote:

    >"Michaels" <xoritani@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckm861pc7jcjoeo7okl58ndvddnbha3b8r@4ax.com...
    >> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:35:02 +0000, tp0050
    >> <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
    >>>doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
    >>>one? Thanks.
    >>
    >> I bought mine on e-Bay. A quick search tonight showed 3 people
    >> selling them. The link below is for a guy who has 9 of them with a
    >> Buy It Now price of $14.95 plus 6.95 shipping.
    >
    >That's a total of $21.90. Isn't that awfully close to the instant gratification
    >price at the local Radio Shack store?

    Well I was under the impression that this cable was relatively
    unavailable, due to the fact that it uses the serial port, and because
    the phone is somewhat old now. I just glanced at the Radio Shack web
    site, but didn't find one listed.

    - -

    To reply via e-mail, remove the "x" at the beginning of my e-mail address

    My Sprint sales rep sent me to Best Buy where I bought Susteen
    DataPilot, which comes with a box of adapters that work with numerous
    phones, including my 3G Samsung. I then bought the high end sprintpcs
    plan that the sales lady and her mgr told me includes unlimited data
    services. I've been using it for decent speed internet access for the
    last 6 mos, including this morning.

    Now I just went to logon and my Spring phone put a msg on the screen
    "you may not use Sprint phones to serve as modems to computers".
    My DataPilot will not connect. I called Sprint Customer Service and
    the guy just recites like a parrot: " You may not use a SprintPCS
    handset
    to serve as a modem". I tell him about the Sprint sales lady and her
    mgr to sent me to the Best Buy to buy the adaptor, and he parrots
    the statement. I tell him I've used it for 6 mos and it is the whole
    reason
    I signed the expensive 2 yr contract for the top tier Sprint Vision pkg
    that I was told included unlimited data services. Parrot. He recited
    the same statement at least 20 times. I feel like I got f***ed and
    didn't
    even get kissed!
    Back to my snail pace phone line.

    Bottom line, you should have done a little research (including
    checking out this newsgroup) before believing what a sales rep
    tells you.

    --
    John Richards

    <grosskenny@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1114302399.192093.132260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > My Sprint sales rep sent me to Best Buy where I bought Susteen
    > DataPilot, which comes with a box of adapters that work with numerous
    > phones, including my 3G Samsung. I then bought the high end sprintpcs
    > plan that the sales lady and her mgr told me includes unlimited data
    > services. I've been using it for decent speed internet access for the
    > last 6 mos, including this morning.
    >
    > Now I just went to logon and my Spring phone put a msg on the screen
    > "you may not use Sprint phones to serve as modems to computers".
    > My DataPilot will not connect. I called Sprint Customer Service and
    > the guy just recites like a parrot: " You may not use a SprintPCS
    > handset
    > to serve as a modem". I tell him about the Sprint sales lady and her
    > mgr to sent me to the Best Buy to buy the adaptor, and he parrots
    > the statement. I tell him I've used it for 6 mos and it is the whole
    > reason
    > I signed the expensive 2 yr contract for the top tier Sprint Vision pkg
    > that I was told included unlimited data services. Parrot. He recited
    > the same statement at least 20 times. I feel like I got f***ed and
    > didn't
    > even get kissed!
    > Back to my snail pace phone line.

    It doesn't matter the size of the voice plan that you have on your
    phone. If you add Vision to it, you get unlimited data on your phone.
    The brochures and web site have long, many months/years, said that
    Vision on a phone is not to be connected to any other device. If you
    want data on your laptop, you will need a pcmcia card and a data for
    laptop plan.

    "tp0050" <tp0050.1nmgs8@news.cellbanter.com> wrote in message

    > Does anyone have a sanyo 4700 serial data cable lying around that he/she
    > doesn't want? I'm looking for one. Or does anyone know where I can get
    > one? Thanks.

    Google for 'sanyo 4700 serial data cable' produced 903 hits.

    Man what a country!

Sprint PCS Sanyo Cable Internet Service Providers Product