I got home from a trip yesterday and Windows crashed on me and hangs on startup at the point where the 4 balls converge into the windows symbol. I've done a lot of searching here and think I'm slowly finding out what it isn't, but I'm not any closer to a solution
1. On startup, windows hangs at the point where the 4 glowing balls converge and become the symbol. Sometimes I can hear the startup sound in the background but nothing happens.
2. Sometimes it will start up, but I can get it to crash by trying to load a streaming video every time. Screen goes black and keyboard cuts out.
Things I've tried.
1. Safe mode works every time, can watch video and everything, can't get a crash if I try
2. Reinstalled all video and audio drivers
3. Ran Malware bytes, everything checks out ok
4. Unplugged all non-essential peripherals
5. Used msconfig to turn off all non-essential startups
evga gtx 570hd
evga x58 sli le mobo
intel i7-920 processor
antec case with cp-850 power supply
(3) sticks of 6GB corsair ram - model# tr3x6g1333c9
I'm clueless where to go next, i would really appreciate any help anyone can offer.