Sanyo 4920 Problems. Turns self off, keypad unresponsive. ..

Last response: in Network Providers
April 18, 2005 6:39:36 AM

I have a Sanyo RL-4920 phone which I love to death.

Suddenly today, the phone started turning itself off and on, recording
voice data messages. There's nothing I can do about it because the
keypad will not respond to anything. The volume up and down keys will
activate (sometimes) the voice data. When it's on the only way to turn
it off is to remove the battery. It's like a ghost has taken over.

I bought the original phone on December 4th '04 and had to return it for
this very reason in February. It took them 4 days to locate a refurb to
exchange with. Now the refurb is doing the exact same thing.

I treat my phones with kid gloves and other than this, I consider this
the best cell phone I've ever had. Great signal strength and a very long
lasting battery.

Anyone else have this problem? Know what to do about it other than take
it to Sprint?

thanks

v63
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 5:47:39 PM

vision63 <vision63@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone else have this problem? Know what to do about it other than take
>it to Sprint?

No, but as a 4920 owner myself I'm very interested in what you find
out. I bought mine in January and have had nothing like that happen.

What software version does your phone have? Mine is 1.011SP and the
hardware is 0201.
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 10:06:39 PM

"vision63" <vision63@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Sanyo RL-4920 phone which I love to death.
>
> Suddenly today, the phone started turning itself off and on, recording
> voice data messages. There's nothing I can do about it because the
> keypad will not respond to anything. The volume up and down keys will
> activate (sometimes) the voice data. When it's on the only way to turn
> it off is to remove the battery. It's like a ghost has taken over.
>
> I bought the original phone on December 4th '04 and had to return it for
> this very reason in February. It took them 4 days to locate a refurb to
> exchange with. Now the refurb is doing the exact same thing.
>
> I treat my phones with kid gloves and other than this, I consider this
> the best cell phone I've ever had. Great signal strength and a very long
> lasting battery.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Know what to do about it other than take
> it to Sprint?
>
> thanks
>
> v63

The only thing you can do is to take it to your local SPCS store and show
them the problem and mention that it happened on your prior model as well.

Bob
!