need recommendations for Father's Day

Shrapnel Games is having a 20% off sale for Father's Day, and I'm
thinking of buying myself a present.

Here is the list of what is included in the sale:
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SALE_EVENT.htm

Any recommendations?

(No, I'm not connected with Shrapnel in any way except as a customer.
I just want some game recommendations.)

John

David

"John Smith" <reply@this.newsgroup.com> wrote in message
> Shrapnel Games is having a 20% off sale for Father's Day, and I'm
> thinking of buying myself a present.
>
> Here is the list of what is included in the sale:
> http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SALE_EVENT.htm
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> (No, I'm not connected with Shrapnel in any way except as a customer.
> I just want some game recommendations.)
>
> John

If he likes fantasy strategy games then get him Dominions 2. It's the best
of the genre, IMHO.

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:04:12 -0500, John Smith
<reply@this.newsgroup.com> wrote:

>Shrapnel Games is having a 20% off sale for Father's Day, and I'm
>thinking of buying myself a present.
>
>Here is the list of what is included in the sale:
>http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SALE_EVENT.htm
>
>Any recommendations?
>
>(No, I'm not connected with Shrapnel in any way except as a customer.
>I just want some game recommendations.)

Well, Dominions 2 is a great strategy game, but it's also extremely
complex. I also like The War Engine, which can be used to make turn
based scenarios of about anything. Dragoon is also a good game on the
period, but it's graphically dated.

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:38:41 GMT, Michael A. Oberly wrote:

>Well, Dominions 2 is a great strategy game, but it's also extremely
>complex. I also like The War Engine, which can be used to make turn
>based scenarios of about anything. Dragoon is also a good game on the
>period, but it's graphically dated.

Thanks, I'll take another look at The War Engine. I've also heard good
things about Dominions 2, but even the descriptions from fans sound
awfully complex, and not in a way I really want to get into.

John

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 23:17:18 -0400, "David" <nospam@home.net> wrote:

>If he likes fantasy strategy games then get him Dominions 2. It's the best
>of the genre, IMHO.

Thanks, I've heard good things about that game, but I'm not looking
for something that will require so much of a learning curve to get
into.

John