spimmed to death

Last night I started getting about one text message a minute from
some IM gateway at AOL, mostly from someone named Awesomedude322.
I suspect spim. I called Sprint, and they put some kind of block
in place, and the messages stopped, but they started up again
tonight. I've had to turn the phone off at this point. Anyone
got any other suggestions? I'd settle for turning text messaging
completely off, if there's a way to do that selectively.

Steve Summit
scs@eskimo.com

"Steve Summit" <scs@eskimo.com> wrote in message
> Last night I started getting about one text message a minute from
> some IM gateway at AOL, mostly from someone named Awesomedude322.
> I suspect spim. I called Sprint, and they put some kind of block
> in place, and the messages stopped, but they started up again
> tonight. I've had to turn the phone off at this point. Anyone
> got any other suggestions? I'd settle for turning text messaging
> completely off, if there's a way to do that selectively.
>
> Steve Summit
> scs@eskimo.com

You need to find Awesomedude322 and beat the dogshit out of him.

Oscar_Lives wrote:
> "Steve Summit" <scs@eskimo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Last night I started getting about one text message a minute from
>>some IM gateway at AOL, mostly from someone named Awesomedude322.
>>I suspect spim. I called Sprint, and they put some kind of block
>>in place, and the messages stopped, but they started up again
>>tonight. I've had to turn the phone off at this point. Anyone
>>got any other suggestions? I'd settle for turning text messaging
>>completely off, if there's a way to do that selectively.
>>
>>Steve Summit
>>scs@eskimo.com
>

> You need to find Awesomedude322 and beat the dogshit out of him.

And then you need to remember to log off AIM when you're not using it.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Steve Sobol wrote:
> Oscar_Lives wrote:
>> "Steve Summit" <scs@eskimo.com> wrote in message
>>> Last night I started getting about one text message a minute from
>>> some IM gateway at AOL, mostly from someone named Awesomedude322.
>>
>> You need to find Awesomedude322 and beat the dogshit out of him.

(Any suggestions on how to track him down? :) )

> And then you need to remember to log off AIM when you're not using it.

I've never used it in my life.

Just as a guess I would think spim is spam + IM. When I got text
messaging I immediately starrted getting spim from someone I did not
know. Went into my site on Sprint.com and blocked it selectively.
Since then I've been lucky and only gotten one or two...