Calling Voicemail via landline

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 21, 2005 9:36:31 PM

It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by 6-2-4-5.

Is there an alternative?
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 9:36:32 PM

MM wrote:
> It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
> Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by 6-2-4-5.
>
> Is there an alternative?

Dial your entire cell phone number.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 9:36:32 PM

Works fine for me.

Bubba

"MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
> Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by 6-2-4-5.
>
> Is there an alternative?

Related resources
April 22, 2005 12:34:53 AM

I should have clarified. Without incuring any minute charges.

"Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote in message
> Works fine for me.
>
> Bubba
>
> "MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
>> Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by
>> 6-2-4-5.
>>
>> Is there an alternative?

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:34:54 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you calling from a landline, then why do you think that
you are incurring per-minute charges?

news:o uGdnR_Zo98z2_XfRVn-3Q@comcast.com...
>I should have clarified. Without incuring any minute charges.
>

> "Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote in message
>> Works fine for me.
>>
>> Bubba
>>
>> "MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
>>> Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by
>>> 6-2-4-5.
>>>
>>> Is there an alternative?

April 22, 2005 1:20:17 AM

If you call your cell phone via landline or your cell phone, you will incur
per minute charges.

> Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you calling from a landline, then why do you think
> that you are incurring per-minute charges?
>
> Bubba
>
> "MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o uGdnR_Zo98z2_XfRVn-3Q@comcast.com...
>>I should have clarified. Without incuring any minute charges.
>>

>> "Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote in message
>>> Works fine for me.
>>>
>>> Bubba
>>>
>>> "MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 5:45:59 AM

You can't get charged for air time if you don't answer your wireless
phone. Which you would not want to do since that would not get you to
your voice mail. Myself I am not worried about minutes. I just use the
voicemail button.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:25:08 PM

MM wrote:
> If you call your cell phone via landline or your cell phone, you will incur
> per minute charges.

I don't think you understand the concept here.

To access your voicemail, dial your cell phone from a landline. DO NOT
answer the cell phone!

Wait for voicemail to pick up. When you hear your gretting, press *.
Then enter your passcode.

You're now in your voicemail box. Fancy that!

Once you've finished checking your voicemail, log into your account at
sprintpcs.com and check your minutes usage. Guess what? You'll find
that you weren't billed for any airtime usage while you checked your
voicemail from a landline. Hot Dog!

Note that airtime is just that: Air Time. In other words, the amount of
time your call is spent "on the air," as in over the radio network. If
your call never completes over the radio network, then no airtime is billed.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
April 22, 2005 7:00:57 PM

"Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote in message
> Works fine for me.
>
> Bubba
>
> "MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
> > Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by
6-2-4-5.

> > Is there an alternative?

Works for yours truly as well.

Bob
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 7:02:23 PM

"Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote in message
> Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, if you calling from a landline, then why do you think
that
> you are incurring per-minute charges?
>
> Bubba

Absolute not Bubba ... You aren't using one cellular minute, when using a
landline to call your cellular voice mail.

Bob
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 6:08:29 PM

I'm pretty sure you can just call your phone, let it ring to
voicemail, and hit * or # when the voicemail greeting begins. If
you hear a beep, that's prompt for your 4-digit security code,
possibly followed by #.

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
April 23, 2005 6:53:32 PM

In article <WcGdnRlAGZVDgfXfRVn-2g@comcast.com>, "MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
>Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by 6-2-4-5.

6245 == MAIL

It won't work absolutely everywhere, but it still works for my exchange.
Note that it CANNOT work for a number that you've ported from
another carrier (for obvious reasons). However should be possible to
find a Sprint wireless exchange in your locale and use that instead.
April 23, 2005 6:53:33 PM

Daniel,

Can you give me your exchange (first six digits)?

Thanks,
MM

"Daniel Tso" <dantso@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <WcGdnRlAGZVDgfXfRVn-2g@comcast.com>, "MM"
> <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>It appears that you can no longer call voicemail from a landline phone.
>>Example: Dial the first six digits of your cell phone followed by 6-2-4-5.
>
> 6245 == MAIL
>
> It won't work absolutely everywhere, but it still works for my exchange.
> Note that it CANNOT work for a number that you've ported from
> another carrier (for obvious reasons). However should be possible to
> find a Sprint wireless exchange in your locale and use that instead.
April 23, 2005 6:53:34 PM

MM wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> Can you give me your exchange (first six digits)?

Why? Don't you think the odds of it being a LD call for you are rather
high?

And you've been told, repeatedly, that you can call your own phone to
reach voicemail. 'Course I would normally just use the cellphone itself,
unless it was unavailable, or the battery was dead. What does it take, a
minute or three to check VM?

I'm beginning to wonder what your reason is for needing to access VM
without the phone itself, and apparently, without causing the phone to
even ring. You wouldn't, by chance, be trying to access someone else's
VM would you? <g>

--
Mike
April 23, 2005 6:53:35 PM

No, not at all, however I can now see why you might assume that. LD is no
cost to me.

I work in a fringe area for Sprint. Often times I'm in areas where my
Sprint phone switches to roaming. Having a landline number to call (from a
landline) to retrieve voicemail was a convience that did not incur extra
charges.

"Tinman" <mlynch@REMOVEMEcitlink.net> wrote in message
> MM wrote:
>> Daniel,
>>
>> Can you give me your exchange (first six digits)?
>>

> Why? Don't you think the odds of it being a LD call for you are rather
> high?
>
> And you've been told, repeatedly, that you can call your own phone to
> reach voicemail. 'Course I would normally just use the cellphone itself,
> unless it was unavailable, or the battery was dead. What does it take, a
> minute or three to check VM?
>
> I'm beginning to wonder what your reason is for needing to access VM
> without the phone itself, and apparently, without causing the phone to
> even ring. You wouldn't, by chance, be trying to access someone else's VM
> would you? <g>
>

> --
> Mike

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 6:53:36 PM

When roaming, what cellular carrier are you roaming on? What area are you
in?

> No, not at all, however I can now see why you might assume that. LD is no
> cost to me.
>
> I work in a fringe area for Sprint. Often times I'm in areas where my
> Sprint phone switches to roaming. Having a landline number to call (from
> a landline) to retrieve voicemail was a convience that did not incur extra
> charges.
>

> "Tinman" <mlynch@REMOVEMEcitlink.net> wrote in message
>> MM wrote:
>>> Daniel,
>>>
>>> Can you give me your exchange (first six digits)?
>>>

>> Why? Don't you think the odds of it being a LD call for you are rather
>> high?
>>
>> And you've been told, repeatedly, that you can call your own phone to
>> reach voicemail. 'Course I would normally just use the cellphone itself,
>> unless it was unavailable, or the battery was dead. What does it take, a
>> minute or three to check VM?
>>
>> I'm beginning to wonder what your reason is for needing to access VM
>> without the phone itself, and apparently, without causing the phone to
>> even ring. You wouldn't, by chance, be trying to access someone else's VM
>> would you? <g>
>>

>> --
>> Mike

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:51:32 PM

"MM" <mm04nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> No, not at all, however I can now see why you might assume that. LD is no
> cost to me.
>
> I work in a fringe area for Sprint. Often times I'm in areas where my
> Sprint phone switches to roaming. Having a landline number to call (from
> landline) to retrieve voicemail was a convience that did not incur extra
> charges.

Maybe you should look at getting the F & CA $5/mo. option on your account.
You can use up to 50% of your monthly minutes used, to roam and it won't
cost you another nickel for roaming or outgoing LD calls.

Bob
!