Sign in with
Your question

Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Last response: in Windows 7
June 26, 2012 7:21:57 AM

Alright I will try my best to describe this problem.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Mobile Processor 2.30 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.30 GHz

MOBO: Intel HM77 Chipset Mainboard

RAM: 4GB (4GBx1) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory

Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 670M 1.5GB PCIe Video

Hard Drive: 750GB 5400RPM SATA300 Hard Drive

Alright so this is a new computer and the BSOD have no pattern and come in different errors but ntoskrnl.exe is the one thing that is the main cause in all of them.

I have already ran memtest with 7 passes and that found nothing.

I also have updated my graphic card drivers in hope it would fix it...

My question is what to do?

(hm how to upload the dump files?)

Thanks!

More about : ntoskrnl exe bsod

a b $ Windows 7
June 26, 2012 8:13:59 AM

New computer, under warranty - Return it while you still can.
June 26, 2012 8:31:35 AM

ksiemb said:
New computer, under warranty - Return it while you still can.

Well the thing is that the computer isnt broke (im pretty sure) Im pretty sure its the drivers.

I already ran in safe mode for 6 hours without any BSOD. So what i was thinking maybe just reinstall windows...
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 26, 2012 8:56:33 AM

TheRealWiznet said:
Well the thing is that the computer isnt broke (im pretty sure) Im pretty sure its the drivers.

I already ran in safe mode for 6 hours without any BSOD. So what i was thinking maybe just reinstall windows...

Alright so this is a new computer and the BSOD have no pattern and come in different errors but ntoskrnl.exe is the one thing that is the main cause in all of them. Have it your way, but this module contains the basic code to load the windows OS. My point is there is no reason to have to put up with a new computer having this type of problem, especially in the OS. If you are intent on fixing it yourself, you can restore the offending module.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5085175_replace-ntoskrnlexe.htm...
June 26, 2012 7:38:08 PM

I will try that and would just a clean install fix it you think? Its a premade laptop from cyberpowerpc
!