Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezes

Last response: in Windows 7
June 26, 2012 8:05:06 AM

Hello,

I have been having random freezes/hangs in windows 7. Its completely random, it could happen in few minutes of turning on the pc or few hours. It happened once before, i sent it to a workshop, what they did was reformatting my computer. I can run my computer in safe mode only.These are my specs: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, i have 4.00 GB ram (3.25 usable), 32-bit operating system, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+.

I don`t know why i can run in safe mode only and i don`t know what is going on here. Please help me guys.

Thanks in advance

ZH.

More about : computer freezes

June 26, 2012 10:04:50 AM

which Power supply do you have???
It could be heat up due to adjustment problem. unplug all things and re-adjust every pieces in CPU like ram, hard disk, all plugs & cables and specially processor.
m
l
June 26, 2012 10:07:39 AM

princesiddiqui said:
which Power supply do you have???
It could be heat up due to adjustment problem. unplug all things and re-adjust every pieces in CPU like ram, hard disk, all plugs & cables and specially processor.

hmm i have to check.
m
l
Related resources
a c 354 $ Windows 7
June 26, 2012 4:27:02 PM

This only happen when you are using a web browser? The latest nVidia drivers have issues where the PC locks up when running streaming video. Try going to an older driver version. I have the exact same 9800 and my PC used to lock up all the time when any streaming video started playing on the new drivers. Come to think of it, my CPU is pretty close to yours, it's a quad core also.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 26, 2012 4:40:57 PM

use hardware monitor or speedfan for your temps. uses a bootable usb stick or cd and run memtest on your ram. you could have a bad stick of ram. use a vendor hard drive test and see if your hard drive passes. if a firend has some extra ram and a video card try swapping out the video card first. if it still hangs then try some ram. also open your case and make sure you clean the dust out and that all the fans are moving fine..over time fans can slow down or stop. causing heat issues.
m
l
June 26, 2012 11:00:04 PM

hang-the-9 said:
This only happen when you are using a web browser? The latest nVidia drivers have issues where the PC locks up when running streaming video. Try going to an older driver version. I have the exact same 9800 and my PC used to lock up all the time when any streaming video started playing on the new drivers. Come to think of it, my CPU is pretty close to yours, it's a quad core also.

no, it happens randomly, sometimes it hangs when i`m not doing anything, just starring at the computer.
m
l
June 26, 2012 11:02:57 PM

smorizio said:
use hardware monitor or speedfan for your temps. uses a bootable usb stick or cd and run memtest on your ram. you could have a bad stick of ram. use a vendor hard drive test and see if your hard drive passes. if a firend has some extra ram and a video card try swapping out the video card first. if it still hangs then try some ram. also open your case and make sure you clean the dust out and that all the fans are moving fine..over time fans can slow down or stop. causing heat issues.

i checked, 2 side fans are not working, but the processor fan is.
m
l
June 26, 2012 11:04:42 PM

smorizio said:

i`m doing the ram test and hard disk test later, going skool now
m
l
!