SprintPCS is so bad

Last response: in Network Providers
April 24, 2005 6:37:35 PM

Got an email asking me to reprint this from an earlier post to this group

====

J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
must be doing something wrong.

- CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
average)

- CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

- CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
activate "ReadyLink".

- Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.

- 24/7 phone support is History

- CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
to rush you off the phone.

- Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

- Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

- Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
as modem.

- Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
unless you complain to the right person at
right time.

- Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
and then often finding out nothing was done.

- Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
new phone with new 2 year contract.

=================

Back years ago when one signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
Sanyo phones. Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 8200,
but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v550 will accept over 830. Sprint
promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 6 years later.

Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.

Oh, and not just JD Power, also the Yankee Group, Consumer Reports,
and now another rated of "D" for Sprint.

===
And then Sprint is playing games with its SEC filings. Just sold towers
for 1.2 Billion to pretend to boost profits.

More about : sprintpcs bad

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:37:36 PM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:37:35 +0000, Jack Zwick wrote:

> Got an email asking me to reprint this from an earlier post to this group

<SNIP>

Sure you did....
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 6:37:36 PM

Jack Zwick burbled to the world:
> Got an email asking me to reprint this from an earlier post to this
> group

Phillipe, is that you? Why haven't you died yet?

Chris

--?
Oh life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea.
And love is a thing that can never go wrong
And I am Marie, of Rumania.
---Dorothy Parker
April 24, 2005 6:37:36 PM

> Got an email asking me to reprint this from an earlier post to this group

Yep- and I got a call from GW asking me to be his next judicial nominee.
And seeing as you have broken your own word and posted here again, let me
show how stupid each one of your moronic claims are. I don't expect you to
respond- you're allergic to intelligent responses.

> ====
>
> J.D. Power EVERY Year rates SprintPCS worst for Customer Service. Sprint
> must be doing something wrong.
>
> - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
> average)

How can they have strict time limits if they are measured on an average
time?

> - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

No quotas, only need to mention products- all carriers do this.

> - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
> so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
> activate "ReadyLink".

Absolutely no proof of this exists, and I know that you have nothing less
than 18 months old to prove your claim.

> - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.

How long? You don't know, and you usual method of obtaining information
(Usenet) shows no such pattern exists.

> - 24/7 phone support is History

So they are joining most of the rest.

> - CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
> to rush you off the phone.

Personal opinion with no FACTS to back it up.

> - Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

Rebates are not handled by Sprint.

> - Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

Again, no proof of this. In fact, many are jumping from VZW to Sprint
strictly for their data network.

> - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
> as modem.

If its a secret, why does everyone on this forum know about it?

> - Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
> unless you complain to the right person at
> right time.

A recall is a public announcement citing potential downfalls to a product.
How can a public announcement be a secret?

> - Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
> and then often finding out nothing was done.

Again, no proof, other than a very small group (maybe only Jack) whining
about it.

> - Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
> new phone with new 2 year contract.

Again, no proof. Just more of your rants as a whiney dissatisfied
ex-customer.

> =================
>
> Back years ago when one signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
> phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
> and 24/7 phone support.

And you can substitute any carrier for Sprint and still be accurate. What's
your point?

>Quality Nokia and Motorola phones. Now its
> mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
> Sanyo phones.

So, it is your claim that Sprint is the only carrier with these problems?
You should read the other forums, troll.

>Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 8200,
> but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v550 will accept over 830. Sprint
> promises to eliminate deadzones, many of which still exist 6 years later.

And what makes you think they haven't? You don't use the service. And
where did they guarantee to eliminate ALL deadspots?

> Bit by bit it's all deteriorated, and SprintPCS now richly deserves its
> rating from J.D. Power of WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of the major carriers.
>
> Oh, and not just JD Power, also the Yankee Group, Consumer Reports,
> and now another rated of "D" for Sprint.
>
> ===
> And then Sprint is playing games with its SEC filings. Just sold towers
> for 1.2 Billion to pretend to boost profits.

Learn how to read the financials, little child. Profits increased despite
the sale. No game playing- your employer does the same thing. Its called
accurate accounting- something you have no knowledge of.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 12:32:06 AM

> Phillipe, is that you? Why haven't you died yet?
>
> Chris

Basically neither God nor Satan want him. Would you if all you heard from
him was bitch, bitch, bitch??? This guy bitches so much I wonder if he
squats to piss.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:09:51 AM

In article <89KdncWB2OL-XvbfRVn-gQ@comcast.com>, Chris@Pisarra.com
says...
> Jack Zwick burbled to the world:
> > Got an email asking me to reprint this from an earlier post to this
> > group
>

> Phillipe, is that you? Why haven't you died yet?
>
> Chris

He's upset about Cingular's problems and higher churn.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Jack Zwick wrote:
> Got an email asking me to reprint this from an earlier post to this group

Ahhh, the troll is back in force.

> - CSRs (on the "800" line) with strict handle time limits (6 minutes
> average)

You have never once been able to cite proof of this, and you still
haven't. Where is the proof? Show us some documentation of this
"fact." And don't give us this "shoot the messenger" b.s. that you
always give when you don't have a valid rebuttal. If the messenger has
no concrete facts to back up his claim, then I submit that the messenger
is pulling the "message" out of his ass.

> - CSRs with upsell quotas - must sell contracts, "Vision" or something

Again, cite references. I called Sprint PCS just this morning to deal
with handling a lockline replacement for my damaged Treo 650. I was
upsold NOTHING during the conversation.

> - CSRs that get downgraded if a call has to be escalated,
> so they often refuse to do so. No one knows how to
> activate "ReadyLink".

Quite a few people are using ReadyLink, and I even tried it for a while
back when I had a ReadyLink enabled phone. If no one knows how to
activate ReadyLink, then who provisions the folks that ARE using it? The
ReadyLink fairy?

> - Long hold times for phone calls - slightly better in 2005, still long.

30 seconds isn't long. That was my hold time at 11:30 a.m. this morning.

> - 24/7 phone support is History
>
> - CSRs that tell you what they think you want to hear
> to rush you off the phone.

Do you even know these two facts to be correct? Are you even a Sprint
customer these days phillipe? I guess your Lightbridge profile is so
bad that no wireless carrier would port your number out, huh?

> - Serious grief in getting rebates for many people

The rebate worked for me. *shrug*

> - Internet connectivity deteriorating as its oversold.

http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed is reporting 93kbps right now. If
that's the speed I get when the network is "deteriorating," then I'm
impressed. I can only imagine it'll get "worse" when EV-DO rolls out. :)

I'm surprised you haven't been bashing on Tmobile, phillipe (or maybe
you have and I just haven't been looking at that newsgroup). They're
still using GPRS for data, and yet you don't gripe about it?

> - Secret "don't ask - Don't tell" policy of using cellphone
> as modem.

More like it's prohibited without the correct data plan, plain and
simple. If you circumvent this policy, you do so at your own peril.
That's pretty clear.

> - Secret Warranties - Recalls that you don't know about
> unless you complain to the right person at
> right time.

Recalls? This isn't "unsafe at any speed." It's a phone, and it has a
one year warranty. If a defect occurs within the warranty period, it
gets fixed. Beyond that, you have a choice: either have the insurance
policy (which now offers a $10 deductible for a mechanical defect rather
than the previous $30), or invest in a new phone if you feel the
premiums aren't worth it.

> - Stores where firmware upgrades require leaving your phone all day,
> and then often finding out nothing was done.

You're WAY out of touch. The phones coming out now are supporting FOTA,
which get downloaded from Vision and installed at your convenience. And
the Treo's firmware update you can do yourself.

> - Network changes causing loss of coverage used as excuse to sell you
> new phone with new 2 year contract.

And this is an outright lie. That network is CDMA and has been since
98. A Qualcomm 2700 bought at the start of the network launch will
continue to work on the network today, barring wear and tear and battery
life issues.

> Back years ago when one signed up for Sprint, plans were less expensive,
> phones were less expensive, no contract was required, you got FIMF,
> and 24/7 phone support. Quality Nokia and Motorola phones.

HAH! Uhm, the Nokia 6185 wasn't "quality." But the rest of the phones,
made by Qualcomm, Samsung, Sanyo and Motorola worked very well. You
don't even know your history!

> Now its
> mainly poor reception Samsung phones, and overheating self-destroying
> Sanyo phones.

Hmmm... looking at the website, I see, Nokias, LGs, HTCs,
Audivox/Unicoms, and Motorola devices for sale, in addition to the
Sanyos and Samsungs. And while I'll agree that older Samsung models
needed some help in the reception department, I have never heard of a
Sanyo self-destructing.

> Today you can download 3 ringtones to a Sprint Sanyo 8200,
> but a similarly priced GSM Motorola v550 will accept over 830.

Funny, you can do a search for "Sprint PCS ringtones" on Google and get
hundreds of hits. I doubt all these websites would exist if only 3
ringtones could ever be downloaded to such a phone.

> And then Sprint is playing games with its SEC filings. Just sold towers
> for 1.2 Billion to pretend to boost profits.

There's no "pretend" about it, phillipe. Sprint has a lot of capital
tied up in tower real estate and expended a lot in maintenance costs,
and selling off those assets to a third party and leasing space is a
very real cost savings, as the twoer company gains a profit from renting
space to several carriers while Sprin now longer has to worry about
maintaining anything but their specific gear. Not even your beloved
Verizon owns its own towers, so quit spinning your bs to fit your agenda.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.