Did i bust my memory?

hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
I just got my Corsair XMS pc2700, and wanted to try it out. So, when i pulled it out of the package and was about to pop it in, when I saw that there was this wire clip thingy on it. I was thinking "must be a shipping thing" and pulled it off. the memory works great, but as i saw in the newest article, they keep the clips on. will my heatspeaders fall off or something now, or will they be fine without it? I think I lost the clip, so i hope so...

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>

hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
-=bump=-

Did anybody else take there clips off?

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>

vk2amv

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
I am suprised no one answered you. In theory they should not fall off as they use frag tape to stick the spreaders to the CHIPS. You have voided your warranty though unless you can find the clip.
AREA_51

'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'