Samsing A-760 Speakerphone

Okay, this is crazy.
I've gone through the mini-userguide in the box, AND the larger one
online, and I STILL don't know how to use the touted "built-in
speakerphone" with my new Sprint phone! There's no dedicated button, I
do see a "speaker" key but the book says it activates "voice signal"?
So... what am I missing?
Barney in Bend
3 answers Last reply
More about samsing speakerphone

    I have the same problem. Seems to only work with "Ready Link"
    Anyone have an answer?

    "Barney Lerten" <blerten@bendcable.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, this is crazy.
    > I've gone through the mini-userguide in the box, AND the larger one
    > online, and I STILL don't know how to use the touted "built-in
    > speakerphone" with my new Sprint phone! There's no dedicated button, I
    > do see a "speaker" key but the book says it activates "voice signal"?
    > So... what am I missing?
    > Barney in Bend

    A friend at work has an A-760 and we were also puzzled by it (and
    nothing in the guide). I don't remember for sure (I can look at his
    Monday) but I think there was no way to switch a call-in-progress from
    earpiece to speaker or back, but there was a way to answer a ringing
    call using the speaker (maybe you hold the side speaker button in for a
    couple of seconds while the phone is ringing), or initiate a call using
    the speaker (maybe display the number from your phonebook and then press
    and hold the speaker button).

    Scott wrote:
    > I have the same problem. Seems to only work with "Ready Link"
    > Anyone have an answer?
    >
    > "Barney Lerten" <blerten@bendcable.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> Okay, this is crazy.
    >>I've gone through the mini-userguide in the box, AND the larger one
    >>online, and I STILL don't know how to use the touted "built-in
    >>speakerphone" with my new Sprint phone! There's no dedicated button, I
    >>do see a "speaker" key but the book says it activates "voice signal"?
    >>So... what am I missing?
    >>Barney in Bend

    Input the the number you want to call,then push the button below the
    antenna.On the side,has a speaker icon on it.

    Mark

    "Frank Harris" <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote in message
    >A friend at work has an A-760 and we were also puzzled by it (and nothing
    >in the guide). I don't remember for sure (I can look at his Monday) but I
    >think there was no way to switch a call-in-progress from earpiece to
    >speaker or back, but there was a way to answer a ringing call using the
    >speaker (maybe you hold the side speaker button in for a couple of seconds
    >while the phone is ringing), or initiate a call using the speaker (maybe
    >display the number from your phonebook and then press and hold the speaker
    >button).
    >
    > Scott wrote:
    >> I have the same problem. Seems to only work with "Ready Link"
    >> Anyone have an answer?
    >>
    >> "Barney Lerten" <blerten@bendcable.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Okay, this is crazy.
    >>>I've gone through the mini-userguide in the box, AND the larger one
    >>>online, and I STILL don't know how to use the touted "built-in
    >>>speakerphone" with my new Sprint phone! There's no dedicated button, I
    >>>do see a "speaker" key but the book says it activates "voice signal"?
    >>>So... what am I missing?
    >>>Barney in Bend
    >>

    > --
    > Frank Harris in San Francisco with an A680

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers