P4C800 Memory

Tags:
  • Memory
  • Overclocking
  • Performance
  • Kingston
Last response: in Memory
April 29, 2003 3:22:53 PM

I noticed on the asus web site that they have a recommended list of memory "(For optimum performance and overclocking stability)". They dont list cosair on there, and the only kingston memory they list is CL2.5 memory. I was looking at getting the kingston hyperx memory CAS2.0 but I dont see it listed. The difference is only ten dollars per module. I was wondering what you guys thought about the hyperx memory and is it worth it? Also what do you guys think of newegg.com?

Open to all suggestions :) 

More about : p4c800 memory

April 29, 2003 5:05:53 PM

At this point it seems that those new chipsets have problems running aggresive timings. Corair is not on because the spd is to strict and will not lax the timings ... hence issues... id you didn't buy your board already I would wait for a bios fix...

To err is human... to really screw things up you need a computer!
April 29, 2003 5:43:06 PM

Already have the board.. I'm sure any bios fixes will be released on the web anyways. In overall system performance does the difference in the timings really increase the speed of the computer THAT much? BTW I do not plan on overclocking.
Related resources
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
April 30, 2003 3:46:42 AM

The jerks from Tom's recommend Corsair XMS and used it at Cas2 in their latest test. It works fine at the highest settings on your board, so yes, they can do some things right.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
April 30, 2003 3:58:32 AM

Well there you go... from the man himself...

As for increasing performance... its marginal.

May 1, 2003 9:41:18 AM

hm I ordered a P4C800 + 2x 512mb Corsair I hope it´ll be fine ...

tired of your OS? <A HREF="http://tinyurl.com/1kal" target="_new">cLicK mE</A>
May 1, 2003 2:35:42 PM

What speed of corsair? what model?