Sprint updated the software in my phone, now it works WORSE.

Last response: in Network Providers
April 25, 2005 3:15:20 AM

I have had vague problems with my Sprint Samsung SCH8500 lately. So I
took it into the Sprint store on Friday and asked them to test it.
They did, said it needed a software update which they say they did.
They said it passed the test and gave me a screenshot saying so.

The funny thing is after the "update" they PRL was at 10021. Current
is 10026. Wonder what they did?

Now it works worse. Much worse. 3 bars signal strength and calls are
choppy, no one can understand me, and I have to walk outside if the
phone rings. Signal faded often.

I went back to the Sprint store and talked to the manager and got what
amounts to evasions. They offered to sell me a new phone to replace
the one they broke. Sign me up to a new 2 year contract.
Whoop-te-doo! I think I could get a new phone from any carrier, even
Sprint since I am long out of contract. FREE.

I called the 800 number (*2 doesn't work unless I am out in the open,
I just tried it) and got more evasions. They did update my PRL to
10026 over the air. It didn't change anything.

The question is why would the Sprint store update software and not
PRL? Is that even possible? Or did they just test it? If so why
does it work so much worse now?

So now I am faced with either:

1. Buying a new phone from Sprint and staying on my pretty darned
cheap 4 year old retention deal. I reject this since I don't much
care to line their pockets while they are doing NOTHING for me.

2. Switching to T-mobile and forgetting about Sprint, which would
probably cost me fractionally less but I wouldn't have to pay for any
phone at all.

3. Switching to T-mobile and suing Sprint for my losses, new phone,
contract cost since I am out of Sprint contract. I kind of like this
idea.

I just tried to call *2, the signal faded again. I guess I could go
outside and call. But that is NOT how it is supposed to work.

FWIW my wife's Sprint phone works ok here in the house.

Any opinions on what I should do? I am opposed to letting Sprint
skate on this. It costs $450 to aquire a cellular customer, I have
let them go entirely too long with me paying my bill and costing them
nothing.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 3:15:21 AM

Hey Hoss, Sounds like you need to talk to someone high up in the food chain
at Sprint. Maybe someone on this newsgroup can give you a name and phone
number.

Bubba
(Lifetime NRA Member)
(Bull Riders Association of America)
(Winner, Texas Cow Chip Throwing Contest 2002)

"Steevo@my-deja.com" <steevo@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>I have had vague problems with my Sprint Samsung SCH8500 lately. So I
> took it into the Sprint store on Friday and asked them to test it.
> They did, said it needed a software update which they say they did.
> They said it passed the test and gave me a screenshot saying so.
>
> The funny thing is after the "update" they PRL was at 10021. Current
> is 10026. Wonder what they did?
>
> Now it works worse. Much worse. 3 bars signal strength and calls are
> choppy, no one can understand me, and I have to walk outside if the
> phone rings. Signal faded often.
>
> I went back to the Sprint store and talked to the manager and got what
> amounts to evasions. They offered to sell me a new phone to replace
> the one they broke. Sign me up to a new 2 year contract.
> Whoop-te-doo! I think I could get a new phone from any carrier, even
> Sprint since I am long out of contract. FREE.
>
> I called the 800 number (*2 doesn't work unless I am out in the open,
> I just tried it) and got more evasions. They did update my PRL to
> 10026 over the air. It didn't change anything.
>
> The question is why would the Sprint store update software and not
> PRL? Is that even possible? Or did they just test it? If so why
> does it work so much worse now?
>
> So now I am faced with either:
>
> 1. Buying a new phone from Sprint and staying on my pretty darned
> cheap 4 year old retention deal. I reject this since I don't much
> care to line their pockets while they are doing NOTHING for me.
>
> 2. Switching to T-mobile and forgetting about Sprint, which would
> probably cost me fractionally less but I wouldn't have to pay for any
> phone at all.
>
> 3. Switching to T-mobile and suing Sprint for my losses, new phone,
> contract cost since I am out of Sprint contract. I kind of like this
> idea.
>
> I just tried to call *2, the signal faded again. I guess I could go
> outside and call. But that is NOT how it is supposed to work.
>
> FWIW my wife's Sprint phone works ok here in the house.
>
> Any opinions on what I should do? I am opposed to letting Sprint
> skate on this. It costs $450 to aquire a cellular customer, I have
> let them go entirely too long with me paying my bill and costing them
> nothing.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:53:24 AM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:25:42 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
<BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote:

>Hey Hoss, Sounds like you need to talk to someone high up in the food chain
>at Sprint. Maybe someone on this newsgroup can give you a name and phone
>number.

Dunno how to do that. I have called, customer service and retention
are worthless.

The funny thing is today I went over to a different Sprint store.

There were other Sprint customers there who have the same problem.
They have defective handsets and Sprint has jacked the prices of
replacements up so much even their $150 rebate for signing a new year
contract won't come close to covering it.

They are going to Verizon, where they will get three *free* phones.

I agree, if I have to get a new two year contract I might as well make
the carrier pay for the churn in full. They are obviously not our
buddies.

The employees at the store understood the problem and admitted things
have "changed" since two years ago when Sprint tried to satisfy their
customers. Now we can all whistle dixie. Their hands are tied.

This is a good argument to make all bundling illegal. Then the
handset manufacturers would be duking it out in the market, nice
handsets would be $69 - $99, and carriers would be carriers.
Competing.
April 25, 2005 7:53:25 AM

I would suggest going to www.sprintusers.com and reading the faq in the
discussion forums. There are some elevation phone numbers posted there. Be
careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire. Verizon and Cingular
are no better!! Been there done that and got burned! They used to be good
companies before they all got too big for their britches. "They all have
problems.

Good Luck,

Bubba

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:25:42 -0700, "Bubba DeBub"
> <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote:
>
>>Hey Hoss, Sounds like you need to talk to someone high up in the food
>>chain
>>at Sprint. Maybe someone on this newsgroup can give you a name and phone
>>number.
>
> Dunno how to do that. I have called, customer service and retention
> are worthless.
>
> The funny thing is today I went over to a different Sprint store.
>
> There were other Sprint customers there who have the same problem.
> They have defective handsets and Sprint has jacked the prices of
> replacements up so much even their $150 rebate for signing a new year
> contract won't come close to covering it.
>
> They are going to Verizon, where they will get three *free* phones.
>
> I agree, if I have to get a new two year contract I might as well make
> the carrier pay for the churn in full. They are obviously not our
> buddies.
>
> The employees at the store understood the problem and admitted things
> have "changed" since two years ago when Sprint tried to satisfy their
> customers. Now we can all whistle dixie. Their hands are tied.
>
> This is a good argument to make all bundling illegal. Then the
> handset manufacturers would be duking it out in the market, nice
> handsets would be $69 - $99, and carriers would be carriers.
> Competing.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:53:26 AM

"Bubba DeBub" <BubbaDeBub@RideEmCowboy.com> wrote in message
> I would suggest going to www.sprintusers.com and reading the faq in
the
> discussion forums. There are some elevation phone numbers posted
there. Be
> careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire. Verizon and
Cingular
> are no better!! Been there done that and got burned! They used to be
good
> companies before they all got too big for their britches. "They all
have
> problems.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Bubba

I agree, I'm going through that now with Verizon, Sprint and
Cingular.

Chas.

Champion Buckle Bunny Rider!
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:57:28 PM

Updating the phones software or PRL will not change the behavior of the
phone as far as RF performance and making and receiving calls. Having
PRL 10021 or 10026 will not matter except for roaming (and even then
only very minor differences).
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:42:06 AM

On 25 Apr 2005 15:57:28 -0700, larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:

>Updating the phones software or PRL will not change the behavior of the
>phone as far as RF performance and making and receiving calls. Having
>PRL 10021 or 10026 will not matter except for roaming (and even then
>only very minor differences).

That's what I thought, but the funny thing is after the "update" the
PRL was 10021. So they didn't update that. They must have done
something however since things changed.

The other funny thing is years ago I had a Nokia on Sprint, I went
into the very same Sprint store, they updated the software in the
phone, and it stopped working. They couldn't fix it, they had to
replace it then.

I guess I should stay the heck out of that Sprint store, huh?
April 26, 2005 1:54:48 PM

Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
> I have had vague problems with my Sprint Samsung SCH8500 lately.

Therein lies the source of the problem. Obviously the phone wasn't
working right before you even walked into the store.

Since that phone is so old, there is no telling what may have happened.
Perhaps the memory was going, but the sticky bits weren't in use till
the new software was loaded. Or it could be the connections are just
getting loose. Or perhaps the phone was just going bad, like you said
above, and is just continuing to die.

> So I
> took it into the Sprint store on Friday and asked them to test it.
> They did, said it needed a software update which they say they did.
> They said it passed the test and gave me a screenshot saying so.
>
> The funny thing is after the "update" they PRL was at 10021. Current
> is 10026. Wonder what they did?

Updated the firmware, which is not the same as the PRL.

> Now it works worse. Much worse. 3 bars signal strength and calls are
> choppy, no one can understand me, and I have to walk outside if the
> phone rings. Signal faded often.

My 8500 did the same thing after years of use. It's just an old phone.

> I went back to the Sprint store and talked to the manager and got what
> amounts to evasions. They offered to sell me a new phone to replace
> the one they broke.

I seriously doubt they "broke" it. Your phone was old and on its last
leg; the Sprint Store was just the catalyst that brought it to a head.
They tried; it died; you cried. Get over it.

> Sign me up to a new 2 year contract.
> Whoop-te-doo! I think I could get a new phone from any carrier, even
> Sprint since I am long out of contract. FREE.

And you can get one from SPCS too. You'll need to sign a contract for
either, so that's a wash. The Sanyo 200 is only 169.99, and right now
there's a 19.99 off Web sale, bringing it to $150. With your rebate, the
price is zero. While this isn't a Vision phone (IIRC), I'd certainly
take it over a Samsung 8500 any day.

> So now I am faced with either:
>
> 1. Buying a new phone from Sprint and staying on my pretty darned
> cheap 4 year old retention deal. I reject this since I don't much
> care to line their pockets while they are doing NOTHING for me.

When you list options, and then reject the first one, it's really not an
option anymore, is it? (The irony being that you seem happy with your
retention deal, which will go bye-bye when you change carriers.)

> 2. Switching to T-mobile and forgetting about Sprint, which would
> probably cost me fractionally less but I wouldn't have to pay for any
> phone at all.

If your retention deal is not better than TM's standard pricing for new
customers, you don't have a "pretty darned cheap" retention deal.
There's no way I could switch to TM and get the same deal I have with
SPCS, which I have renegotiated through the years.

> 3. Switching to T-mobile and suing Sprint for my losses, new phone,
> contract cost since I am out of Sprint contract. I kind of like this
> idea.

Exactly how much do you think you'd be awarded for a 4-5 year-old
malfunctioning (before SPCS even touched it--by your own public
admission) phone? I'd say somewhere between $5-$20 tops. But if it makes
ya' happy, go for it.

> I just tried to call *2, the signal faded again. I guess I could go
> outside and call. But that is NOT how it is supposed to work.
>
> FWIW my wife's Sprint phone works ok here in the house.
>
> Any opinions on what I should do? I am opposed to letting Sprint
> skate on this.

They really didn't do anything to you intentionally. It's a very old
phone, that had problems even when it was current.

> It costs $450 to aquire a cellular customer, I have
> let them go entirely too long with me paying my bill and costing them
> nothing.

You can either get a new phone for free with a rebate, or call and see
if a helpful CSR can do something better. Or you can start fresh with a
new carrier, losing any retention deals you currently have. Do what
makes you happy, but I think you overreacted regarding the 8500.

--
Mike
Anonymous

Blah blah blah

> So now I am faced with either:
>
> 1. Buying a new phone from Sprint and staying on my pretty darned
> cheap 4 year old retention deal. I reject this since I don't much
> care to line their pockets while they are doing NOTHING for me.
>
> 2. Switching to T-mobile and forgetting about Sprint, which would
> probably cost me fractionally less but I wouldn't have to pay for any
> phone at all.
>
> 3. Switching to T-mobile and suing Sprint for my losses, new phone,
> contract cost since I am out of Sprint contract. I kind of like this
> idea.
>
> I just tried to call *2, the signal faded again. I guess I could go
> outside and call. But that is NOT how it is supposed to work.
>
> FWIW my wife's Sprint phone works ok here in the house.
>
> Any opinions on what I should do? I am opposed to letting Sprint
> skate on this. It costs $450 to aquire a cellular customer, I have
> let them go entirely too long with me paying my bill and costing them
> nothing.

None of your 'options' involve staying with Sprint - So what are you still
posting here for ?
Good luck with your law suit bub.
Don't like losing money, so what do you do - Launch a piss poor court action
against a humungous company.
Reeeeaaalllll smart.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:23:18 PM

It sounds like you have an old phone that is starting to wear out. One
of the problems might be that flashing new software might degrade
components further. The latest prl might be 10026, but might not be the
current prl for that model phone. They suggested that you buy a new
phone, at a subsidized price, to replace the one that was about to break
soon anyway. Yea, you could get a new phone free from a different
carrier, but then you would not be with Sprint PCS and could no longer
get on a family plan with your Wife. And you would be in a 1/2 year
contract with the other carrier.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:44:54 PM

Sorry, that was meant to read as a one or two year contract, not a half
year contract. hihi
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:28:30 PM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:44:54 GMT, Jerome Zelinske
<jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Sorry, that was meant to read as a one or two year contract, not a half
>year contract. hihi

Yeah, but if you get a $150 rebate on the "new for you" program from
Sprint you get a shiny new 2 year contract to go with it. So that's
not particularly a good deal since I can get a free phone from any
carrier, even Sprint with a one or 2 year contract. Tmobile is free
with one year. Verizon is free with two year. Cingular is free with
two year.

I found out what they did. Sprint raised the prices of all the phones
by about $150 when they got the "new for you" program. So there is
really no deal at all since they will give you two Sanyo 8200s for
$79.99. But if you are a current customer you have to pay more than
that for one. Not what I would call a good deal.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:31:14 PM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:59:17 GMT, Jesse <1@2.com> wrote:

>None of your 'options' involve staying with Sprint - So what are you still
>posting here for ?
Yeah, option one does.

>Good luck with your law suit bub.
Thanks!

>Don't like losing money, so what do you do - Launch a piss poor court action
>against a humungous company.
I've done it before, sued the phone company in small claims for $600.
I can assure you all you gotta do is lay papers on them and they
become much more cooperative.

>Reeeeaaalllll smart.
Yep. I love it. You should try it some time. Sue the biggest company
for small amounts. They settle right away. Heh.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:47:23 PM

> 3. Switching to T-mobile and suing Sprint for my losses, new phone,
> contract cost since I am out of Sprint contract. I kind of like this
> idea.

A four year old phone is worth very little, especially one without
Vision capability. It's like if someone totaled your old car,
the insurance would only pay the Blue Book value, not what it
was worth to you. So suing Sprint doesn't make any fiscal sense.

--
John Richards
Anonymous

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:44:54 GMT, Jerome Zelinske
> <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, that was meant to read as a one or two year contract, not a half
> >year contract. hihi
>
> Yeah, but if you get a $150 rebate on the "new for you" program from
> Sprint you get a shiny new 2 year contract to go with it. So that's
> not particularly a good deal since I can get a free phone from any
> carrier, even Sprint with a one or 2 year contract. Tmobile is free
> with one year. Verizon is free with two year. Cingular is free with
> two year.
>
> I found out what they did. Sprint raised the prices of all the phones
> by about $150 when they got the "new for you" program. So there is
> really no deal at all since they will give you two Sanyo 8200s for
> $79.99. But if you are a current customer you have to pay more than
> that for one. Not what I would call a good deal.

I haven't seen any pricing increases on the phones they release. What proof
do you have that they bumped the pricing up by $150?

As for the cost of phones, even at retail, SPCS is subsidizing the cost of
these phones. In the old days, it was a couple of hundred bucks. I don't
have a clue what it is now, as phone prices have dropped, electronic parts
have gotten cheaper, better deals are made with the manufacturers, but I'm
betting they are still subsidizing the cost, before even offering the $150
credit to upgrade to a new phone.

As for the 2 yr. commitment, it's the only way SPCS, and other wireless
providers, can recap the cost of subsidizing of phones and phone rebates.

Bob
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 10:49:27 PM

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:59:17 GMT, Jesse <1@2.com> wrote:
>
>>None of your 'options' involve staying with Sprint - So what are you
>>still posting here for ?
> Yeah, option one does.

And I quote [you]:

'1. Buying a new phone from Sprint and staying on my pretty darned
cheap 4 year old retention deal. I reject this since I don't much
care to line their pockets while they are doing NOTHING for me.'

You apparently rejected your own option as soon as you thought of it.

>>Good luck with your law suit bub.
> Thanks!
>
>>Don't like losing money, so what do you do - Launch a piss poor court
>>action against a humungous company.
> I've done it before, sued the phone company in small claims for $600.
> I can assure you all you gotta do is lay papers on them and they
> become much more cooperative.
>
>>Reeeeaaalllll smart.
> Yep. I love it. You should try it some time. Sue the biggest company
> for small amounts. They settle right away. Heh.

Your simply pissing in the wind.
Upgrade your phone cheapskate sheesh.
What next, suing Comcast because high speed internet won't work with Windows
3.1 ?
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 3:38:14 PM

I have been happy with the service for about 5 years. I would not be
surprised to find that I am continuous customer for 25 years, parts of
which may not be under an Advantage Agreement.
April 28, 2005 3:52:05 PM

"Steevo@my-deja.com" <steevo@my-deja.com> wrote:

> On 25 Apr 2005 15:57:28 -0700, larryt510@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Updating the phones software or PRL will not change the behavior of the
> >phone as far as RF performance and making and receiving calls. Having
> >PRL 10021 or 10026 will not matter except for roaming (and even then
> >only very minor differences).
>
> That's what I thought, but the funny thing is after the "update" the
> PRL was 10021. So they didn't update that. They must have done
> something however since things changed.
>
> The other funny thing is years ago I had a Nokia on Sprint, I went
> into the very same Sprint store, they updated the software in the
> phone, and it stopped working. They couldn't fix it, they had to
> replace it then.
>
> I guess I should stay the heck out of that Sprint store, huh?

It's funny that you feel funny, because they are 2 different funny things
to have 2 different funny feeling.

1. PRL upgrade just updating the ROAMING and some service change which
doesn't effect how the phone works (as other told you)

2. The funny feeling you had before probably FIRMWARE software upgraded the
phone itself which gave you the funny feeling. This may cause some
hardware problem (and why the release the firmware to correct or create
more bug), and it has nothing to do with the PRL updating.

3. Stay The Heck Out Of Sprint Store?

- If you want to upgrade Firmware for your hardware then you have to drag
yout stinking arse to Sprint store to have the tech upgrading firmware
for you. And if they burn your cell (it's possible) then they should
give you the replacement phone with no charge. And you can pray for them
to burn yours to get a newer phone (refurbished not brand new and without
battery)

- If you just wanna upgrade the PRL then you can get a newer stinky PRL by
dialing " *2 " (without quotes). But of course you will have to either
call or drag your stinky arse to Sprint store to ask the to update your
info to enable the option to upgrade PRL using " *2 " option.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 5:09:32 PM

Tinman wrote:
> Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
> > I have had vague problems with my Sprint Samsung SCH8500 lately.
>
> Therein lies the source of the problem. Obviously the phone wasn't
> working right before you even walked into the store.
>
> Since that phone is so old, there is no telling what may have
happened.
> Perhaps the memory was going, but the sticky bits weren't in use till

> the new software was loaded. Or it could be the connections are just
> getting loose.

What gibberish, any symptoms like this would cause a total crash of the
phone. Maybe the
bits are rusty?

Its not Sprint, its lousy Lucent/Nortel network equipment. You can
thank the distinguished
Nobel Prize Winners of BELL LABS in NJ for your service. Sprint won't
admit it bought
buggy equipment and will blame everyone else instead.

JG
May 5, 2005 5:21:39 PM

jgrove24@hotmail.com wrote:
> Tinman wrote:
>> Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
>>> I have had vague problems with my Sprint Samsung SCH8500 lately.
>>
>> Therein lies the source of the problem. Obviously the phone wasn't
>> working right before you even walked into the store.
>>
>> Since that phone is so old, there is no telling what may have
>> happened. Perhaps the memory was going, but the sticky bits weren't
>> in use till
>
>> the new software was loaded. Or it could be the connections are just
>> getting loose.
>
> What gibberish, any symptoms like this would cause a total crash of
> the phone. Maybe the
> bits are rusty?

Quiet, Binky, the adults are talking.

> Its not Sprint, its lousy Lucent/Nortel network equipment. You can
> thank the distinguished
> Nobel Prize Winners of BELL LABS in NJ for your service. Sprint won't
> admit it bought
> buggy equipment and will blame everyone else instead.

You are either a complete moron, or are suffering from some weird
neurosis that is causing you to remain obsessed with Lucent/Nortel. On
the other hand, I can see why they fired your sorry ass.

(But I don't mean that in bad kinda way.)

--
Mike | Anything in parenthesis can (not) be ignored.
'04 FLHTCUI

Tinman wrote:
> jgrove24@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Tinman wrote:
> >>
> >> Therein lies the source of the problem. Obviously the phone wasn't
> >> working right before you even walked into the store.
> >>
> >> Since that phone is so old, there is no telling what may have
> >> happened. Perhaps the memory was going, but the sticky bits
weren't
> >> in use till
> >
> >> the new software was loaded. Or it could be the connections are
just
> >> getting loose.
> >
> > What gibberish, any symptoms like this would cause a total crash of
> > the phone. Maybe the
> > bits are rusty?
> >

> Quiet, Binky, the adults are talking.
>

> > Its not Sprint, its lousy Lucent/Nortel network equipment. You can
> > thank the distinguished
> > Nobel Prize Winners of BELL LABS in NJ for your service. Sprint
won't
> > admit it bought
> > buggy equipment and will blame everyone else instead.
>
> You are either a complete moron, or are suffering from some weird
> neurosis that is causing you to remain obsessed with Lucent/Nortel.
On
> the other hand, I can see why they fired your sorry ass.
>
> (But I don't mean that in bad kinda way.)

Oh,oh someone must be holding some stock shares, hoping they appreciate
higher than
the price of a cheap bottle of wine at Trader Joe's.

JG

> --
> Mike | Anything in parenthesis can (not) be ignored.
> '04 FLHTCUI
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 6:59:43 PM

jgrove24@hotmail.com wrote:

> Oh,oh someone must be holding some stock shares, hoping they appreciate
> higher than
> the price of a cheap bottle of wine at Trader Joe's.

Whatever problems actually do exist with Nortel's stuff doesn't justify you
posting the same thing a half-dozen times a day. IMHO people telling you to
STFU are justified.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 8:14:21 PM

> Oh,oh someone must be holding some stock shares, hoping they
appreciate
> higher than
> the price of a cheap bottle of wine at Trader Joe's.
>
> JG

Look out for more NOBEL Prize winning features from LUCifer:

On the earnings call, Lucent executives were confident about the
company's ongoing unwired propects. "We continue to see subscribers
growing; we continue to see new markets opening up," Lucent CEO, Pat
Russo said on the call.

The firm has deals to roll out major CDMA EV-DO (evolution, data only)
3G network upgrades for both Sprint Wireless (NYSE: PCS - message
board) and Verizon Wireless (see Sprint Confirms EV-DO Network and
Lucent Scores $5B Verizon Deal). The Sprint upgrade is due to be fully
rolled out by the end of 2005, while Lucent's $5 billion contract with
Verizon will see the companies look beyond current 3G networks.

Oh boy can't wait. But hey, at least Martha Stewart did some time, JG
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 6:00:43 AM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:17:23 GMT, "Bob Smith"
<usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I haven't seen any pricing increases on the phones they release. What proof
>do you have that they bumped the pricing up by $150?

Uh, for new subscribers, two Sanyo PM8200s for $49.99.

For current subscribers, $229 for one less the $150 for signing a 2
year contract.

So $79 for current customers in exchange for signing for 2 years. New
subs however get a much better price on the phone. Contract and
service is prolly the same. I guess they are in effect charging
their current subscribers about $55 extra.