Game Won't Install

Recently acquired a new copy of Zeus (lost the last one!!) but cannot get it
to install despite the last version working fine. Every time I select
install I get a "16 bit windows subsystem" error message, originating from
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. stating that the system file is not suitable
for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
There is no such file in the c:\windows\system32 folder!!
Help!!
4 answers Last reply
More about game install

    Hi Humphrey,

    You can solve that problem by replacing the file:

    1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt

    2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Humphrey" <Humphrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A5AF26-09FA-400A-8BE3-1D2071AA3412@microsoft.com...
    | Recently acquired a new copy of Zeus (lost the last one!!) but cannot get it
    | to install despite the last version working fine. Every time I select
    | install I get a "16 bit windows subsystem" error message, originating from
    | C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. stating that the system file is not suitable
    | for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications.
    | There is no such file in the c:\windows\system32 folder!!
    | Help!!

    Hey Jimmy, thanks alot. I had this same problem and I did what you told
    Humphry to do and it worked like a charm! Thanks again!

    --Thomas
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Great news Thomas - Glad that helped! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Thomas A." <Thomas A.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC1D002E-3156-4456-8A2E-6E886A81D4FB@microsoft.com...
    | Hey Jimmy, thanks alot. I had this same problem and I did what you told
    | Humphry to do and it worked like a charm! Thanks again!
    |

    | --Thomas
  4. I seem to be having a different problem. I'm using a Compaq Presario PC, with a Vista O.S., and the C.D. isn't autoplaying. I can use the Explore feature to run the auto.exe, or the setup.exe, yet when getting ready to install, the first and only thing the game does is pull up an automated installation window, which loads to 100 percent, then freezes. Does anyone have any suggetstions? Is it a problem with compatibility possibly, or is it the hardware?

    --Dego Flamron

System32 Microsoft Video Games