$10 month to month deal

Anyone on optioned to do the $10 for a month to month deal instead of having
a contract? I'm looking at this for when I decide to quit sprint, then I can
skip the termination fee.

Capt.

In article <syxbe.7471$f6.2511@fe04.lga>, capn@charter.net says...
> Anyone on optioned to do the $10 for a month to month deal instead of having
> a contract? I'm looking at this for when I decide to quit sprint, then I can
> skip the termination fee.
>
> Capt.

Sorry to step into an old post, but I thought I'd let you know, that
$10/month requirement is *only* for transactions otherwise requiring a
new contract. If you've satisfied the (for example) 2-year contract you
last accepted, that $10 premium does not apply. You simply continue as
you are until you either re-up or quit.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Capn Wrote:
> Anyone on optioned to do the $10 for a month to month deal instead of
> having
> a contract? I'm looking at this for when I decide to quit sprint, then
> I can
> skip the termination fee.
>
> Capt.

well that's good thinking. but think about this, it's like you'll be
paying $120 for 1 year or $240. and there are better deals if you have
a 2-year contract, such as getting unlimited sprint to sprint calling
all for free and make your unlimited nights&weekends starting at 7pm
for only an additional of $5 instead of having it at 9pm...that's two
hours earlier!!! but it's gonna be your choice

--
dapogs

Well, the thing I am looking at is I have about 12 months left on the
contract and my plan is about 120 a month, so to do the 10 for month to
month would save me when I want to switch from sprint if I decide to.

Capt.

"dapogs" <dapogs.1otbag@mobile-forum.co.uk> wrote in message

> Capn Wrote:
>> Anyone on optioned to do the $10 for a month to month deal instead of
>> having
>> a contract? I'm looking at this for when I decide to quit sprint, then
>> I can
>> skip the termination fee.
>>
>> Capt.
>

> well that's good thinking. but think about this, it's like you'll be
> paying $120 for 1 year or $240. and there are better deals if you have
> a 2-year contract, such as getting unlimited sprint to sprint calling
> all for free and make your unlimited nights&weekends starting at 7pm
> for only an additional of $5 instead of having it at 9pm...that's two
> hours earlier!!! but it's gonna be your choice
>

> --
> dapogs

I think what you are trying to say is that he can not get out of a
current Advantage Agreement by just paying an extra $10 per month for
the remainder of that AA. That if he wants to add a feature to a plan
that is currently not under an Advantage Agreement which requires an AA,
then he can opt out of the AA by paying the $10 monthly fee. I think
that the $10 monthly fee is removed after the one or two year term of
the AA required by the option has passed.

According to sprint customer service that I emailed they told me you can
sign up for the $10 deal at anytime, and it is available to anyone. That's
the reason I am asking people here, I don't trust customer service anymore
then i trust the irs, i figure they'll screw me at first chance.

Capt.

"Jerome Zelinske" <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I think what you are trying to say is that he can not get out of a current
> Advantage Agreement by just paying an extra $10 per month for the
> remainder of that AA. That if he wants to add a feature to a plan that is
> currently not under an Advantage Agreement which requires an AA, then he
> can opt out of the AA by paying the $10 monthly fee. I think that the $10
> monthly fee is removed after the one or two year term of the AA required
> by the option has passed.

The only way to get out of the Advantage Agreement is to pay the Early
Termination Fee. Depending on how many months are left and the cost of
the plan, it might be less expensive to wait it out. In your case those
that would be when there are only two months or less left, unless you
switch to a smaller plan. How many minutes do you have, and how many do
you think you will be using for the next year?

In article <mS3ge.818$i03.496@fe06.lga>, capn@charter.net says...
> According to sprint customer service that I emailed they told me you can
> sign up for the $10 deal at anytime, and it is available to anyone. That's
> the reason I am asking people here, I don't trust customer service anymore
> then i trust the irs, i figure they'll screw me at first chance.
>
> Capt.

Well... they tell you the truth... as far as they go. They're just not
telling you the whole story. Yes, you can get the $10 option anytime.
Yes, it's available to anyone.

But to someone *already* in a contract, the only way out of the old one
is to pay the Termination Fee. There's a couple of exceptions, like
moving outside of coverage. But, if you're life isn't changing like
that, the Termination Fee is the only way.

That's the catch. It isn't getting the $10 option that's an issue.
It's how you get out of the old one.

--
RØß
O/Siris
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+

Thanks Siris, it seems odd though. You sign up for that option but then have
to pay to cancel if you decide, seems very odd.

Capt.

Capn wrote:
> Thanks Siris, it seems odd though. You sign up for that option but then have
> to pay to cancel if you decide, seems very odd.

Not really; you are *cancelling your contract* to go month to month. Makes
sense to me, anyhow.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

In article <5AUge.7264$rt1.4396@fe04.lga>, capn@charter.net says...
> Thanks Siris, it seems odd though. You sign up for that option but then have
> to pay to cancel if you decide, seems very odd.
>
> Capt.

I think something's not coming across clearly. If I understand you
correctly, you are in the midst of an Advantage Agreement now.
Something like 6 months left in it, I think it was. However much is
left, you can't get out of paying to cancel the current agreement by
accepting the $10 month-to-month option. Let's try some dates, to see
if that clarifies (these are just examples)

Let's say you signed a 2-year Advantage Agreement in July of 2004. This
July is halfway through that. But now you want to go month-to-month
(M2M for short from here on out). Well... yeah, you can do that. But
you'd have to void the *existing* agreement to do that. When that
happens, $150 Early Termination Fee. You are then on what Sprint's
billing system sees as a 0-year Advantage Agreement. That agreement
costs $10/month.

If, however, on this Advantage Agreement, you make it all the way to
July of 2006, and decide you don't want another agreement. Fine. No
termination fee because you MET the conditions of the agreement. You
are henceforth M2M, but without even the $10 monthly fee. That's
because you're account would then be covered by a *completed* 2-year
Advantage Agreement.

Is that any more clear?

--
RØß