I am looking at the Treo 650 and would like to hear from o..

jt

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the Treo 650, would like to have your personal
experience and opinions.

Thanks,
JT

jt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of purchasing the Treo 650, would like to have your personal
> experience and opinions.

I have one. It's an extremely good phone, surpisingly sturdy physically,
holds a singal well, and the Palm OS capability works well, too.

Do you have any specific questions about the phone?

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:22:01 GMT, "jt" <jtsoft@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm thinking of purchasing the Treo 650, would like to have your personal
>experience and opinions.
>
>Thanks,
>JT

Buy it ASAP.
I have it. It's a beast.

Steph

"jt" <jtsoft@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of purchasing the Treo 650, would like to have your
> personal experience and opinions.
>
> Thanks,
> JT

I also am very interested in the phone. I have yet to buy it for the
following reasons:

o I don't have $599 (yes rebates etc, will knock the price down but that
is MSRP)

o I have seen many owners grumble over the frailty of the display (maybe
only the plastic is not scratch resistent enough, don't know).

o Also heard many owners grumble over the unit constantly rebooting and
therefore unuseable for either PDA functions or phone calls.

I have a 6035 and loved it -- even the size.
Don't use it now becuase I switched the a Vision capable phone (A680),
but much prefer a combined PDA and phone. I was very disappointed SPCS
didn't offer the 7135.
But overall, when all is said and done -
it is price that keeps me away (I bought the 6035 for $175, no mail in
rebates).

YMMV

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:30:05 GMT, Steph <CUT_skipatrol@hotmail.com_CUT> wrote:

>I also am very interested in the phone. I have yet to buy it for the
>following reasons:
>
>o I don't have $599 (yes rebates etc, will knock the price down but that
>is MSRP)

Buy used on eBay

>o I have seen many owners grumble over the frailty of the display (maybe
>only the plastic is not scratch resistent enough, don't know).

Get screen protectors. Office Depot, et al., sell them.

>o Also heard many owners grumble over the unit constantly rebooting and
>therefore unuseable for either PDA functions or phone calls.

Patch recently released solves many problems.

--
John Bartley K7AAY 503.326.2231...147
telecom syadmin, USBC-Oregon, Portland - Views are mine.

I have had mine since November and I love it!!!

Check out www.treonauts.com www.treocentral.com and www.mytreo.net

Real good info there!!

"jt" <jtsoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking of purchasing the Treo 650, would like to have your personal
> experience and opinions.
>
> Thanks,
> JT

I just got a treo 650, upgrading from a Samsung I-500. My brother and
father both have blackberries. I like the phone/camcorder functions.
The image quality isn't so good, but its very convenient.

The treo runs pretty quickly (not a lot of lag waiting for palm apps)
etc. I love the screen, the web/email capabilities are unparallelled
(sp?). It comes with a one year subscription to this Express
application which has a nifty little mapping feature that I get a lot
of use out of.

As for the phone part of it, I get decent signal everywhere I go.
Ergonomically I'd say the phone is less comfortable than my last phone,
which was a clamshell, but just as comfortable as the blackberries.

The speakphone on the blackberry is significantly better than the Treo
650 as is the ear piece.

I have this weird tendency to accidently hang up on people a lot more
when I'm using this phone. I also tend to accidentally pick up the
phone a lot more, which can be bad in some situation.

There is a green blinking light that blinks fairly brightly in a dark
room so I put the phone face down on my bedstand. I cannot figure out
how to turn it off, and I have tried.

I have had complaints that its difficult to hear on the other end when
using the 650, so I have to be more conscious of speaking directly into
the microphone.

Its funny but after reading many reviews on the phone, hardly anyone
mentions the actual quality of the phone part of this phone. Everyone
goes straight to the pda qualities and rates them.

All in all I'd say it was a pretty good upgrade over my old Samsung
I-500. I'm addicted to email and reading the news which is what I use
the phone for 90% of the time. Also the scheduling and contacts list
is awesome.

I would say that if you're a PDA user that talks on the phone, this is
most certainly the phone for you. If you're a heavy phone user that
won't be using the pda much, then this isn't the phone for you. If
you're considering a blackberry, then this phone, without a doubt,
blows every blackberry I've seen out of the water (except for the
speaker phone).