Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
yea just did what you said on both of my hard drives. I hope it fixed it. But I still have another issue. I keep getting kick out of games to windows. First the screen is frozen than the mouse pointer is frozen, the sounds go off and after a blackscreen I got kicked to desktop. Without opening up the task manager and quitting the game from there I cant click anywhere on my PC. This occurs mainly on SWTOR and Max Payne 3. Other games are fine. Why do you think this is happening?

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
All of my drivers are up to date including AMD drivers, DX and visual c++, .net framework, windows updates and all other 3rd party softwares. Im using Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. ATI Radeon HD6970 2gb video gard and ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z mother board with 4 GB Kingston 2200 mhz DDR3 RAM. Why do I get constant freeze and crash during gaming?

Dogsnake

Distinguished
As stated this error indicates that a file(s) that need to be read and loaded can't be. It appears the file in question is srv.sys. This is a valid and required file for windows. It is a service that should load with the start of windows. You might check the connections to your HDD also, making sure they are properly inserted and tight. Once booted check in the services tab of administrative tools to see that this file is set to automatic start in it's properties tab. I doubt this is s software issue. How old is your HDD and what size and brand is it? Just read your additional post. The game errors could be caused by a failing HDD. If when the game needs to call new data from the HDD it encounters errors, it will freeze up.

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Its Kingston 120GB SSD the one im using Windows on. Other one is sort of a backup drive, Western Digital 1TB. I have my games and other stuff that take too much space. They are not that old I guess its been hardly a year since I bought them...

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
So DogSnake what do you think I should do about this? I can't play any game cause it keeps freezing and crashing. My games are installed on 1TB while I use Windows on SSD. CheckDisk didnt do anything cause Max Payne 3 is still crashing the moment I start playing. I know its not an overheat issue since the games crash the moment I launch them sometimes

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Right now im preparing to format both harddrives. its not only max payne 3, its also star wars the old republic and mass effect 3. Randomly frozen screen, mouse than a blackscreen which takes me back to desktop and only way to quit the game and gain control of my mouse again is to use task manager. Btw I did checkdisk on both of them, my games still kept freezing. Im sure its not a software or overheat issue. Also ive tried to play the games on both SSD and normal 1tb hdd, on both games kept freezing.

make sure you have the newest bios for your mb there new cpu code and code for the sata ports on asus web page.also check that your ssd have the newest firmware. with your 2200 ram. use cpu-z and see what sped the mb set the ram at. myself i would set it a 1333 or 1600 to see if it a bug between the mb and the ram. also check that your sdd and hd are on the intel sata ports.

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
My build is;

Intel i7 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Asus ATI Radeon HD6970 2GB
G-Skill (2x2) 4GB 2133MHZ DDR 3
120 GB Kingston SSD + 1TB WD HDD
SeaSonic 850W M12II-850Bronze PSU
Thermaltake BWS6000 Armor High Tower
Logitech G19 keyboard and G700 mouse
27` LED Philips 273E(LH) monitor
Logitech Z5500 5+1 sound system

Ive updated BIOS today before everything, freezing didnt stop. I dont have any antivirus installed and all my drivers are up to date as I mentioned before. Btw they are plugged into Intel sata ports. I will update the firmware of my SSD after I format both harddrives and see how that goes.

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
ok after I've formated and reinstalled the whole system than tried SWTOR. I've managed to play like an hour after that game freezed for like 10 seconds than it didnt occur again. Im going to check Max Payne 3 now. No blue screens yet. Why are these damn freeze/crash is happening I dont get it... From BIOS to Windows and all drivers are reinstalled, I've even unplugged everything and cleaned the dust inside the tower, yet still games froze.

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
yea ive guessed that power supply might be insufficient.. all I know is that its brand is High Power and its 600W (its been 3 years since I bought it and its the oldest part in my system). Are you sure that might be the issue? Because ill have to spend some cash to buy at least 800W+ if it is... After this point its no longer a software issue anyways!

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
well im over BSOD now. the problem is that games are freezing. Although its a lot rare now, after the format, I still have it. i will change my PSU. 600W seems to be insufficient

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
ok this morning I just woke up and turned on my pc and went over to living room. After 10 minutes when I check on my PC, there was an error on the screen `Windows encountered an unknown error.`. That means one thing. I head over to the c: /windows/minidump and there it was. BSOD is back! After everything ive done nothing has changed, games are still freezing and now on top of that BS is back. Tonight I will try to change my PSU with a new one and see if its going to fix it....

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
memtest86 v4.0a completed - error:0 ! So its not the RAM... back to my suspicion on HDD+SSD or PSU... what do you think? its been 3.5 years since I bought my 650W PSU. DO you think thats what halting my PC on gaming?

Warhurst

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Ive just bought SeaSonic 850W PSU, all cables plugged in correctly. Launched Ghost Recon Future Soldier and on the first scene of the cutscene ITS FROZEN AGAIN. Just wasted 200 dollars... Any other suggestions?