Any recent games cover Japananes Battles Pre WWII ?

Are there any Japanese war games based on pre 1900 Japan?

Cheers, Reddog

"Reddogfive" <reddogfivenospam@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Are there any Japanese war games based on pre 1900 Japan?

Shogun : Total War

KOEI had a game on feudal Japan too - not "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms"
for that was China - but ...

Borderline 1900 :

Tsushima naval game by HPS - http://www.hpssims.com

not out yet : http://home.austin.rr.com/normkoger/RJW.html

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

--
"Ceterum censeo Belgicam delendam."
(Cato, 'Pro Gerolphe')

In article <2ZednUI5GbqkDlPfRVn-oA@rogers.com>,
reddogfivenospam@hotmail.com says...

> Are there any Japanese war games based on pre 1900 Japan?

Well, there's SHOGUN: TOTAL WAR, but I wouldn't call that so much a
wargame but a click 'n' twitch game.

--
Giftzwerg
***

In article <Xns968DBD4D33B76eddysterckxhotmailco@216.142.187.170>,
eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...

> > Are there any Japanese war games based on pre 1900 Japan?
>
> Shogun : Total War
>
> KOEI had a game on feudal Japan too - not "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms"
> for that was China - but ...

NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION, I believe this was called. I had it for the old
eight-bit Nintendo.

--
Giftzwerg
***
"It's hard not to be moved by the sight of Londoners calmly going about
their business as usual in the face of terrorism. But, if the governing
class goes about business as usual, that's not a stiff upper lip but a
death wish."
- Mark Steyn

> KOEI had a game on feudal Japan too - not "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms"
> for that was China - but ...

Keseen 1 and 2 for PS2, not very complex but can be difficult

> Are there any Japanese war games based on pre 1900 Japan?

From a strategic and political point ov view, "Victoria" and "Europa
Universalis II" by Paradox.