SideWinder Joystick Compatibility with Windows XP

I recently upgraded to a new PC and Windows XP. When
attempting to load SideWinder Force Feedback Pro Game
Controller Software Version 3.0, got error message saying
that drivers are incompatible with XP. What do I need to
do to install software and use my joystick with Flight
Sim 2000?
2 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder joystick compatibility windows

    joystick. Found an adapter at Radio Shack, need drivers
    that allow me to use new PC with XP. Did you get any
    response to your original query?

    Hi Newt,

    --
    Here are instructions for both the USB and the Gameport models:

    Version 3 software isn't XP compatible, we'll use XP's drivers instead.
    While USB devices just plug and play, GamePort devices need work:

    To install a GamePort controller, Plug it in, click Start / Control Panel /
    Switch to Classic view if you haven't already / click Game Controllers
    Click Add... / Select Microsoft Sidewinder Auto Detect / OK / OK.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Joystick Windows XP Compatibility Software Video Games