The Sims 2 Installation Problem

Last response: in Video Games
September 23, 2004 10:53:02 PM

Okay, this might take awhile to explain.

I tried to install The Sims 2 onto my Gateway 450XL laptop, with no luck.
At first I would let the cd auto-play, and the first setup screen popped up
asking me for a language. I would precede to pick English and press next.
After this nothing would happen. No error messages would pop up or anything.

I tried for several days to contact EA's non-existant technical support, and
finally decided to delve into it myself. I know a good deal about computers
and thought that maybe with time, or some luck I would find out what was
keeping this game from installing. I did some research and realised that
after pressing next on the setup menu of the The Sims 2 installer, that
dwtsn32.exe would open an infinite amount of applications of itself. I went
to the windows website a found out how to disable the program (yes I backed
up my registry). In hopes that this would fix my problem.

Now when I try to install the game, the first screen pops up, I press next,
and I get this message

"Autorun7: Autorun.exe-Application error.
The instruction at "0x7ffa302d" referenced memory at "0x7lab5690". The
memory could not be "read".

Does this mean that I have a problem stemming from Autorun.exe?
I have had several trojan's and worms present on my system within the past
6-12 months. I thought that I removed them all, and I cannot find any traces
of anymore on my system. Will I have to do a repair install on my system, or
a total reinstall?

Thanks so much!!
Jessie
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 11:33:56 AM

Hi Jessie,

If you have windows XP, it's worth it to do a repair ...
--
How To Repair Windows:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"JessieRose" <JessieRose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D DBACEC7-970E-4E22-BD60-D90FD1A50F17@microsoft.com...
| Okay, this might take awhile to explain.
|
| I tried to install The Sims 2 onto my Gateway 450XL laptop, with no luck.
| At first I would let the cd auto-play, and the first setup screen popped up
| asking me for a language. I would precede to pick English and press next.
| After this nothing would happen. No error messages would pop up or anything.
|
| I tried for several days to contact EA's non-existant technical support, and
| finally decided to delve into it myself. I know a good deal about computers
| and thought that maybe with time, or some luck I would find out what was
| keeping this game from installing. I did some research and realised that
| after pressing next on the setup menu of the The Sims 2 installer, that
| dwtsn32.exe would open an infinite amount of applications of itself. I went
| to the windows website a found out how to disable the program (yes I backed
| up my registry). In hopes that this would fix my problem.
|
| Now when I try to install the game, the first screen pops up, I press next,
| and I get this message
|
| "Autorun7: Autorun.exe-Application error.
| The instruction at "0x7ffa302d" referenced memory at "0x7lab5690". The
| memory could not be "read".
|
| Does this mean that I have a problem stemming from Autorun.exe?
| I have had several trojan's and worms present on my system within the past
| 6-12 months. I thought that I removed them all, and I cannot find any traces
| of anymore on my system. Will I have to do a repair install on my system, or
| a total reinstall?
|
| Thanks so much!!
| Jessie

April 2, 2009 9:08:16 AM

First when i install the sims2 I was so lucky,because it has no error but when I opened and played it there was a problem,the walls are color red and it cannot preview the designs for the walls and when my friend install it too to their laptop it has no error too in installing,but when she played it it has a gleach but no red walls,so in that case I install again tha game but while installing it has an error,it says

An error occured while trying to copy a file:
The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

So what it means and what i would do? PLS. HELP ME

THANK YOU
MICAN
Related resources
April 2, 2009 10:38:15 AM

sims 3 is much better than sims 2.. hahaha..
April 2, 2009 3:00:57 PM

New necro record?
April 3, 2009 11:59:27 PM

whats up can anyone help me???Pls rply fast I need to install my game
!