Boot Issues out of Sleep Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatBlackXD

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
I just recently had my OCZ Vertex 2 60GB crash on me and after a week or so, I had OCZ cross-ship me a new one and I am back in business with my upgraded Samsung 830 128GB as my new main SSD and the new OCZ V2 as a secondary drive.

The reasons why I am posting is that I have been having issues(twice in three days) after my computer idles and/or goes into sleep mode, and also sometimes after my computer is put into sleep mode. The issues I am having is that it will not display anything on any of my three screens after "waking up" from sleep mode and I have to restart.

Once I restart, this is where an annoying problem comes up. My mobo almost goes through its complete post but hangs with the Boot Device LED on, something that I know can be caused by lots of different things.

The one thing I have been able to do is force restart(holding down the power button and then clicking it again)multiple times until it finally boots up completely and Resumes Windows.

I have already tested each stick of RAM separately and no problems there. Both GPUs(HD Radeon 6870 x2) are working fine and so is my Core i7 950. The mobo I run is an Asus X58 Sabertooth and I have not updated the Bios on it since I bought it over two years ago. I also did not update the firmware on my Samsung 830 SSD that I bought last week.

Any and all help/suggestions is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your posts.

Solution
Funny you should mention that because that is precisely what you should do. You should update the bios in your MB as well as on both of the SSDs you have.

Funny you should mention that because that is precisely what you should do. You should update the bios in your MB as well as on both of the SSDs you have.

Solution

FlatBlackXD

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
Haha alright. I figured that would probably be the culprit but I did not want to do it before I got opinions from people who knew what they were talking about.

Hi :)

^^^^^^^^^ Totally agree, sleep mode has been awful on EVERY version of windows since 98...it goes in fine.....its getting it OUT that gives huge problems...disable it...

All the best Brett :)

FlatBlackXD

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2012
I cannot really tell IF it fixed the problem because it would only occur after some sleep modes but not all of them. I updated the BIOS with no problems from a middle 2010 to a late 2011 so hopefully that is the problem.

If it does not fix the problem, I will then update the firmware on both of my SSDs and hopefully that will be it.

Thanks again guys, appreciate you taking your time to help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.