Sign in with
Your question

Tech Job

Last response: in Business Computing
December 21, 2011 11:35:56 AM

MY SON HAD HIS NAME ON MY COMPUTOR AND HAD A PASSWORD SO NO ONE COULD GO ON HIS NAME AND HE PASSED AWAY A FEW DAYS AGO AND I NEED TO DELETE HIS LOCK NAME HOW DO I DELETE IT HIS PASS WORD IS UNKNOWN

More about : tech job

December 21, 2011 1:15:49 PM

We don't allow password circumvention on this website or talk about it.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
December 21, 2011 9:16:47 PM

effliz said:
MY SON HAD HIS NAME ON MY COMPUTOR AND HAD A PASSWORD SO NO ONE COULD GO ON HIS NAME AND HE PASSED AWAY A FEW DAYS AGO AND I NEED TO DELETE HIS LOCK NAME HOW DO I DELETE IT HIS PASS WORD IS UNKNOWN

Sent you a PM so as to not upset the forum purists.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 28, 2011 12:46:49 PM

Hopefully Grumpy also mentioned that you would want to probably save any information from your son...
January 2, 2012 8:14:16 AM

I'd go further than that. I would suggest re-setting the password to something you know using one of the well known tools that are out there. Once you have this I would looking at browsing history to establish if your son used any social media sites or e-mail solutions. You will likely want to try and have these removed too or in the case of something like Facebook maybe have the page turned into a memorial for his friends to pay respects to your son and remember the good times he had before his untimely departure. Other sites have teams that help in these sort of sad situations.

It must be a hard time. Don't rush to delete anything, establish what he had and then act on one thing at a time.
February 6, 2012 3:21:46 PM

effliz said:

PLEASE TRY TO GET A HIRENSE CD/SOFTWARE OR CONSULT A TECHNICIAN +256779209823
February 6, 2012 4:02:33 PM

Depends on the OS you use. If it's a windows PC, I say use the trinity rescue kit

http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_R...

Read the instructions on the site. Using the utility to change the users password doesn't always work right. Usually what I'd do is set the admin accounts password to nothing so there isn't one. You have to enable the account for Vista and Win 7. If it's a Mac though then your SOL :p 
!