Better/cheaper battery for Sanyo 4920

Hi:

My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
used to, so it may be time to replace it.

The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
li-on battery as far as I know.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
battery at a lower price or a better battery?

Thanks in advance, DGI
5 answers Last reply
More about better cheaper battery sanyo 4920

    "David G. Imber" <imber@maniform.com> wrote in message news:50bj71558ockvga61ch0ll2aeqbupph2mh@4ax.com...
    > Hi:
    >
    > My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
    > used to, so it may be time to replace it.
    >
    > The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
    > li-on battery as far as I know.
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
    > battery at a lower price or a better battery?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, DGI

    I've bought cell phone batteries from eBay, and they worked fine.

    --
    John Richards

    David G. Imber <imber@maniform.com> wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
    > used to, so it may be time to replace it.
    >
    > The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
    > li-on battery as far as I know.
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
    > battery at a lower price or a better battery?

    Have you tried draining and fully recharging the battery?

    > Thanks in advance, DGI

    Kevin M.
    "Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
    you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
    "Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

    On Thu, 5 May 2005 17:34:57 -0700, "Kevin M." <youwish@imaspammer.org>
    wrote:

    >Have you tried draining and fully recharging the battery?

    Yes, and when the recharge held for only a number of days
    after that, despite very limited use, I decided battery must be
    getting old. It still has a good deal of life left, I'm just asking
    now so that I can make an educated purchase when the time comes.

    Thanks, DGI

    I've had good luck buying from cellularaccessory.com. No genuine Sanyo
    battery, but they have a low price on an aftermarket battery. 1400mah,
    Cinco de Mayo Sale Price: $17.95

    http://www.cellularaccessory.com/rl4920battery.html

    David G. Imber wrote:
    > Hi:
    >
    > My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
    > used to, so it may be time to replace it.
    >
    > The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
    > li-on battery as far as I know.
    >
    > Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
    > battery at a lower price or a better battery?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, DGI

    Are the 4920 batteries that you link to the standard size ones, that
    are the same size as those that come with the phone ? Or are they the
    oversize ones that change the dimensions and shape of the phone ?

    JBJ

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 06:32:04 GMT, Frank Harris
    <frankbhX@XcompuserveX.com> wrote:

    >I've had good luck buying from cellularaccessory.com. No genuine Sanyo
    >battery, but they have a low price on an aftermarket battery. 1400mah,
    >Cinco de Mayo Sale Price: $17.95
    >
    >http://www.cellularaccessory.com/rl4920battery.html
    >

    >David G. Imber wrote:
    >> Hi:
    >>
    >> My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
    >> used to, so it may be time to replace it.
    >>
    >> The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
    >> li-on battery as far as I know.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
    >> battery at a lower price or a better battery?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance, DGI

Sprint PCS Battery Sanyo Internet Service Providers Product