Better/cheaper battery for Sanyo 4920

Last response: in Network Providers
May 5, 2005 5:18:08 AM

Hi:

My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
used to, so it may be time to replace it.

The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
li-on battery as far as I know.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
battery at a lower price or a better battery?

Thanks in advance, DGI
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 9:54:15 AM

"David G. Imber" <imber@maniform.com> wrote in message news:50bj71558ockvga61ch0ll2aeqbupph2mh@4ax.com...
> Hi:
>
> My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
> used to, so it may be time to replace it.
>
> The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
> li-on battery as far as I know.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
> battery at a lower price or a better battery?
>
> Thanks in advance, DGI

I've bought cell phone batteries from eBay, and they worked fine.

--
John Richards
Anonymous

David G. Imber <imber@maniform.com> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
> used to, so it may be time to replace it.
>
> The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
> li-on battery as far as I know.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
> battery at a lower price or a better battery?

Have you tried draining and fully recharging the battery?

> Thanks in advance, DGI

Kevin M.
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
May 6, 2005 5:43:09 AM

On Thu, 5 May 2005 17:34:57 -0700, "Kevin M." <youwish@imaspammer.org>
wrote:

>Have you tried draining and fully recharging the battery?

Yes, and when the recharge held for only a number of days
after that, despite very limited use, I decided battery must be
getting old. It still has a good deal of life left, I'm just asking
now so that I can make an educated purchase when the time comes.

Thanks, DGI
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 10:32:04 AM

I've had good luck buying from cellularaccessory.com. No genuine Sanyo
battery, but they have a low price on an aftermarket battery. 1400mah,
Cinco de Mayo Sale Price: $17.95

http://www.cellularaccessory.com/rl4920battery.html

David G. Imber wrote:
> Hi:
>
> My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge quite as well as it
> used to, so it may be time to replace it.
>
> The OEM replacement on SPCS's site is $60. It's a standard
> li-on battery as far as I know.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for either the same
> battery at a lower price or a better battery?
>
> Thanks in advance, DGI

August 13, 2005 5:55:54 AM

Are the 4920 batteries that you link to the standard size ones, that
are the same size as those that come with the phone ? Or are they the
oversize ones that change the dimensions and shape of the phone ?

JBJ

!