I think somethings wrong?

GUYM3NN0N

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
Hello Toms Hardware,

I've been busy lately so I kept putting this off but i'm finally ready to try to get this problem fixed. Sadly I am a gamer who has to deal with wireless internet, which surprisingly hasn't given me any problems until my brother also got wireless internet. He doesn't game but he uses it for everyday tasks such as watching youtube videos and surfing the web. Anyways whenever I play games lately My ping will be in the 30s or 40s for a few minutes then all of a sudden it will jump to 1000 for a few minutes and then I just get disconnected. This happens no matter what game it is. Also when watching youtube videos it will load fine a for a few minutes then it will just stop loading until it starts up again. My family pays for a 18 download 2 upload connection if that helps. Any solutions to this problem would be much appreciated!

When you say "wireless internet" you mean you are both connecting to the same router using WiFi? Does this happen only when the other computer is online? If so, nothing you can do really, the WiFi signal is shared. The issue may be with a bad/old/cheap router, see if there is any firmware available for it. Also make sure the WiFI signal is running on a clean channel. A program like inssider can help you sort out any issues.