Sign in with
Your question

Dual boot or multiple windows files?

Last response: in Windows 7
June 26, 2012 9:08:27 PM

So here is the deal. I have a WD hard drive that I have done a full partition on and will not repartition. I have a second drive that I probably can reinstall windows if need be. I have changed a lot with windows 7 I have added different themes, start orbs, explorer frames/navigation, and system icons. The problem is when my wife gets on it, she hates it. So I made a different user account so that it would be her own look and feel. However the icons and other things are changed in hers also.
So my question is: is there a way to have each user load their own windows explorer.exe and other system32\64 files for each user? Or is there a way that I can have it ask at the begging (much like choosing a user) which drive to boot from? She basically just uses regular standard windows, and I use mine which looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyLcpeioCT8
So the start orb and other folders and file icons transfer to hers as well. I know that she would be happy if there was a way that we could each have different looks. Again I do not want to partition my drive to dual boot. Thanks in advance.
a b $ Windows 7
June 26, 2012 9:19:37 PM

If you wanted you could disconnect your HDD and plug in that 2nd HDD install windows on that... reconnect your HDD and be able to pick what OS to load in your BIOS.
m
l
June 26, 2012 9:55:28 PM

Yeah I was hoping to do it outside of the bios. This way my wife, who is not that tech savy, could turn it on and just pick which one to go to. Thanks for the reply
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2012 12:56:27 AM

Set up your wife's as the default.
m
l
!