TAO - original scenarios

Hi ,

Does anyone know where you can download the extra scenarios for the original
TAO....

Thx Charles

Charles Ross schreef:

> Does anyone know where you can download the extra scenarios for the original
> TAO....

Hi,

IIRC the original TAO didn't come with a scenario editor, so it's more
than likely that no additional scenarios were ever created for it.

That said, SSG did update the game and released it as freeware some
years ago - the latest version I have is 2.4 which now thanks to some
people in here runs fine on Windows XP.

If you want the 2.4 version (without the XP patch which I have yet to
get & test) I can mail it to you - just make sure you have a mailbox
that can handle a 10 MB attachment.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Charles Ross schreef:

> Does anyone know where you can download the extra scenarios for the original
> TAO....

Check your mailbox for TAO 2.4

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

<eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Charles Ross schreef:
>
>> Does anyone know where you can download the extra scenarios for the
>> original
>> TAO....
>
> Hi,
>
> IIRC the original TAO didn't come with a scenario editor, so it's more
> than likely that no additional scenarios were ever created for it.
>
> That said, SSG did update the game and released it as freeware some
> years ago - the latest version I have is 2.4 which now thanks to some
> people in here runs fine on Windows XP.
>
> If you want the 2.4 version (without the XP patch which I have yet to
> get & test) I can mail it to you - just make sure you have a mailbox
> that can handle a 10 MB attachment.

There was an extra scenario that you were meant to get when you registered
the original TAO, called Dinant Bridgehead, or something similar. Was that
included with the freeware version?

There was at least one by-a-fan editor for the original game that I did some
beta testing on, oh, maybe in 97 or so, but I don't know if that ever got
released, or under what name. My memory of it is that it only allowed
editing of units & OOBs, not the maps. I've no idea if it works on the
freeware game, it might.

Regards,
Mike Kreuzer
www.mikekreuzer.com

<eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1122906384.776195.153090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Charles Ross schreef:
>
>> Does anyone know where you can download the extra scenarios for the original
>> TAO....
>
> Hi,
>
> IIRC the original TAO didn't come with a scenario editor, so it's more
> than likely that no additional scenarios were ever created for it.
>
> That said, SSG did update the game and released it as freeware some
> years ago - the latest version I have is 2.4 which now thanks to some
> people in here runs fine on Windows XP.
>
> If you want the 2.4 version (without the XP patch which I have yet to
> get & test) I can mail it to you - just make sure you have a mailbox
> that can handle a 10 MB attachment.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Eddy Sterckx

Actually I did make TAO2 scenario editor ( I still have it), though nobody used it.
I would say the editor is pretty easy to use.

Peter

"Mike Kreuzer" <mikekreuzer@SAMEAGAIN.com> wrote in message news:42eea4a4@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> <eddysterckx@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1122906384.776195.153090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> Charles Ross schreef:
>>
>>> Does anyone know where you can download the extra scenarios for the original
>>> TAO....
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> IIRC the original TAO didn't come with a scenario editor, so it's more
>> than likely that no additional scenarios were ever created for it.
>>
>> That said, SSG did update the game and released it as freeware some
>> years ago - the latest version I have is 2.4 which now thanks to some
>> people in here runs fine on Windows XP.
>>
>> If you want the 2.4 version (without the XP patch which I have yet to
>> get & test) I can mail it to you - just make sure you have a mailbox
>> that can handle a 10 MB attachment.
>>

> There was an extra scenario that you were meant to get when you registered the original TAO, called Dinant Bridgehead, or
> something similar. Was that included with the freeware version?
>
> There was at least one by-a-fan editor for the original game that I did some beta testing on, oh, maybe in 97 or so, but I don't
> know if that ever got released, or under what name. My memory of it is that it only allowed editing of units & OOBs, not the
> maps. I've no idea if it works on the freeware game, it might.
>
> Regards,
> Mike Kreuzer
> www.mikekreuzer.com

Hi Mike,

I believe the bonus scenario was called 'Race to the Meuse' but I could be wrong.

Peter

Jokko

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Hi Eddy,

I am a new member in this forum and a big fan (or was) of TA0. After upgrading to Windowx XP I missed playing the game. I see that this game (TA02.4) can be running out of a Win XP. Any possibility of letting me having the the patch please.

Thanks and regards.
Jokko

Edgy

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2004
8O I'm interested in the latest version, any patch that will allow TAO to run under XP, and an editor.

I actually bought this game but understand the latest is better. I have an old Windows 98 box on which version 2.0.0 runs. Wonder if there aren't problems. Tutorial says an American unit is ready to be attacked but it's actually several hexes away.

Anyway, I know these posts are old but I hope for a reply.