Shrapnel - new blog entry

Hi,

Another blog entry by Scott is up at

http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/

About the GTA non-issue in the media today

For once I completely agree with what he writes, but don't tell him :)

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

In article <1122967273.607586.103510@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...

> http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/
>
> About the GTA non-issue in the media today
>
> For once I completely agree with what he writes, but don't tell him :)

I can't read another of these...

When I was a kid, we didn't have computer games - so I pointed toy guns
at *real children*, and we played at shooting each other full of holes.

(Regular thespians, we were, and Olivier himself couldn't ham up a death
scene like my friend Tim.)

Oddly enough, our parents didn't rush us off to the psychiatrist (or
shoot us full of powerful, psychoactive drugs[1] as parents today are
wont to do...) because we were playing "Cowboys and Indians" in the
woods next door.

Seems to me this is just the same thing (only minus the healthy physical
activity that actually running through the woods generated).

--
Giftzwerg
***

"Run, Dick, run!"
-Giftzwerg

"Giftzwerg" <giftzwerg999@NOSPAMZ.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <1122967273.607586.103510@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...
>
> > http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/
> >
> > About the GTA non-issue in the media today
> >
> > For once I completely agree with what he writes, but don't tell him :)
>
> I can't read another of these...
>
> When I was a kid, we didn't have computer games - so I pointed toy guns
> at *real children*, and we played at shooting each other full of holes.
>
> (Regular thespians, we were, and Olivier himself couldn't ham up a death
> scene like my friend Tim.)
>
> Oddly enough, our parents didn't rush us off to the psychiatrist (or
> shoot us full of powerful, psychoactive drugs[1] as parents today are
> wont to do...) because we were playing "Cowboys and Indians" in the
> woods next door.
>
> Seems to me this is just the same thing (only minus the healthy physical
> activity that actually running through the woods generated).

growing up in an irish neighborhood most of our fathers were former
marines and the bad guys were the japs.

In article <MPG.1d5927e35bbf593898a4c0@news-central.giganews.com>,
giftzwerg999@NOSPAMZ.hotmail.com says...
> In article <1122967273.607586.103510@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> eddysterckx@hotmail.com says...
>
> > http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/blog/
> >
> > About the GTA non-issue in the media today
> >
> > For once I completely agree with what he writes, but don't tell him :)
>
> I can't read another of these...
>
> When I was a kid, we didn't have computer games - so I pointed toy guns
> at *real children*, and we played at shooting each other full of holes.
>
> (Regular thespians, we were, and Olivier himself couldn't ham up a death
> scene like my friend Tim.)
>
> Oddly enough, our parents didn't rush us off to the psychiatrist (or
> shoot us full of powerful, psychoactive drugs[1] as parents today are
> wont to do...) because we were playing "Cowboys and Indians" in the
> woods next door.
>
> Seems to me this is just the same thing (only minus the healthy physical
> activity that actually running through the woods generated).

It seems to me that everyone takes everything too seriously these days.

--

Epi

------------
Mt. Rainier was given that name because of the great
amount of rainfall in the Seattle region.
------------
http://www.curlesneck.com

In article <MPG.1d5975cb557361b6989795@news.east.earthlink.net>,
epicat1212@hotmail.com says...

> > Oddly enough, our parents didn't rush us off to the psychiatrist (or
> > shoot us full of powerful, psychoactive drugs[1] as parents today are
> > wont to do...) because we were playing "Cowboys and Indians" in the
> > woods next door.
> >
> > Seems to me this is just the same thing (only minus the healthy physical
> > activity that actually running through the woods generated).
>
> It seems to me that everyone takes everything too seriously these days.

Speaking for myself, it always irks me when the enemies I'm blowing away
in first-person shooters are "Pink Demons" or "Robots" or "Enemy
Commandos" - when what I'm *really* pissed off at is The Fat Bitch Ahead
Of Me In The "Express"[1] Line At The Market Who Just Stands There With
A Bovine Stare As Though She's Never *Seen* A Credit-Card-Reader Before.

*That's* when I want to pull out a sawed-off 12 gauge and paint the
walls with some innards, and I gotta love a game that lets me do that.

[POSTAL 2 had sorta the right idea, but more screaming and gushing-gore
from my victims would really satisfy.]

[1] A cruel joke!

--
Giftzwerg
***

In article <MPG.1d597c453fe2f04998a4c1@news-central.giganews.com>,
giftzwerg999@NOSPAMZ.hotmail.com says...
> In article <MPG.1d5975cb557361b6989795@news.east.earthlink.net>,
> epicat1212@hotmail.com says...
>
> > > Oddly enough, our parents didn't rush us off to the psychiatrist (or
> > > shoot us full of powerful, psychoactive drugs[1] as parents today are
> > > wont to do...) because we were playing "Cowboys and Indians" in the
> > > woods next door.
> > >
> > > Seems to me this is just the same thing (only minus the healthy physical
> > > activity that actually running through the woods generated).
> >
> > It seems to me that everyone takes everything too seriously these days.
>
> Speaking for myself, it always irks me when the enemies I'm blowing away
> in first-person shooters are "Pink Demons" or "Robots" or "Enemy
> Commandos" - when what I'm *really* pissed off at is The Fat Bitch Ahead
> Of Me In The "Express"[1] Line At The Market Who Just Stands There With
> A Bovine Stare As Though She's Never *Seen* A Credit-Card-Reader Before.
>
> *That's* when I want to pull out a sawed-off 12 gauge and paint the
> walls with some innards, and I gotta love a game that lets me do that.
>
> [POSTAL 2 had sorta the right idea, but more screaming and gushing-gore
> from my victims would really satisfy.]
>
> [1] A cruel joke!

Haha

--