Audigy 2 plat.

scotoma

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
Does anyone know where to get the "IDE like" ribbion cable in a rounded version? This is one of the cables that connects the drive to the card.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
I would also like to see a round cable to connect to the breakout box. It's the only flat cable in my case. Maybe if enough people post somebody will make one.

<font color=blue>-Any tool dropped while working on a car will roll to the exact middle.</font color=blue>

umheint0

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
just get some of those plastic ties and tie the cable into a small coil.

2500+ Barton 191x12@1.85v=2293mhz
Tr SLK-800
Tt Smartfan II
A7N8X Dlx
2x512MB Corsair PC3200
BBA 9700 Pro AIW
2x80GB 7200RPM Maxtor
Guillemot Game Theatre XP

nfaq

Distinguished
May 4, 2003
The "40 pin" cable for the Audigy2 is not an ID cable - close. I think its more of a 36pin - whatever.

Buy a coil of LOOM for about $2-3 from an electronics shop or Frys. Comes in white or black.

Look on at this from someone I play against:
http://ap.terrabox.com/photos/xppc2.htm

He used two white looms. One to cover the audio & firewire cable, the big one along the bottom of tray is the Audigy data cable, folded 4 times to fit. Check out the system stats from the home page / My PC - He's got 4 120gb WD RAID drives.

http://ap.terrabox.com

I think he spent about $70 in cabling alone.

Amiga - The Original Power

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Thanks nfaq. I have all four IDE spots in use so I need all the room I can get. The LOOM-tube is a great idea. I'll post a pic when I get it all cabled up.

-A sig is a sig is a sig.

nfaq

Distinguished
May 4, 2003
I use it myself and with my clients, handy stuff.

I wouldn't use it on the IDE cables on your drives, unlike moving audio signals - you don't need to be playing with your data cables that way. Buy the round cables, about $10~13 each.

Amiga - The Original Power

Tubing is good, there is also mesh tubing that will hug the cable and is more flexible. But it may be harder to find. It is a little easier to work with IMHO, but it depends on your likes. The plastic/loom tubing will dictate to the cable where to go which is good if the cable doesn't hang the way you want it.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
I already have both IDE's and the floppy cable replaced with <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=12-104-223-03.JPG/12-104-223-01.JPG" target="_new">Cooler Master</A> rounds, so all I'd be doing is that annoying Audigy Drive flat cable. So no worries, I'm not going to ruin my IDE cables. I would still like to see Creative offer a round cable. I'd pay a few bucks extra for it.

<font color=blue>-Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.</font color=blue>

scotoma

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
thanks for all the replies. I'll post pics too when I have finished.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin