Why do these MotherF&%ckers, not support bluetooth phones?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 13, 2005 3:15:54 AM

God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why can't I
get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the rest of the
carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones? Sony S710, Motorola
Razr V3, etc... sprints gives us Samsung MM-800 and IP-A790 crippled with NO
BLUETOOTH!
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 5:00:40 AM

In article <gu-dnbATzpV2hhnfRVn-iA@comcast.com>, NONYABIZ@nowhere.com
says...
> God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why can't I
> get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the rest of the
> carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones? Sony S710, Motorola
> Razr V3, etc... sprints gives us Samsung MM-800 and IP-A790 crippled with NO
> BLUETOOTH!

Did you happen to notice that the BT phones you mentioned are all GSM?

I don't begin to know why, but BT-enabled CDMA phones are few and far
between.

--
RØß
O/Siris

BT is over rated in my opinion. I would much rather have a WiFi enabled
device than BT. WiFi is faster, more distance and more secure than BT. My
neighbor had alread shown me how easy it is to 'steal' someone's phone book
or other files on a BT enabled phone just by walking past them. Personally
I'm glad Sprint doesn't have any BT phones.

"O/Siris" <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote in message
In article <gu-dnbATzpV2hhnfRVn-iA@comcast.com>, NONYABIZ@nowhere.com
says...
> God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why can't I
> get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the rest of the
> carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones? Sony S710,
Motorola
> Razr V3, etc... sprints gives us Samsung MM-800 and IP-A790 crippled with
NO
> BLUETOOTH!

Did you happen to notice that the BT phones you mentioned are all GSM?

I don't begin to know why, but BT-enabled CDMA phones are few and far
between.

--
RØß
O/Siris
-+-
A thing moderately good
is not so good as it ought to be.
Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
but moderation in principle is always a vice.
+Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 13, 2005 7:46:18 AM

"Spectre" <NONYABIZ@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why can't I
> get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the rest of the
> carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones? Sony S710,
> Motorola Razr V3, etc... sprints gives us Samsung MM-800 and IP-A790
> crippled with NO BLUETOOTH!

I agree!
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 7:46:19 AM

jt wrote:

> "Spectre" <NONYABIZ@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why can't I
> > get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the rest of the
> > carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones? Sony S710,
> > Motorola Razr V3, etc... sprints gives us Samsung MM-800 and IP-A790
> > crippled with NO BLUETOOTH!
> >

> I agree!

Why do *you* care? I thought you left Sprint.

Notan
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 1:22:32 PM

Spectre wrote:
> God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why can't I
> get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the rest of the
> carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones?

Treo 650
LG PM 325
And people are still selling SE T608's on eBay.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 13, 2005 8:16:37 PM

"Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> BT is over rated in my opinion. I would much rather have a WiFi enabled
> device than BT. WiFi is faster, more distance and more secure than BT. My
> neighbor had alread shown me how easy it is to 'steal' someone's phone
book
> or other files on a BT enabled phone just by walking past them. Personally
> I'm glad Sprint doesn't have any BT phones.

Really? Jeez, I'm hoping you are kidding on that Scooter. If you weren't,
can you provide some additional details, like phone models, service
providers, the time it took to steal the info, etc. ?

Bob
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:16:38 PM

>>or other files on a BT enabled phone just by walking past them. Personally
>>I'm glad Sprint doesn't have any BT phones.
>

> Really? Jeez, I'm hoping you are kidding on that Scooter. If you weren't,
> can you provide some additional details, like phone models, service
> providers, the time it took to steal the info, etc. ?

Yes, bluesnarfing is possible if you're the type of dumb user that keeps
his BT phone in discoverable mode, broadcasting its ID to any device
that'll listen. It's the same as WiFi: if you don't take simple steps
to secure your devices on the network, someone WILL take advantage of it.

--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
May 13, 2005 9:48:13 PM

"Spectre" <NONYABIZ@nowhere.com> wrote in

> God damnit I have about had it with Sprint and their bullshit. Why
> can't I get a decent Bluetooth phone from these pricks while the
> rest of the carriers are releasing modern Bluetooth enabled phones?

Maybe because your momma has a goldtooth?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:39:54 AM

Isaiah Beard wrote:

>>> or other files on a BT enabled phone just by walking past them.
>>> Personally
>>> I'm glad Sprint doesn't have any BT phones.
>>

>> Really? Jeez, I'm hoping you are kidding on that Scooter. If you weren't,
>> can you provide some additional details, like phone models, service
>> providers, the time it took to steal the info, etc. ?
>

> Yes, bluesnarfing is possible if you're the type of dumb user that keeps
> his BT phone in discoverable mode, broadcasting its ID to any device
> that'll listen. It's the same as WiFi: if you don't take simple steps
> to secure your devices on the network, someone WILL take advantage of it.

OK how do I put the LG325 in the undiscoverable mode??
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 5:50:03 AM

He had a Nokia, not sure the model but I'm sure he had some kind of software
in there that could do it. He's a wiz at stuff like that so I'm not sure if
everyone could do it. When it comes to computers I'm no sloutch either but
he's a lot better than me at it. I do know he had ATT but whern it comes to
BT service providers don't matter because Blue Tooth is a standard in it's
own right and not service specific.

It took the amount of time it takes when you do it normally. It all depends
on how much data you're transfering. He grabbed a few phone number while he
was walking past people on the street.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > BT is over rated in my opinion. I would much rather have a WiFi enabled
> > device than BT. WiFi is faster, more distance and more secure than BT.
My
> > neighbor had alread shown me how easy it is to 'steal' someone's phone
> book
> > or other files on a BT enabled phone just by walking past them.
Personally
> > I'm glad Sprint doesn't have any BT phones.
>
> Really? Jeez, I'm hoping you are kidding on that Scooter. If you weren't,
> can you provide some additional details, like phone models, service
> providers, the time it took to steal the info, etc. ?
>
> Bob

Anonymous
May 14, 2005 4:17:17 PM

> He had a Nokia, not sure the model but I'm sure he had some kind of
software
> in there that could do it. He's a wiz at stuff like that so I'm not sure
if
> everyone could do it. When it comes to computers I'm no sloutch either but
> he's a lot better than me at it. I do know he had ATT but whern it comes
> BT service providers don't matter because Blue Tooth is a standard in it's
> own right and not service specific.
>
> It took the amount of time it takes when you do it normally. It all
depends
> on how much data you're transfering. He grabbed a few phone number while
he
> was walking past people on the street.

Thanks for the follow up.

Bob
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 4:50:36 AM

You're welcome, anytime. This group helped me out numerous times, I just
thought I would help out where I can also. I actually spoke to my friend
about this today, he was away at college in Troy NY. He confirmed what I
said here (just in case I was mistaken) but he also confirmed that Sony
Eriksson phones have their BT stack messed up so they're not as susceptible
(I think) and he also confirmed what another poster said here that it could
be avoided if people would just turn off the BT feature when they're not
using it.

> "Scooterflex" <scootertrasher@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > He had a Nokia, not sure the model but I'm sure he had some kind of
> software
> > in there that could do it. He's a wiz at stuff like that so I'm not sure
> if
> > everyone could do it. When it comes to computers I'm no sloutch either
but
> > he's a lot better than me at it. I do know he had ATT but whern it comes
> > BT service providers don't matter because Blue Tooth is a standard in
it's
> > own right and not service specific.
> >
> > It took the amount of time it takes when you do it normally. It all
> depends
> > on how much data you're transfering. He grabbed a few phone number while
> he
> > was walking past people on the street.
>
> Thanks for the follow up.
>
> Bob

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 8:48:21 AM

SKI wrote:
> OK how do I put the LG325 in the undiscoverable mode??

Give it to your 3 year old and say, "Put this where you put daddy's car
keys last week..."
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 12:46:50 PM

"SKI" <SKI@NOSPAMMM.COM> wrote in message
> OK how do I put the LG325 in the undiscoverable mode??

The entire LG325 user guide is available in pdf form for free download from
Sprint.

Quick search for 'discoverable' takes you to your answer on page 157.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 4:35:42 PM

DecTxCowboy <dtc_nada_spamo_ramp@swbell.net> wrote in news:p Ozie.6614
$w21.2985@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> SKI wrote:
>> OK how do I put the LG325 in the undiscoverable mode??
>
> Give it to your 3 year old and say, "Put this where you put daddy's car
> keys last week..."

Thank you
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 6:20:31 PM

"Thurman" <thurman@bigplanet.com> wrote in

> "SKI" <SKI@NOSPAMMM.COM> wrote in message
>> OK how do I put the LG325 in the undiscoverable mode??
>
> The entire LG325 user guide is available in pdf form for free download
> from Sprint.
>
> Quick search for 'discoverable' takes you to your answer on page 157.

OK thak you I will do that
!