tabytha77

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
I just installed a FORTRON 300W P300-60PN in my case. I just wanted to pass on that beyond the quietness of the fan, this PSU is great at cooling the case. My unscientific observations show a drop of about 2-3°C from my loud-ass Raidmax 300W aluminum PS.

It is quiet, but not exactly whisper quiet. It makes me curious how quiet those Nexus power supplies are comparatively.

My only concern is the 12V lines runs at 12.27V or so. I guess that's only about 2% off, but I wish it were closer. The other 3.3V and 5V are within .02V, according to MBM.

So far I'm pretty happy with my $32 purchase, including shipping.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Fortron (FSP Group) makes some of the best power supplies in the industry, sold under the names Fortron, Power Man, Aopen, Sparkle, and PC Power & Cooling. They use heavier duty parts, and their voltages tend to be more stable at up to full load. They are also rated far more conservatively than most other power supplies.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
The motherboard's measurement hardware can be off by 5%. The only reliable way to check the voltages is with a digital voltage meter, and even the cheapest ones are almost always accurate to 1%, but even if a meter indicates that your +12V is off by 2%, this is nothing to worry about.

svol

Champion
12.27V is still inside the 5% range and wont give you any problems... my system runs rock stable with 12.22V on the 12V rail.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek:

tabytha77

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Yes, I am still very happy with it. Very quiet. Now when I upgrade to P4C I am going to go the <i>quiet</i> route instead of the super-duty loud fan route...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
the bolds and italics work, you have to use [] instead of <>. You can find which options are available by reading FAQ, linked on the left.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>