using a mn-500 & mn-100

May 30, 2004 4:53:12 AM

I have a mn-500 on a dsl connection. 3 computers and a
playstation2 hooked up to it. The pc I set up the mn-500
on is running windows xp home. The other 2 are running
98se. I tried to hook up a mn-100 to one of the 98se
computers to gain the extra ports. I used port 1 on the
mn-500 to the modem port on the mn-100 and the computer
on port 4. I set the mn-100 to bridge mode and all were
able to connect to the internet. But.... the win 98se
computer on the mn-500 and the win 98se computer on the
mn-100 will not network. No problems sharing from the win
xp computer or from the win 98se to the win xp. I can
ping the 2 win98se computers but thats as far as it goes.
they will share nothing with each other and will not
connect in network neiborhood. I tried everything. Am I
missing something? tried microsoft phone support but they
could not get going either. I gave up. Guess its off to
the store for some wireless adapters. Any sugestions?

More about : 500 100

!