Audio software (apps) -- On the "main" HD or on "Audio" HD?

Last response: in Home Audio
April 2, 2005 3:02:32 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed. I looked for an answer in previous
discussions, but did not find it.

I recently added a second hard drive to my PC, controlled by a separate
card. When I did this, I left the software audio recording and editing
applications where they were: on the original hard drive.

I have used the PC exclusively (up 'til now, anyway) for editing audio
and burning CDs. I record to ADAT, and import the files digitally into
the PC.

Now I have a chance to upgrade one of my audio applications. My
question is whether I should leave the audio recording and editing apps
on the original hard drive or move them to the second drive, which is
where the audio files are written to.

How do you guys with experience using two hard drives have your PCs set
up?

Thanks.
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 3:07:30 PM

put your apps on the system drive, and the data on the second drive.
then backup your data to the third drive :-)
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 3:08:18 PM

and use that third drive for storing and triggering samples also.
Anonymous
April 3, 2005 12:42:22 AM

On 2 Apr 2005 11:02:32 -0800, "darrelldklein@yahoo.com"
<darrelldklein@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Now I have a chance to upgrade one of my audio applications. My
>question is whether I should leave the audio recording and editing apps
>on the original hard drive or move them to the second drive, which is
>where the audio files are written to.

There's no point in separating program code and operating system.
They are inextricably entwined.
!