Speaking of COTA

Is there an estimated time of release for Conquest of the Aegean? It seems
to be very close to release.

Alanb

Alan,

My estimate changes with each bug solved and each new bug encountered.
But that is what we're doing right now, crushing bugs. By way of
example I spent 16 hours yesterday fixing one bug. It took me 12 of
those hours to just track down what was causing it, 5 minutes to
rewrite the code and then another 4 hours of testing and further
tweaking to get it right. Such is the nature of this work.

I know you guys want the game and I desparately need the money, trust
me. But I also know that you will all be dissappointed if the game is
released in a buggy state.

So we're close, real close but just not yet. More than that I'm not
going to say.

"Arjuna" <dave@panthergames.com> wrote in message
> Alan,
>
> My estimate changes with each bug solved and each new bug encountered.
> But that is what we're doing right now, crushing bugs. By way of
> example I spent 16 hours yesterday fixing one bug. It took me 12 of
> those hours to just track down what was causing it, 5 minutes to
> rewrite the code and then another 4 hours of testing and further
> tweaking to get it right. Such is the nature of this work.
>
> I know you guys want the game and I desparately need the money, trust
> me. But I also know that you will all be dissappointed if the game is
> released in a buggy state.
>
> So we're close, real close but just not yet. More than that I'm not
> going to say.

Thanks. Can't be more honest than that.

Alanb