Shrew soft vpn windows 7 compatibility Cisco & Checkpoint VPN Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
I would like to know if Shrewsoft VPN Client can be installed on Windows 7 (32 Bit) with Checkpoint & Cisco Clients already installed. I have both Checkpoint & Cisco Clients installed on Windows 7, with the respective services set to manual, and both clients are co-existing without any problem. Since I also support Juniper SSG boxes, and since Juniper has NOT YET come out with a client which supports Windows 7, I was wondering if I can use Shrewsoft client instead (which is reported to work fine with Juniper SSG). Previously I had Vista on which all the 3 - namely Checkpoint, Cisco & Juniper (SafeNet) clients were working beautifully. But Vista being Vista, I had no choice but to upgrade to Windows 7. Thanks for any help in advance.
Ajay.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
May I suggest you are over thinking this?

It worked under Vista so the odds are pretty good it will work for you on Win 7.

Set a Restore point, install your softwasre and test. You will have your answers in 15 minutes.

edgay54

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

I tried Shrew with Windows 7 32 bit. As soon as I installed Shrew my connection to the internet dropped. I disabled the Shrew services one at a time, the Shrew DNS service was the problem. So for me, it does not work and I am still looking for a solution.

G

I have a 32 bit Windows 7 installed and I have to connect to two separate places that uses CISCO VPN.
One connection did work in the CISCO vpn client but the other one did not and the opposite in Shrew soft.

The virtual network adapters seemed to conflict with each other so I can not have the installed both at the same time.

Now I am using Shrew Soft VPN client but after I installed it I have been having a resource problem. I keep getting messages from Win 7 that I am out of memory (I have 4GB installed) although I am not running many programs. I suspect that the virtual network driver is leaking memory. I at least can not find any running process that is using all this memory (sum of all in task manager is much lower around 1,5 GB).

G

I downloaded Shrew Soft 2.1.5 which killed my internet. Received a message DNS could not be found. I restored the computer to pre-Shrew Soft installation and it was fine. Thinking I did something wrong I tried it again, same result.

Third time I installed Shrew Soft 2.1.6. Internet is functional, Shrew Soft is operational ......when hardwired. Next hurdle is getting to work wirelessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.