A680 Software Update Prompt?

Hey gang-

For the past week, whenever I turn on my Samsung A680, a screen prompts
me that "there is a software update available- do you wish to install?".
I've been clicking no until I had time to check in here and see what
it's about. Surprised to see no mention of an update prompt here.
Anyone know what this might be about, or any good reason to accept or
decline the update?

Thanks!

Dave

--

Email reply to kupe@NOSPAMbellsouth.net after removing the NOSPAM
2 answers Last reply

    "Dave K." <see_signature_for_email@NOSPAM.net> wrote in message
    > Hey gang-
    >
    > For the past week, whenever I turn on my Samsung A680, a screen prompts
    > me that "there is a software update available- do you wish to install?".
    > I've been clicking no until I had time to check in here and see what
    > it's about. Surprised to see no mention of an update prompt here.
    > Anyone know what this might be about, or any good reason to accept or
    > decline the update?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Dave

    The software update is for either the phone's firmware, or the PRL.

    You can check this site -
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9 and
    compare your phone model's firmware & PRL versions to what's listed on the
    web page.

    Bob

    I've never heard of an A680 being able to update itself automatically
    like that. It was supposed to have OTA firmware updating but Sprint
    never implemented it.

Sprint PCS Software Samsung Internet Service Providers