cross-service picture mail?

I thought that I heard, last year, that the various wireless
companies were going to make it possible to send picture mail to each other,
so I could send photos to my friends on Verizon or T-Mobile or whatever.

Has anything happened on this? Did it occur and I just haven't
heard? If not, any idea on when it might be possible?

Thanks

Chris

--?
Higamous hogamus,
Woman's monogamous.
Hogamous higamus,
Man is polygamous
---Dorothy Parker

Chris Pisarra wrote:
> I thought that I heard, last year, that the various wireless
> companies were going to make it possible to send picture mail to each other,
> so I could send photos to my friends on Verizon or T-Mobile or whatever.
>
> Has anything happened on this? Did it occur and I just haven't
> heard? If not, any idea on when it might be possible?

www.pix2pix.com

Sign up and specify what phone you have so that pics can be properly
formated for you phone.

You can receive pictures from other carriers and from any desktop
computer to:

888-555-1212@pix2pix.com or bogus name goes here@pix2pix.com

In article <EqOke.7435$uR4.179@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
DecTxCowboy <dtc_nada_spamo_ramp@swbell.net> wrote:

>You can receive pictures from other carriers and from any desktop
>computer to:
>
>888-555-1212@pix2pix.com or bogus name goes here@pix2pix.com

No need for third party here, just use <phone#>@pm.sprint.com or
<vision-alias>@pm.sprint.com. Any e-mail with picture attachments
received here will be delivered as Picture Mail.

Unfortunately Picture Mail out of Sprint has only a link, instead
of an actual picture attachment...

Oleg

--
oleg | The "From" address is temporary.