Windows bluescreen during startup?

montagical

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Okay, so early this morning I was doing some gaming and when I exited my game, my computer locked up. So I restarted it, and it displayed a black screen saying that Windows was unable to start. Me, thinking it was just a random messup, I restarted, same thing. So, I tried to go into the Startup Repair, it "searched" for a good 30 mintues before telling me it couldn't do anything.

So, I found my disc and tried it, and it booted me into installer, which I then selected "repair my computer" and I was present with the normal screen. Upon clicking anything it gives me errors, and at the top it says Operating System : Unknown on (Unknown Disc).

So after fumbling with that, to no luck, I gave up and headed for bed....

I then remembered that I had plugged a 3.0 external in and had left it in. Now in the past this had given me problems if the external was plugged in during startup. So I removed the external and now it makes it to Start windows and I see the little dots and then it freezes. I then get a blue screen for a split second and then it goes away.

At this point it looks like I'm going to just have to do a full reinstall? Any ideas?

montagical

Honorable
May 20, 2012
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down t-
to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen-
restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow-
these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly install-
hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard driv-
to make sure it's properly configured and terminated.
Run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption and then-
restart your computer.

Technical information

and then it goes black.

Managed to capture that much with a high-speed camera.

Edit : Tried accessing safe mode to run chkdsk, and it blue screened as well.