switching plans

Last response: in Network Providers
May 26, 2005 2:20:58 AM

If I switch my family plan to two individual plans, would I have to resign a
new contract on each phone? Could I choose the $10 a month no contract deal
on each plan?

Capt.

More about : switching plans

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 1:40:59 PM

man with sprint if you wipe your behin they want you to sign a new contract
"Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
> If I switch my family plan to two individual plans, would I have to resign
> a new contract on each phone? Could I choose the $10 a month no contract
> deal on each plan?
>

> Capt.

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 7:32:49 PM

"rabbit" <rabbitsass@aol.com> wrote in

> man with sprint if you wipe your behin they want you to sign a new
> contract "Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
>> If I switch my family plan to two individual plans, would I have to
>> resign a new contract on each phone? Could I choose the $10 a month
>> no contract deal on each plan?
>>

>> Capt.

I did thAT AND SIGHNED A NEW CONTRACT. hOWEVER WHEN MY pm 325 DIES IF THERE
ARE NO MORE BLUETOOTH PHONES i WILL SWITCH OUT ANYWAY
May 28, 2005 7:32:50 PM

Where do you think you will switch out to?

"Ski" <ski@nospamtoday.com> wrote in message
> "rabbit" <rabbitsass@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> man with sprint if you wipe your behin they want you to sign a new
>> contract "Capn" <capn@charter.net> wrote in message
>>> If I switch my family plan to two individual plans, would I have to
>>> resign a new contract on each phone? Could I choose the $10 a month
>>> no contract deal on each plan?
>>>

>>> Capt.
>>>
> I did thAT AND SIGHNED A NEW CONTRACT. hOWEVER WHEN MY pm 325 DIES IF
> THERE
> ARE NO MORE BLUETOOTH PHONES i WILL SWITCH OUT ANYWAY
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 4:46:26 AM

In article <d7ar54$p86$1@ratbert.glorb.com>, sjsobol@JustThe.net says...
> It is indeed. My *actual* *experience* is that buying my wife a phone off
> eBay didn't change her date, and that activating my brother-in-law's old LG
> phone while saving up money to buy a replacement for my broken VI-660
> didn't, but activating the permanent replacement for my 660 - a replacement
> also bought off eBay - did. It's not consistent, and per the norm in
> recent months, you ask three Sprint reps and get seven different responses. :(

Explain that to a rep when you reach 18 months' eligibility. As of the
time I left in July last year, that isn't supposed to to happen, and we
were supposed to override it if it did.

Only activating a new phone (never previously used by anyone) should
reset your "clock" for New For You. In fact:

http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/pop-termsConditions...

"Activating a *new phone* prior to date of eligibility resets your
eligibility date to 18 months after your most recent new phone
activation (excludes additional new lines of service)."

Emphasis is mine, not theirs.

So, Steve, if that "final" replacement was a brand new, never activated
phone, then it properly reset your 18-month clock. If it wasn't new,
then it didn't, and a SprintPCS rep (one of the *2 reps) should manually
update your account to override what the automated system says. While I
was there, this consisted of adding on a "transparent" billing code that
informed the rebate processing center that we had investigated the
account and found it eligible for the mailin rebate.

--
RØß
O/Siris